Off-Topic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay, I requested to join, even without the UD stats. But I was pulling for the kings this year, you know? (hockey UD and won the cup)

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, I requested to join, even without the UD stats. But I was pulling for the kings this year, you know? (hockey UD and won the cup)

this year the UDs are taking over, we've already decided

Okay, already glad I joined. This is going to provide so much entertainment for tonight. lol

Not sure if serious? :eek:

Serious as v-fib.

I believe it if he's from the west coast.

Close... Florida ;)

Game of thrones is awesome. I was so sad when the season ended :(.

I just saw it the other day! Totally bummed that we have to wait a long time for it to come back. My friend and I were just talking about how they should do a miniseason about a flashback of Rob and Ned's Rebellion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Serious as v-fib.

Close... Florida ;)

I just saw it the other day! Totally bummed that we have to wait a long time for it to come back. My friend and I were just talking about how they should do a miniseason about a flashback of Rob and Ned's Rebellion.

That would be awesome. I'd like to know more about the wall and night's watch too. Like prequel kind of thing.

That would be awesome. I'd like to know more about the wall and night's watch too. Like prequel kind of thing.

Not sure if you guys know this or not but the tv show is based on the book series A Song of Ice and Fire by George Martin. Five books are out so far and two more to come.

On a slightly similar note, the final season of breaking bad starts on Sunday. Excited about that too!

Not sure if you guys know this or not but the tv show is based on the book series A Song of Ice and Fire by George Martin. Five books are out so far and two more to come.

On a slightly similar note, the final season of breaking bad starts on Sunday. Excited about that too!

Yea, I think the intro to the shows mentions that it's based off of a book series. I never got into Breaking Bad though I've heard it's a great show.

I miss Weeds.

Yea, I think the intro to the shows mentions that it's based off of a book series. I never got into Breaking Bad though I've heard it's a great show.

I miss Weeds.

I like Breaking Bad. Though I'm glad they're ending it. Hate it when the networks push the shows so far that it doesn't make sense.

Also, you do know season 8 of Weeds is airing right now right?

I like Breaking Bad. Though I'm glad they're ending it. Hate it when the networks push the shows so far that it doesn't make sense.

Really! Thanks :) Going to download the episodes tonight. I don't have Showtime anymore.

I miss Weeds.

I want to start watching Breaking Bad too. And Californication.

I stopped watching Weeds when she went to Mexico.

Anybody see Terra Nova? Or shall I say Terra NOVA? :D I'm pissed they canned it.

My girlfriend has me watching pretty little liars with her. It's not bad.

Anybody see Terra Nova? Or shall I say Terra NOVA? :D I'm pissed they canned it.

I like Californication. Never seen Terra NOVA. I see what you did there :laugh:

:whoa: my sister watches that.. and she's 16.

I like Californication. Never seen Terra NOVA. I see what you did there :laugh:

:whoa: my sister watches that.. and she's 16.

My girlfriend is 16... What's your sister's name?

Love breaking bad

you mean Terra NSU ...haha

Ok, my wife actually has me watch that too...Im so ashamed when I get the song stuck in my head or get a text and think its from -V

...haha

Random question, how do I edit a picture next to my name?

As would I. They keep saying "winter's coming.." and I think I know what they mean now judging by the snowy wind that Samwell Tarley got caught in at the end of the last episode... I guess I have quite a bit of time to contemplate the true meaning. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it :rolleyes:

Yep, my friends are reading it now. I wish I read them before the show started, I'm a few weeks out to the start of first year and about to have hardly any time for books.

I refuse to watch the newest episodes of series that I haven't even started yet. I need to catch up!

Speaking of editing Avatar, I wish someone would edit Avatar...take out the hippie stuff, and make it more like a lord of the rings 3-D.

Haha yeah.. I'd like a re-do on Avatar, too. The forest did look pretty trippy in 3D, though ;)

I'd also like a mulligan on The Golden Compass. The producers of that movie should be banned for turning such a great book trilogy into toilet paper for SAG to wipe their butts with. I was not impressed by what they turned the first book into for the big screens. :thumbdown:

:thumbup:

Nice slow exposure picture you chose for your avatar too...did you take that?

I found it online. I wish I had taken something like that. It reminds me of the country side between San Antonio and El paso.

NeuroLAX, good luck! :thumbup::thumbup:

I found it online. I wish I had taken something like that. It reminds me of the country side between San Antonio and El paso.

NeuroLAX, good luck! :thumbup::thumbup:

Ok cool...well it's a good pic. Ill pretend I took it

Got our new couch today!

Nice...

Been looking for a while? Get a good deal?

Nah. We went to look last weekend and picked it up today. They wanted $100 to deliver it :eek:.

Got a pretty decent deal on it. I think it was an extended 4th of July sale.

That reminds me... I have no furniture for my new apartment. I have too much stuff to do in the next few weeks, and looking for furniture is definitely on the list. Not to mention I am busting my ass trying to finish a research project before the weekend. There are not enough hours in the day!!

In college I used to hit up Goodwill with my roommates for cheap couches... got a jean couch for like $30-40. Took it with me to my apartment in grad school, but after I moved out of there and into my parents' house they quickly vetoed it and it was once again given to a Goodwill-type place.

Last edited:
That reminds me... I have no furniture for my new apartment. I have too much stuff to do in the next few weeks, and looking for furniture is definitely on the list. Not to mention I am busting my ass trying to finish a research project before the weekend. There is not enough hours in the day!!

In college I used to hit up Goodwill with my roommates for cheap couches... got a jean couch for like $30-40. Took it with me to my apartment in grad school, but after I moved out of there and into my parents' house they quickly vetoed it and it was once again given to a Goodwill-type place.

Wow, $30-40 sounds awesome. We got our couch for $450 and it was marked down from about $1k.

Looks like this, except not leather and not the same color.
Cheap-two-tone-reversible-sectional-sofa-couch-set-loveseat-chaise-267104_image.jpg

I just saw the new Spiderman movie. I would rate it a B+. Anyone seen it?

I just saw the new Spiderman movie. I would rate it a B+. Anyone seen it?

Not yet either... I've been pretty picky with going to the theater recently...usually not worth it.

I am curious about the Hobbit. It's looking like next generation videography. Shot with dual red epics(which I think are capable of 4-5K resolution) @48 fps(doubled) which will be a whole new experience for the 3D. Hope it still looks cinematic though...

I think HP was the last thing I saw too.

I want to see the hobbit and les miserables