Off-Topic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedPR

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Because I can't go on the facebook UD group at work. Talk about anything you want.

Members don't see this ad.

I stayed up until 5am this morning to see Jupiter and Venus through my new telescope. Also, "Anansi Boys" by Neil Gaiman is a good book. Finally, my kids are body slamming each other.

Now I just need a picture of my car thermometer so everyone knows its hot.

I stayed up until 5am this morning to see Jupiter and Venus through my new telescope. Also, "Anansi Boys" by Neil Gaiman is a good book. Finally, my kids are body slamming each other.

Now I just need a picture of my car thermometer so everyone knows its hot.

I wish I had a telescope. I might invest it one if I go somewhere rural for med school.

How hot is it there? It was 105-109 here for 10 consecutive days. It's dropped down into the high 80's for the past two days though.

Members don't see this ad :)
MedPR I went to Maui a few weeks ago... absolutely beautiful. I thought it was going to be extremely hot but it didn't go above 80 while I was there. I was told by some locals that they had been having mild weather lately. Seems like wherever I go they are having mild weather. When I went to Philly I was expecting snow because it was February... it was cold, but no snow! I have yet to see falling snow.

MedPR I went to Maui a few weeks ago... absolutely beautiful. I thought it was going to be extremely hot but it didn't go above 80 while I was there. I was told by some locals that they had been having mild weather lately. Seems like wherever I go they are having mild weather. When I went to Philly I was expecting snow because it was February... it was cold, but no snow! I have yet to see falling snow.

Well it's rare for the temp to get above 90 in Hawai'i anyway. Maui is probably the most beautiful island to visit. I'm from Oahu, but Maui is my favorite.

My friend got charged by a moose cow protecting her calf as we were cycling through the mountains of eastern Idaho.. She called off the chase, luckily. Otherwise he would have needed a doctor..

I wish I had a telescope. I might invest it one if I go somewhere rural for med school.

How hot is it there? It was 105-109 here for 10 consecutive days. It's dropped down into the high 80's for the past two days though.

That would be a really good investment. I bought one but with Houston, there isn't much to see up there.

Not sure if serious? :eek:

I believe him. I've seen snow twice in my life and we got super lucky both times.

I stayed up until 5am this morning to see Jupiter and Venus through my new telescope.

How many scopes do you have now? I'm looking into that observatory you were talking about a while back where you got your training. Should make for a nice get-away from school, lol.

How many scopes do you have now? I'm looking into that observatory you were talking about a while back where you got your training. Should make for a nice get-away from school, lol.

Looking for a place to take the females huh?

Members don't see this ad :)
Today was the first day in about 3 weeks we got rain here.

It was an event, I never thought i'd be so happy to see rain...but it only rained for like 20 minutes which means I still have to water my garden tomorrow...

I am a bad plant parent.

Last edited:
Well it's rare for the temp to get above 90 in Hawai'i anyway. Maui is probably the most beautiful island to visit. I'm from Oahu, but Maui is my favorite.

I am from Oahu to! I wish I was still in the islands....

I am from Oahu to! I wish I was still in the islands....

Really? I don't miss it much. I moved to Saint Louis, Missouri in 2006 for undergrad and have been here since (besides going home for christmas/summer).

What high school did you go to?

Just recently broke up with boyfriend, what should I do to keep my mind off of the whole bad situation? anything besides eating unhealthy ( yes this includes chocolate).

Just recently broke up with boyfriend, what should I do to keep my mind off of the whole bad situation? anything besides eating unhealthy ( yes this includes chocolate).

Get a new hobby. Start learning an instrument, maybe guitar. Find a long term volunteer project. That can give you a distraction and a meaningful way to spend time. Start watching game of thrones, I recently found out about the series and its amazing. So good.

Get a new hobby. Start learning an instrument, maybe guitar. Find a long term volunteer project. That can give you a distraction and a meaningful way to spend time. Start watching game of thrones, I recently found out about the series and its amazing. So good.

I'd have to agree...game of thrones is great and takes your mind off the day

Edit: another good one...my wife and I are watching Lost for the second time and it's surprisingly good/different the second time around. I missed a bunch of episodes the first time

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one stuck at home on a Friday night playing on the computer to pass the time.
:yawn:

Just 2. A 4" makcas and an 8" schmidt cas. My dad has 40 acres of rural land that is also a great place to look with dirtbikes and crap, but that observatory is pretty nice. 2 16" scopes and probably another 10 scopes that you can use as you please.

If a woman can't appreciate the cosmos... she's not worth it.

I guess.

