Quantcast

Off topic: Question about a Man

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chocomorsel

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so there's this guy that I see in the hospital alot. He's a new doc. So I know him, kinda, meaning that I know who he is and he knows who I am. But we aren't exactly friends or even acquantances. So he's kinda shy and I'm really liking him over the past few weeks. Thing is, he may have a gf. I know he did in the past cuz I would see them together but I'm not sure if they are still together. My question is, should I ask him whether or not he has a gf, then based on that ask him out, or should I spend the time, try to show face, get to know him and then ask much later. I'm kinda afraid that the second approach would set me up for failure, meaning that maybe I will get to liking him even more and then he won't be available. Anyway, just an off topic subject and wanted the non-traditionals more mature approach on how to approach this situation. Our conversations never seem to make it past "hey, how's surgery" and vice versa. I feel like I'm too old to behave like a seventh grader and keep watching and wanting from afar. At 28 I should be able to after what I want right?

N

njbmd

chocomorsel said:
Ok, so there's this guy that I see in the hospital alot. He's a new doc. So I know him, kinda, meaning that I know who he is and he knows who I am. But we aren't exactly friends or even acquantances. So he's kinda shy and I'm really liking him over the past few weeks. Thing is, he may have a gf. I know he did in the past cuz I would see them together but I'm not sure if they are still together. My question is, should I ask him whether or not he has a gf, then based on that ask him out, or should I spend the time, try to show face, get to know him and then ask much later. I'm kinda afraid that the second approach would set me up for failure, meaning that maybe I will get to liking him even more and then he won't be available. Anyway, just an off topic subject and wanted the non-traditionals more mature approach on how to approach this situation. Our conversations never seem to make it past "hey, how's surgery" and vice versa. I feel like I'm too old to behave like a seventh grader and keep watching and wanting from afar. At 28 I should be able to after what I want right?

Hi there,
What wrong with "Hey there, how about catching a meal at the new restaurant up the street?" or finding a way to chat more than briefly with this person. Then be upfront, and ask him out.

njbmd :)

chocomorsel

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
njbmd said:
Hi there,
What wrong with "Hey there, how about catching a meal at the new restaurant up the street?" or finding a way to chat more than briefly with this person. Then be upfront, and ask him out.

Thanks, I'll try that. But it's easier said than done. I feel a little stupid asking now. Anyway.......

rouge et noir

What's new, pussycat?
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

this is definitely one of the stranger posts I've read in a while.

Doctor~Detroit

this poll sux!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
doctors have patients, and patients dress in skimpy gowns that can accidentally be put on backwards. i'm just saying . . .

NewNick

COMP 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
rouge et noir said:

this is definitely one of the stranger posts I've read in a while.

Yeah, very non-traditional post in this forum. :)

n0chi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
njbmd said:
Hi there,

:thumbup:

just from the way he would respond to that would let you know for sure...

good luck!

Khuyen

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes, at 28 you most likely overcome all adolescent fear, know what you want and go after it. However, think twice before dating someone from work... you know: office gossips and all - make sure you can handle it.