-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Office Space is a really great movie...
Started by delicious
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
WhatevAh. Office space rawks.
fraid notbananaface said:WhatevAh. Office space rawks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*shows you one of my pieces of flair* 😛
bananaface said:WhatevAh. Office space rawks.
Do you sign out cases in "Gansta" speak?
I'm neither a pathologist nor a "gangsta" wannabe. I could say, "Awww yeah! I gots me da skills dat fillz da pillz." (Of course that's not really an accurate description of pharmacy.)Pookies said:Do you sign out cases in "Gansta" speak?
I worked in the Hilltop area of Tacoma and am quite proficient in "Hillbonics". For example if a patient says "Ah nee mah high-co-tie-die", they want their hydrochrorothiazide. My favorite is how some people get high as hell and leave indecipherable voice messages left at 3am. Then we all get to pass the phone around to see if anyone recognizes the voice so that we can call them and ask them WTF they were mumbling about on the recorder. Not that that only happens in the ghetto...
OMGROFL my guts out.roach said:Hi, my name is Steve. I come from a rough area. I used to be addicted to crack but now I am off it and trying to stay clean. That is why I am selling magazine subscriptions.
B
b&ierstiefel
"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam. I swear, I kick this piece of sh1t!!!"
"Lawrence, has anyone ever told you that you have the case of the Mondays?"
"Um...no. No. **** no. I believe you'd get your ass kicked for saying something like that!"
"Lawrence, has anyone ever told you that you have the case of the Mondays?"
"Um...no. No. **** no. I believe you'd get your ass kicked for saying something like that!"
Peter Gibbons (Ron Livingston) lives in the "Morningwood Apartments". 
The set for Chotchkie's is actually the restaurant "the Alligator grille" in Austin, Texas.
The red Swingline stapler that Milton was so afraid of having taken away was never actually manufactured by the Swingline company; it was instead painted red by a crew member in the props department. However, following the movie's success on video as a cult film, the demand for red Swingline staplers (apparently as a symbol of quiet rebellion among cubicle-bound employees) was so great that the company began to sell the red Swingline stapler on its website.
After the movie became a cult item, Mike Judge was offered a chance to make a sequel called "Office Space 2: Still Renting". But Judge said that he had been through enough anguish over the first one that he didn't want to put himself through the experience again. 😡
Began as a short animated skit on NBC's "Saturday Night Live" (1975) (episode # 19.3 - 25 September 1993). Directed by Mike Judge, it consisted of Milton and Lumbergh and touched on a few points that appeared in the movie (the stapler, Milton having to move his desk, and him wanting to burn the building down).
Chotchkie's gets its name from the Yiddish word meaning a cheap trinket or knick-knack.
At the party for Tom (Richard Riehle) Drew ('Greg Pitts' ) has a conversation with Peter (Ron Livingston) in which he lists all of the men that have slept with Peter's girlfriend Joanna (Jennifer Aniston). Among those he mentions is David Rennie, the film's editor
The directory that the bank software virus is stored on is "C:/LR427/Virus_CDEF" CDEF is a virus that dates back to 1990. It infects desktop files and can cause system crashes, anomalous behavior, and printing problems. It is obsolete now and was mostly harmless.
On Peter's personnel file, his address is shown to be 191 N. Lamar, Flander, IL 77070. (77070 is actually the zip code for Houston, Texas.) His mother's name is Suzi Gibbons and lives at 11004 Marble Rd., Erie, NY 05452 (actually a Vermont zip code).
Mike Judge appears in a cameo as Stan, Joanna's boss at Chotchkie's. He's listed in the credits as "William King."

The set for Chotchkie's is actually the restaurant "the Alligator grille" in Austin, Texas.
The red Swingline stapler that Milton was so afraid of having taken away was never actually manufactured by the Swingline company; it was instead painted red by a crew member in the props department. However, following the movie's success on video as a cult film, the demand for red Swingline staplers (apparently as a symbol of quiet rebellion among cubicle-bound employees) was so great that the company began to sell the red Swingline stapler on its website.
After the movie became a cult item, Mike Judge was offered a chance to make a sequel called "Office Space 2: Still Renting". But Judge said that he had been through enough anguish over the first one that he didn't want to put himself through the experience again. 😡
Began as a short animated skit on NBC's "Saturday Night Live" (1975) (episode # 19.3 - 25 September 1993). Directed by Mike Judge, it consisted of Milton and Lumbergh and touched on a few points that appeared in the movie (the stapler, Milton having to move his desk, and him wanting to burn the building down).
Chotchkie's gets its name from the Yiddish word meaning a cheap trinket or knick-knack.
At the party for Tom (Richard Riehle) Drew ('Greg Pitts' ) has a conversation with Peter (Ron Livingston) in which he lists all of the men that have slept with Peter's girlfriend Joanna (Jennifer Aniston). Among those he mentions is David Rennie, the film's editor
The directory that the bank software virus is stored on is "C:/LR427/Virus_CDEF" CDEF is a virus that dates back to 1990. It infects desktop files and can cause system crashes, anomalous behavior, and printing problems. It is obsolete now and was mostly harmless.
On Peter's personnel file, his address is shown to be 191 N. Lamar, Flander, IL 77070. (77070 is actually the zip code for Houston, Texas.) His mother's name is Suzi Gibbons and lives at 11004 Marble Rd., Erie, NY 05452 (actually a Vermont zip code).
Mike Judge appears in a cameo as Stan, Joanna's boss at Chotchkie's. He's listed in the credits as "William King."
AndyMilonakis said:"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam. I swear, I kick this piece of sh1t!!!"