Work on applications :)

I'd have to agree...game of thrones is great and takes your mind off the day

Edit: another good one...my wife and I are watching Lost for the second time and it's surprisingly good/different the second time around. I missed a bunch of episodes the first time

Game of thrones is awesome. I was so sad when the season ended :(.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one stuck at home on a Friday night playing on the computer to pass the time.
:yawn:

I'm home every friday night (after work) :).

We can talk those 90s, but you better come with more than nirvana. You aren't talking 90s until chumbawumba or hanson comes out.

backstreet boys.

yeah I'm home every night. I can't remember the last time I went "out." LOL

Sigh...

Me neither. Sometime before December 19th. That's when I started MCAT prep and I haven't gone out since I took my MCAT (4/5) either.

We can talk those 90s, but you better come with more than nirvana. You aren't talking 90s until chumbawumba or hanson comes out.

Haha...yeah, I've been known to tub-thump...whatever that meant??

...I also remembering being upset when I found out that pissing the night away just meant they got drunk. Totally ruined the image I had

Really? I don't miss it much. I moved to Saint Louis, Missouri in 2006 for undergrad and have been here since (besides going home for christmas/summer).

What high school did you go to?

I went to Aiea, graduated in 2007 and moved to Idaho for school (in state tuition). I haven't been able to get back since, and a lake is just not the same as the ocean:rolleyes:

I went to Aiea, graduated in 2007 and moved to Idaho for school (in state tuition). I haven't been able to get back since, and a lake is just not the same as the ocean:rolleyes:

Cool, I lived in Halawa Heights. Went to Kam.

Dark chocolate is good for you, and so is a glass of red wine right?

We all have no lives lol I spend my friday nights watching ER shows on TV

LOL, very true. I am finding that my "life" has changed due to studying for the MCAT, working, etc. It's all good in the end, to be able to look back on years of dreaming and see dreams come true, priceless.....

I do have friends that became casualties of getting into medical school. They party often, but when considering the life they have compared to mine, I'd never trade for even a second.

Dark chocolate is good for you, and so is a glass of red wine right?

sure it can be good, but ehhh..... I'm not much of a chocolate fan. I've seen my friends go through bad break ups and gain weight due to too much chocolate. I rather stay away. I have been working on applications, but to be honest .... I have had so many writer's block.:eek:
However, Zumba might do the trick

Besides anyone want to read my essay for LMU-DCOM? PM me!!!!!!!!!!! thanks even though this wasn't suppose to be on the off-topic thread

This whole thing is funny, I considered joining the Facebook group even though I don't think I'm an UD, but then decided I don't want anyone knowing who I am.

Unrelated note: my MCAT score isn't bad (29), but we had a power outage during the exam and I lost a bunch of answers and had to just guess at what I had put before the power shut off (took about 10 mins to get the computers back on), and I think I had the ability to score higher. Worth mentioning ever? (interviews, etc.) or no?

Also sorry for the "on topic" question!

This whole thing is funny, I considered joining the Facebook group even though I don't think I'm an UD, but then decided I don't want anyone knowing who I am.

Unrelated note: my MCAT score isn't bad (29), but we had a power outage during the exam and I lost a bunch of answers and had to just guess at what I had put before the power shut off (took about 10 mins to get the computers back on), and I think I had the ability to score higher. Worth mentioning ever? (interviews, etc.) or no?

I don't think its worth mentioning. You have a decent MCAT.

And I like this thread. Its fun to just talk about random stuff. It would be nice to see how everyone looks like. I would join the facebook group if I had one.

Nice job on the MCAT. Personally, I seriously doubt you'll ever need to worry about mentioning your MCAT score in an interview. Good luck with your applications.

No. You'll look dumb for not voiding and retaking it.

lol that sounds so creepy, ya like what ya see? haha jk one day we should all have a giant skype sesh :laugh:

You bet it's creepy.

Hilarious! The same thing happened to me!! Power out for 10-12 mins...I was so mad it was difficult to re focus.

I got a 30, but I was averaging 35-36...oh well. For what's its worth, I didn't put it in my app...it might come up in an interview under stress coping situations, haha...but prob not

Ok thanks guys, that was my gut feeling about it anyway. Can other people (normal fb friends) see that you're in the group? As in, does it show up on your profile info? No one in the group knows me, but it's really that I don't want pre-meds at my school (already my fb friends) to have any way to figure out who I am on here.

Ok thanks guys, that was my gut feeling about it anyway. Can other people (normal fb friends) see that you're in the group? As in, does it show up on your profile info? No one in the group knows me, but it's really that I don't want pre-meds at my school (already my fb friends) to have any way to figure out who I am on here.

no colesmalls made it private

no colesmalls made it private
I love the idea of a FB group for the UDs. Who do we contact about it? Sorry been off SDN for a few weeks due to studying so missed most of the convo about it.

the link for it is on the first page of the underdog thread