MuraRX

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
For those of you that live off-campus and go back home for the summer, how do you handle the furniture situation? Do you rent furniture or do you lug it all back and forth every Fall?

psychoandy

10+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2005
hahahaha, seriously? You aren't required to sign a lease for a year? Isn't that the whole point of living off campus, you pay less than on-campus and get better digs, but you're bound to a lease and you have to either sublet or throw away your rent money on a place you're not physically at?

Maybe living in an urban area with ridiculous housing prices has jaded me or something.

spacecowgirl

in the bee-loud glade
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2004
Innisfree
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Rent a furnished apartment.

I haven't gone home for the summer in 10 years or so, but that's what I did as an undergrad.

About the Ads

MuraRX

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
hahahaha, seriously? You aren't required to sign a lease for a year? Isn't that the whole point of living off campus, you pay less than on-campus and get better digs, but you're bound to a lease and you have to either sublet or throw away your rent money on a place you're not physically at?

Maybe living in an urban area with ridiculous housing prices has jaded me or something.

No, a lot of places close to universities offer 6 and 9 month leases. I will be moving away from my husband while I'm in school and plan to come home every summer.

spacecowgirl said:
Rent a furnished apartment.

I've called around and I'm having a hard time finding them. :(

OasisDwlr

10+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2006
San Francisco
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Try renting a storage unit. You lose the money but save the hassle of carting it back and forth. Maybe other students would chip in and store some of their stuff too.

MuraRX

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
hmm...good idea; i'll look into that, thanks!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.