Official 2006 Acceptance Thread: Post Comments Here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPdent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Let's start an acceptance thread. Has anyone already been accepted? I know Howard already sent out acceptance letters.

Jen

Members don't see this ad.

As the active moderator of this forum I would like to invite all of you to post your acceptances here. I know from experience what it is like to go through the journey of applying to dental school, doing battle with AADSAS, and dashing from interview to interview and praying afterwards that I made the best impression possible on the adcom. As such I've set up an open bar in the back and, for those of you that don't drink, I have supplied plenty of soda and bottled water as well as Hors D’oeuvres. :D This is the place for you to celebrate, because each and every one of you has earned it! The rumors are true: some dental schools do send out acceptances a bit earlier than December 1st. So who will be the first to post?

JPdent said:
Hey guys,

Let's start an acceptance thread. Has anyone already been accepted? I know Howard already sent out acceptance letters.

Jen
THEY DID?! :eek: :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
PHP:
I know Howard already sent out acceptance letters.

Is your source a reliable one??? I don't think that this is true...

I believe the fact that Howard already sent out acceptance letter!!!!

When I went to UPenn for an interview, Ms. Corky Cacas (director of admissions) informed us that some schools do send out acceptance letters prior to Dec. 1st. (Basically, some schools cheat~!!!!!!!)
Also, a couple of students in SDN mentioned that they received their acceptance letter prior to Dec. 1st.

We all are anxious to find out the results and someone of us (including myself) can't take this insanity anymore. However, I still belive that schools should keep the AGREEMENT that they shouldn't notify to applicants prior to Dec. 1st. It's good to have happy X-mas prior to Dec. 1st for a very small number of you guys, but most of us will hear on Dec. 1st or the first week of December.

Honestly, I think that it's ashamed for schools to send out acceptance letters WAY BEFORE Dec. 1st to please their applicants because they are breaking AGREEMENT that has been made among other dental schools. The rule exists to keep it, not to break it.

This is my personal thought. I hope that I'm offending you guys TOO MUCH~!!! :thumbup:

VCU accidently updated AADSAS a week early. It was up for three hours, did any of you see it? Two of my friends know thier status...and they are lucky!

1992Corolla said:
VCU accidently updated AADSAS a week early. It was up for three hours, did any of you see it? Two of my friends know thier status...and they are lucky!

lol..how do you accidentally update the status on aadsas? it must have been intentional, since updating is an active action. anyway, i wish my schools did that =p

Someone will get a letter on Dec 1st saying "sorry, we accidentally accepted you." :D

tinman831 said:
i thought AADSAS was really slow in updating their website :confused:

they are slow
but i think in regards to updating the acceptance/rejection portion, the schools have direct access to change the info there.

it'd be a nuisance to send the info to aadsas, then have them update it.

if that is the case, then that's a really dumb system.

it's kinda like how we can update our information, and it will show up immediately on aadsas. i think the schools have access to certain portions of aadsas too.

They put it on their server before the break, so they could come back and send it to aadsas. Someone accidently refreshed the server and it sent it to AADSAS which schools can actively change anyday they want. They realized the mistake and re updated. My friend called and thats the story they gave him. They said they can't officially say anything, but they also said he got an early christmas present.

1992Corolla said:
They put it on their server before the break, so they could come back and send it to aadsas. Someone accidently refreshed the server and it sent it to AADSAS which schools can actively change anyday they want. They realized the mistake and re updated. My friend called and thats the story they gave him. They said they can't officially say anything, but they also said he got an early christmas present.

so you mean everyone would have been able to see their decisions if they happened to check during those 3 hours they were up?

tinman831 said:
i thought AADSAS was really slow in updating their website :confused:

Some parts are actually updated and maintained by the schools themselves - specifically those that pertain to the status of your application at an institution.

Members don't see this ad :)
To the Mods: Would it be all right if we have two threads, this one to discuss our feelings about acceptances, and then another similar to the 2006 Interviews thread? That way, we can have one which simply has a list of all the schools and a list of who got accepted to each one so that people can discuss decisions with similar "acceptees" and congratulate their friends. Then there will be this one to process our excitement about all of it :).

I just thought it might make things easier for those who want either the data side or the discussion side...let me know! :D

I'mFillingFine said:
To the Mods: Would it be all right if we have two threads, this one to discuss our feelings about acceptances, and then another similar to the 2006 Interviews thread? That way, we can have one which simply has a list of all the schools and a list of who got accepted to each one so that people can discuss decisions with similar "acceptees" and congratulate their friends. Then there will be this one to process our excitement about all of it :).

I just thought it might make things easier for those who want either the data side or the discussion side...let me know! :D

I think that we should have a third acceptance thread for dat_student :D

Audio said:
LOL! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Audio said:
great idea! :laugh: :laugh:

I motion for this thread to be closed.

We can only have one acceptance thread. the other one, separated by school is better. this one has clearly turned into a joke.

