Living Expense loans in Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CB2022

Reaction score
I recently got accepted to UK's pharmacy school program, and I was wondering how much loan money I would be offered for living expenses. I have no parental support, so I'm trying to create a budget. Any info would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I would recommend that you reconsider your decision to go to pharmacy school. The job market is terrible and getting worse by the year, and student loan burdens tend to be astronomical. A huge problem for graduates is being able to pay back said loans in this tough job market.

Reactions: 1 user
I recently got accepted to UK's pharmacy school program, and I was wondering how much loan money I would be offered for living expenses. I have no parental support, so I'm trying to create a budget. Any info would be appreciated.

Look at the last bulletin outline to get the phone number to connect with financial aid advisors

page 7 of 16 for flat out tuition rate (Resident status $28,338 annual rate)

I can spit ball a google search (alas lazy to do it) to figure out apartment costs, student insurance, lab / student fees, meal plans, etc etc but I'd look them up for yourself and present it to the advisors office at the link I sent you. If you did the pre-req only associate degree path going into Pharmacy than you qualify for some pell grant going into the program. Either way, you are going to have to do a FAFSA for the program (with a school code and/or name of program when you log in and create your account on the .gov website) which will tell you how much of subsidized / unsubsidized loans you qualify for. There is also a Healthcare Professional Student Loan qualifier (first come first serve) specific for pharmacy programs (HPSL).

Outside of tuition alone, make a rough outline on the high end for the following:

Apartment cost + Deposit + possible utilities cost if not included in the rent : (sharing an apartment or a small studio)
Student Insurance: (Can fall under parents health insurance despite getting no financial support)
Books / Lab Fees:
Transportation: (If you have a vehicle, prepare for normal maintenance fees plus insurance or if you take the bus how much for a pass)
Meal plan: (school or you going to do the groceries yourself and cook?)
APPE rotations (Last year of the program): May need to travel and double rent an apartment for each 6 week rotation for a year.
**Emergency Money**

Plan on getting around $150k - $200k+ in loans with accruing interest.

Reactions: 1 user