Office Politics/ Job Security

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah this should have been handled at a store level. Don't remember if you said you had a good or bad relationship with your partner/Rx manager but if this tech was really that bad, both of you guys would have no trouble getting rid of her. It just sounds like you have a bad relationship with everyone and I'm sure there's more to story than the one you are presenting us with... If you don't have good relations with most of your coworkers, I suggest you look to work somewhere else because it really isn't worth the trouble working in a toxic environment.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
So is my career in this company screwed?
If I work hard and succeed while floating, can I reinvent myself?
Am I forever tarnished in her eyes?

So is my career in this company screwed?
If I work hard and succeed while floating, can I reinvent myself?
Am I forever tarnished in her eyes?

Just keep quiet, don't say anything and pickup sick calls when they need help and you'll be good. And stop posting so many details, it's not healthy. Hit the gym you'll feel better.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just keep quiet, don't say anything and pickup sick calls when they need help and you'll be good. And stop posting so many details, it's not healthy. Hit the gym you'll feel better.

This. OP, let go of what you can't control and focus on how you can be helpful. You'll feel a lot more relaxed once you do.

Reactions: 4 users
Career and pharmacy are two words that should not be used in the same sentence. You already said that DM of your own district will not have a career with this company. It is simply a job these days.

I try to work hard but it has nothing to do with making a good impression or advancing within the company. And please don't bring up taking out trash or doing hazardous waste or inventory. If you have time do it, if you don't then don't. We can talk about it if you are doing it off the clock and usually no one will care about that either in the big scheme of things. All I see is a predicament that many pharmacies face these days. Poorly handled techs and pressure from corporate.

I said "likely" based on what I was told from other districts that has already been taken over.
I cannot guarantee anything.

I also do not want her to loose her job. I just wish things were handled more fairly.
If Rx manager had simply addressed to the tech, none of this would have happened.

When the support system of a building is week, a building collapse.

Frankly, I'm shocked why the DM didn't check the # of scripts being done.

From 9:30-2, usually 50-60 scripts done. From 2-9, usually 130 plus scripts done.

No, I don't work off the clock. I just don't think I should overwork myself for a store that just screwed me over.

Career and pharmacy are two words that should not be used in the same sentence. You already said that DM of your own district will not have a career with this company. It is simply a job these days.

I try to work hard but it has nothing to do with making a good impression or advancing within the company. And please don't bring up taking out trash or doing hazardous waste or inventory. If you have time do it, if you don't then don't. We can talk about it if you are doing it off the clock and usually no one will care about that either in the big scheme of things. All I see is a predicament that many pharmacies face these days. Poorly handled techs and pressure from corporate.

You need to imitate what Tech A does. You do enough not to be the bottom performer (not to get written up). The standard is probably higher for a pharmacist than for that tech but the concept still applies.

This guy retails

Reactions: 3 users
I don't know. Tech A is just basically what I deal with everyday. Except she may be a little more likable than my techs because no one would tip their stank faces.

I really think that the worst employee is just a reflection of someone higher up in management. Lazy boss=lazy underlings. So you can work hard to remove Tech A but I doubt her replacement is gonna be any different.

You can fight but why would you pick this fight? So patients like her and gave her gift cards...so what? You didn't have to report any of that, but you did. You thought you had her and was probably grinning the whole time you typed that email to HR. Anyways, it seems stupid and you have way more to lose. Your DM doesn't have time to deal with this bs. Be smarter.

Last edited:
Yeah, I once had a tech that I hated that the customers loved. I never 'got' it. She was slow and inefficient. I never witnessed anything approaching good customer service. But the customers loved her and never complained. Once I got over it and just let it go my life got a lot better.

Although in retrospect I still don't understand why anyone liked her, lol

Reactions: 1 users
I was also offered the same gift both times and I refused them.

Yeah, I once had a tech that I hated that the customers loved. I never 'got' it. She was slow and inefficient. I never witnessed anything approaching good customer service. But the customers loved her and never complained. Once I got over it and just let it go my life got a lot better.

I've dealt with a few techs that would literally shake (if they still worked for me LOL) about the new WM attendance policy. So-called "face" of the pharmacy but never actually productive but would take credit for everyone else's hard work. My politically incorrect self quickly ascertained that they were the customers' "kind," so they were easier to relate to compared to the ethnic minority techs

Reactions: 1 user
I guarantee your DM thinks you're a PITA based on this blog you have going, regardless of who's right or wrong. I haven't had any communication with my DM in 4 years since I was hired. The best communication with a DM is none.
I would take it a step further and speculate that she is actively trying to find a reason to lay him off and replace him with her cousin's sister new grad pharmacist or something.

Water seeks its own level

DM used my email to check stuff, will use it if she ever tries something to screw me.

I would take it a step further and speculate that she is actively trying to find a reason to lay him off and replace him with her cousin's sister new grad pharmacist or something.

Reactions: 1 user
I've said this before, and I will say it again.....a staff pharmacist moving into an environment is NOT going to change the culture. Regardless of how fair, how rational, or even how legal the culture is, you as the new staff pharmacist will never change it. Your 2 options are either 1) Suck it up and deal with it or 2) get a new job. You choose to fight, with is an automatically losing option, so your DM gave you #2, a new floating job. Which beats getting fired. Learn from this experience and you will have a much better time of it on your next job.