To the mods, lets close this one and use the next thread when dec. 1 hits.

thats what I mean. They check like nazis and happened to look at the right time.
I vote against closing the thread, how hard is it to press the back button and look for the right one?
unless you have 56K modem...suckas!

I'mFillingFine said:

Great Idea I'mFillingFine. Since you already opened the other thread, I agree that this one should be about congratulating ourselves and expressing our feelings.
To the others: why do you guys want to close this thread?

I got my BU acceptance over the Thanskgiving holiday last year. Maybe they are taking there time this year:) Don't worry guys and gals, December First is not that far away!

Audio said:

:laugh: :laugh:

or a rejection thread for dat_student. Many dental schools have an opportunity to reject me. The sad part is that I won't be at my permanent address to receive my rejection and/or acceptance letters/phone calls/etc.

dat_student said:

or a rejection thread for dat_student. Many dental schools have an opportunity to reject me. The sad part is that I won't be at my permanent address to receive my rejection and/or acceptance letters/phone calls/etc.

Yeah, well with stats like those in your signature, I'm sure you slept your way to the top :D

:) GOOD LUCK!!! To everyone and I hope you get into to your number one pick schools like I hope I do. :D :thumbup: :D :thumbup: :D :thumbup: :D :thumbup: :D

cowsgomoo said:
:) GOOD LUCK!!! To everyone and I hope you get into to your number one pick schools like I hope I do. :D :thumbup: :D :thumbup: :D :thumbup: :D :thumbup: :D

what's your number 1?

dat_student said:

Come on man, there's no need to lie to make friends. Just put down your real stats in a non-arrogant way and no one will be pissed at you. Try to eliminate phases like "and many more, and "I can't possibly go to all of them", from your interview list, and just list them all. No one gets mad at you for being successful. Remember honesty is the best policy in all situations, unless you get caught smuggling drugs out of Mexico, then you better lie like a dog, cause Mexican jails are no fun. :scared:

Only two days left...::GASP::
I will definitely be harrasing my parents today to see if anything is in the mail...

Audio said:

some students got 15+ interviews with informal acceptance, but they recieved no acceptance letter. why? because their ages were 50+ looooooooooooooooooooooool :laugh:

issa said:
some students got 15+ interviews with informal acceptance, but they recieved no acceptance letter. why? because their ages were 50+ looooooooooooooooooooooool :laugh:

:laugh: Wasn't he 53? You have a very good memory. That thing was posted ~5 months ago.

SDN is the matrix so who is the architect? Who's the oracle? Audio is neo (the one), Dat_student is smith, and i'm gay for doing this.

oldboy said:
SDN is the matrix so who is the architect? Who's the oracle? Audio is neo (the one), Dat_student is smith, and i'm gay for doing this.

you are the Oracle
Sprgrover, JavadiCavity, ItsGavinC are the architects

Attachments

• snap4.bmp
    87.9 KB · Views: 167
oldboy said:

yup, I remember that. good old days. Audio exploded me into Matrix II. :laugh:

This is now "Official 2006 Acceptance Thread" :laugh:

watch out. your powers may be the end of you.

oldboy said:
watch out. your powers may be the end of you.

ok, I'll be more careful in Matrix IV.

oldboy said:
YES YOU ARE GAY for bringing this up. Now ladies, take your talk elsewhere! this is supposed to be an acceptance thread not..., not.... I give up, I don't even know what to call it. :laugh:

duh? said:
YES YOU ARE GAY for bringing this up. Now ladies, take your talk elsewhere! this is supposed to be an acceptance thread not..., not.... I give up, I don't even know what to call it. :laugh:

lol :laugh: finally the voice of reason. duh, way to go. Don't you people have jobs or school?

dat_student said:
congrats!

j/k

I wanted to make this the acceptance thread, I apologize for decieving anyone :idea: :D

1992Corolla said:
j/k

I wanted to make this the acceptance thread, I apologize for decieving anyone :idea: :D

I've been accepted for a car insurance

Is anyone from canada waiting for a reply! It seems like there are no canadian applicants

I think " Audio " is a Canadian.
If not, I'm sorry~~!!! :eek:

cowsgomoo said:
:D :D Columbia at the moment. :D :D

Just out of curiosity, why Columbia? It is not the least expensive school on your list by far...what could possibly have been so attractive about the school that its worth the extra 100K over what you'll spend at your state school?

HermeytheElf said:
Just out of curiosity, why Columbia? It is not the least expensive school on your list by far...what could possibly have been so attractive about the school that its worth the extra 100K over what you'll spend at your state school?

I really liked the facility and also I would like to live in a big city like New York. Another thing I liked was how they structure courses and also the fact that you take classes with med students. I think this will give me a comprehensive education. Also specialization rate is higher then my state school. I know its going to cost a lot more but I know I will be able to pay back the loans. The financial aspect did not really come into my decision and so did not give it much thought. The only thing I know is that it’s going to be expensive no matter where I go. Just my opinion. :) :)

Hey cowsgomoo, so you're not coming to PENN?....::crosses fingers in hopes of acceptance::