Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Offical Do You Senior Grades Count? Thread

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by theunderdog, Dec 22, 2005.

1. theunderdog

theunderdog Medical Student (Slave)
    7+ Year Member

i'm actually sick of seeing multiple threads asking the same thing.

for college seniors who have already gotten accepted into med school--

it's OK to get a C, not a D or F (in my school, F is a R). if you get a C, the school will ask for an explanation or an opporunity for you to explain.

FEW schools are cool with a C, but they will tell you in the acceptance letter.

for rising pre-meds:

if you happen to get a C or B- or such in a pre-req, then you are OKAY if you can pull off an A in the 2nd part of the course. for example, you get a C in ochem I and you put off an A in ochem II.

plus, you should not be worried about individual grades as much. you should worry about your overall BCPM. regardless of how many Cs you get, you need to somehow get at least around a 3.4 BCPM... 3.5 BCPM to be safe...

even if you get Cs in prereqs, you better start taking some easy science courses to boost the BCPM.

myth busted and case closed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jbrice1639

jbrice1639 Cub Fan, Bud Man
    5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    uh...i got a B- in the first semester of orgo. turned around and got a C+ in the second semester...ended up with a 3.1-3.2 BCPM...got multiple interviews in september and two acceptances by halloween.

so, you don't even need to get an A in the second semester of a pre-req to remain competitive. in fact, apparently, you don't even have to show an upward trend.

myth more busted. case more closed. :cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bootz

bootz Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Thats awesome...congrats!

4. kimmcauliffe

kimmcauliffe Surfer Chum
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thank you for clarifying this for the students who will have gray hair before they're 27.

5. jammin06

7+ Year Member

Really? I didn't think it was a HUGE deal. I sadly received my first C+ this semester, but yet managed a 3.5 for the semester...should I write to the school that I was accepted to, or is situation seen as being ok?

6. crys20

crys20 make it happen!
    5+ Year Member

really, you think if you get Cs post-acceptance notification the school will ask you to explain??

jammin, i think your fine, would not stress.