Awww yeah, check out the avatar.
Super Troopers used to be sold in a double DVD pack with Office Space for awhile. It was a good movie. But, Office Space is by far the better of the two.delicious said:Thanks JAMMAN, those are some interesting Office Space facts....
FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!!!
You want a good movie?!! SuperTroopers. Best movie ever made.
BTW, Andy is the only one allowed to initiate discussions on poo around here. That is all.
B
b&ierstiefel
that's right....yield to him who was formerly called HotSteamingTurd!bananaface said:Super Troopers used to be sold in a double DVD pack with Office Space for awhile. It was a good movie. But, Office Space is by far the better of the two.
BTW, Andy is the only one allowed to initiate discussions on poo around here. That is all.
bananaface said:Super Troopers used to be sold in a double DVD pack with Office Space for awhile.
Are you serious?!!
ok, ok, i admit Office Space is funnier than SuperTroopers. Office Space stands alone as funny, whereas with SuperTroopers, you have to be high and with a group of friends. I'm just messin with you guys. Office Space rocks - I've seen it like 6 times. Pathology is where it's at. Pre-dental/Dental forum is ooooold news.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B
b&ierstiefel
delicious said:Are you serious?!!![]()
ok, ok, i admit Office Space is funnier than SuperTroopers. Office Space stands alone as funny, whereas with SuperTroopers, you have to be high and with a group of friends. I'm just messin with you guys. Office Space rocks - I've seen it like 6 times. Pathology is where it's at. Pre-dental/Dental forum is ooooold news.
it's all good. this thread provided a good laugh. it got banana all moody and pissy which is always fun to see

Okay, man. It's cool. Now you know that there are only two things we take seriously around here: poo and Office Space. 😉delicious said:Are you serious?!!![]()
ok, ok, i admit Office Space is funnier than SuperTroopers. Office Space stands alone as funny, whereas with SuperTroopers, you have to be high and with a group of friends. I'm just messin with you guys. Office Space rocks - I've seen it like 6 times. Pathology is where it's at. Pre-dental/Dental forum is ooooold news.
Hey there kettle! What's cookin? 😛AndyMilonakis said:it's all good. this thread provided a good laugh. it got banana all moody and pissy which is always fun to see![]()
B
b&ierstiefel
Chili. Made a big vat of it too. I have enough to eat for the next week...and I'm not gonna **** right for a month.bananaface said:Hey there kettle! What's cookin? 😛
How's your head?
"My head is just fine", said pot.AndyMilonakis said:Chili. Made a big vat of it too. I have enough to eat for the next week...and I'm not gonna **** right for a month.
How's your head?
I'd imagine that after you quit dental school and go to medical school for 4 years there might be a few. You can always just hang out with the pathology crew. They never turn down homeade Swedish meatballs.delicious said:Hey, can you suggest any schools that might MATCH me in pathology considering I've just completed 1 year of dental school. [it's a pretty good dental school though 👍 ]
bananaface said:I'd imagine that after you quit dental school and go to medical school for 4 years there might be a few.
😛 Well, it's probably for the best. I hated the histology component of our gross anatomy class. Damn stuff all looked the same to me!
That was my least favorite part, until my classmates and I started photographing the professor's introductory slide shows and then posting them online on our student forum. That was pretty sweet.delicious said:😛 Well, it's probably for the best. I hated the histology component of our gross anatomy class. Damn stuff all looked the same to me!
bananaface said:I'd imagine that after you quit dental school and go to medical school for 4 years there might be a few. You can always just hang out with the pathology crew. They never turn down homeade Swedish meatballs.
The occasional dentist will do some sort of fellowship and be an oral pathology expert. I interviewed with a DDS, Ph.D. at one place. I am not sure what is involved in getting a career track this way.
The most well known (but now deceased) pathologist/dentist was Dr McClatchey, late of U of M and then the chair at Loyola, also a CP expert. He was an MD, DDS (or DMD, not sure) however.
I have been bested by someone who knows what he's talking about! 😳yaah said:The occasional dentist will do some sort of fellowship and be an oral pathology expert. I interviewed with a DDS, Ph.D. at one place. I am not sure what is involved in getting a career track this way.
The most well known (but now deceased) pathologist/dentist was Dr McClatchey, late of U of M and then the chair at Loyola, also a CP expert. He was an MD, DDS (or DMD, not sure) however.
So, how does a pharmacist become a pathologist? I wanna be a CSI.
bananaface said:I have been bested by someone who knows what he's talking about! 😳
So, how does a pharmacist become a pathologist? I wanna be a CSI.![]()
Dunno - you could probably combine pharmacy and clinical chemistry/toxicology and be a pretty helpful CSI helping to analyze drugs or something. Go for it!
delicious said:😛 Well, it's probably for the best. I hated the histology component of our gross anatomy class. Damn stuff all looked the same to me!
Imagine what it must have looked like to me - I'm red:green colorblind! 😱
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Super Troopers used to be sold in a double DVD pack with Office Space for awhile. It was a good movie. But, Office Space is by far the better of the two.
I actually got the double pack, it was 14.99 at bestbuy a while ago. I was astounded at the price for two fine cinematic experiences. But i disagree, I feel super troopers is the better movie, but then again, i've probably smoked more weed than you 😀
B
b&ierstiefel
i enjoyed both movies although i would tend to favor office space over supertroopers. neither movies requires weed to enjoy 👍Pingu said:I actually got the double pack, it was 14.99 at bestbuy a while ago. I was astounded at the price for two fine cinematic experiences. But i disagree, I feel super troopers is the better movie, but then again, i've probably smoked more weed than you 😀