Official 2006 Acceptance Thread: Post Comments Here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
dexadental said:
Hey cowsgomoo, so you're not coming to PENN?....::crosses fingers in hopes of acceptance::
Don't worry dude it's still up there on my list of school I want to go to. :D :D :D :D

Members don't see this ad.

BUMP

Apparently there is some confusion about what/where the official acceptance thread is - well, here it is. Many of you have probably already noted the 2005 acceptance thread (which was from last cycle) and its format: it's a rolling list and when someone gets accepted to a school he/she posts the name of the instituition if it is not already added as well as their SDN name. To add your name to the list it's best to simply hit the "Reply" button and then delete the HTML 'Quote' tags. Doing so saves you time and keeps the formating of the list (e.g. the bold letters and what nots). With that said, please don't set up other pointless threads dedicated to the same topic. Thanks!

Sorry! I didn't mean to cause trouble. I still don't know why the third person made a new one which was identical to mine....I worry that if that hadn't happened, we still might have kept it.

Sprgrover, I was a bit frustrated with the fact that we had already taken up 3 pages of this "official" thread and hadn't even received acceptances yet. I just thought a more efficient one would be a good companion to this, or we'd just have one enormous one.

(And last years' seemed to start with an acceptance, so there was less material to get through before the real stuff.)

I definitely enjoy a place to "process", but this seems like it'll be a bit murky to navigate. But you've been doing this for MUCH longer than I have, so I trust you word! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
* :mad: Now if we'll all just STOP posting in the acceptance thread before the acceptances arrive, the thread will not need to be 1000 pages long! :mad: * :laugh:

I made a fifth one which broke the camels back. HAHAHAHA I think I am a troll in the making.

First Official Acceptance!!!!

Temple University Class Of 2010!!!

:D

B0NKERS said:
First Official Acceptance!!!!

Temple University Class Of 2010!!!

:hungover:

Are you serious? If so, congratz!! How did they contact you?

1992Corolla said:
I have been accepted!

Congratulationssssssssssss 1992Corolla!!!

I remember talking to you when I had my Temple interview....so was it Temple you got into???

Crest said:
PHP:
I know Howard already sent out acceptance letters.

Is your source a reliable one??? I don't think that this is true...

Yes my source from Howard (not Harvard) is reliable. My friend got into Howard from this application cycle 2006

ME TOO...temple baby!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my first offer... Marquette..

Temple: Bonkers, asd, nrlee
Marquette: Okasha

JPdent said:
Congratulationssssssssssss 1992Corolla!!!

I remember talking to you when I had my Temple interview....so was it Temple you got into???

I posted that three days ago as a joke...I haven't heard yet!
LOL sorry!

I'm a hoping!

Temple: Bonkers, asd, nrlee, Peter North
Marquette: Okasha

:idea: i think it'd be helper if everyone starts putting their interview dates besides their names for those who are interested.

Temple: Bonkers, asd, nrlee, Peter North
Marquette: Okasha, deebog01, OnTheCusp

Temple: Bonkers, asd, nrlee, Peter North, beannaithe

I GOT INTO TEMPLE!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

YAY!!!! And I interviewed on 9.16. I know someone was wondering about that..

Good luck everyone. You'll all get one. :luck:

deebog01 said:
Marquette! I'm in!

Congrats on the acceptance!!!!! When did you interview and what are your stats if you dont mind.

Temple: Bonkers, asd, nrlee, Peter North, beannaithe, monstermouth

I interviewed on 11/4.

tiny2533 said:
Congrats on the acceptance!!!!! When did you interview and what are your stats if you dont mind.

What's up? I interviewed on Oct 26, DAT 20/18/22, GPA 3.5, Science 3.43. Good luck! Tomorrow's gonna be the day for you!

-Dan

deebog01 said:
What's up? I interviewed on Oct 26, DAT 20/18/22, GPA 3.5, Science 3.43. Good luck! Tomorrow's gonna be the day for you!

-Dan

Gosh I hope so. With my DAT scores I am starting to think I will be in the 2nd wave of acceptances. Lets hope thats not the case though. I would really like to attend marquette.

For those of you who have temple acceptances, are you on the east coast? And for those with marquette acceptances, when did you interview?
Thanks

donkeywhisperer said:
For those of you who have temple acceptances, are you on the east coast? And for those with marquette acceptances, when did you interview?
Thanks

yeah i live on Long Island

hey asd
i think i met you yesterday at the tufts dinner!
congratulations!!!!

General question here but im sure you guys can handle this. Once you receive an acceptance letter, how long do you have before you commit?

Im going to be hearing from schools much later since I just got my DAT in, but I was wondering how it all works because Id like to go to a school in the area my brother goes to undergrad next year and I was hoping that could be coordinated.

Temple: Bonkers, asd, nrlee, Peter North, beannaithe, Mich212

I interviewed september 16th.

Temple: Bonkers, asd, nrlee, Peter North, beannaithe, Mich212, themarvinh

i live on the west coast and i recieved it on 11/30!!

themarvinh said:
Temple: Bonkers, asd, nrlee, Peter North, beannaithe, Mich212, themarvinh

Congrads all! Marvin are you from Cali (and live close to philly) or live in Cali?

Can we start a new thread of just the official acceptances? Like seriously... even without the congratz replies? I think it would be much easier than to filter through this long thread... please? Someone who already has an acceptance can start it... and perhaps next to their usersn, the way they were contacted. Anyone else think it's a good idea?

I think it's a great idea.

LadyxJC said:
Can we start a new thread of just the official acceptances? Like seriously... even without the congratz replies? I think it would be much easier than to filter through this long thread... please? Someone who already has an acceptance can start it... and perhaps next to their usersn, the way they were contacted. Anyone else think it's a good idea?

That's exactly what I was trying to do!!!!!!!!! But someone copied my idea from a misunderstanding, and since there were 3 threads, the Mods removed both of them.

I had a thread of JUST the list of schools and people could put their names next to them, and this one for congrats.

Mods, if you don't mind, since this thread is larger than last year's, can we put it back up?

I'mFillingFine said:
That's exactly what I was trying to do!!!!!!!!! But someone copied my idea from a misunderstanding, and since there were 3 threads, the Mods removed both of them.

I had a thread of JUST the list of schools and people could put their names next to them, and this one for congrats.

Mods, if you don't mind, since this thread is larger than last year's, can we put it back up?

go for it!

I'mFillingFine said:
...Mods, if you don't mind, since this thread is larger than last year's, can we put it back up?

Go ahead. :) I just didn't like how everyone went bonkers with last time around, and yes, I understand the need for clarity.

seems as though marquette and temple let the cats out of the bag early.

Temple: Bonkers, asd, nrlee, Peter North, beannaithe, monstermouth, Mich212, themarvinh

For whoever asked, it's a $750 deposit due by Jan 4 to reserve a seat at Temple.

"Accept Applicant" :D :D :D Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!

what a long strange trip it has been. Thanks to everyone for being so congratulatory. Now everyone's acceptances will be coming in like the salmon of capistrano.

anyone updated by Tufts? They said they'd update AADSAS at midnight.

oldboy said:
what a long strange trip it has been. Thanks to everyone for being so congratulatory. Now everyone's acceptances will be coming in like the salmon of capistrano.
congrads! now I'm gonna sleep! SDN is soo addictive! congrads to all!