"Official" 2007 ROL Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know and even if you did have something to do with rankings the time has passed.

I was hoping that stating my #1 there would be some karmic effect on the outcome of the match. I am tired of crossing all my fingers, toes, arms, and legs.

:laugh: I understand. I went into full blown denial until the day before the match, not thinking about it at all. But then, since I knew I had matched, I became incredibly anxious about WHERE I had matched...

Thankfully, I got my number one! :D

Members don't see this ad.

still trying decide if I should post mine....I'm scared...

Members don't see this ad :)
I find myself hoping I get my #2...how messed up is that???? This process is way too long.

I find myself hoping I get my #2...how messed up is that???? This process is way too long.

While I've managed to be lucky enough to not have dreams about it, my girlfriend had a dream that I matched at my #2.

well here's mine. Dr Will's encouragement gave me some bravery....lol

1) Downstate/KCH
2) Emory
3) Georgetown
4) Jacobi
5) GW
6) Penn
7) Carolinas
8) Orlando
9) Pitt
10) St Lukes-Roosevelt
11) Lincoln

I've been thinking the same thing with my #3 due to the family factor being there. But I just think it's "buyer's regret" and it too shall pass once matchitis is cured next week.

Its next week? ;)

my "desired" match continues to change q4 hrs and has now undergone as many permutations as my match list did :thumbup:

My desired match list is this:

1) I desire to match
2) I desire not to scramble

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been thinking the same thing with my #3 due to the family factor being there. But I just think it's "buyer's regret" and it too shall pass once matchitis is cured next week.

me too......sometimes b/c of family how i would feel about #2

So I got an e-mail from "the match" people talking about how match week will go. They said we will get an e-mail on Monday at 12 noon about IF we matched. I think that's good so that we don't all crash the system by getting on at the same time. Also they said they release the WHERE we matched on Thursday at 1pm. I thought it was at 12 noon! What the heck?
That's a whole hour more of torture that I wasn't expecting!

My school hands out the letters at noon EST. So I have to call my classmates who aren't in the area for match day so they can find out 1 hour earlier!

Seems like most schools hand out the envelopes at noon, but the NRMP has always released it online at 1pm since they introduced this online way of doing the match.

I'm glad to see that this works both ways. I decided to try and stay close to home at a solid program with a fat board score, gpa, letters, etc, and have had alot of anxiety over opportunity cost of not fully cashing in my effort. Most people say you get what you put into residency though, so I think I made the right choice for personal reasons. It seems the match people could do us a great huge favor and relieve some anxiety and give us the results alot earlier, rather than have us hinge back and forth for 3 weeks worrying if we did the right thing, <snicker, snicker>.

So who at my school should I call at noon?

So I got an e-mail from "the match" people talking about how match week will go. They said we will get an e-mail on Monday at 12 noon about IF we matched. I think that's good so that we don't all crash the system by getting on at the same time. Also they said they release the WHERE we matched on Thursday at 1pm. I thought it was at 12 noon! What the heck?
That's a whole hour more of torture that I wasn't expecting!

i think it's always been this way. it's how they lure people to come to the match ceremony at my school. those envelopes come open an hour before results are posted online.

why is everyone so quiet all of a sudden. little pre-matchy jitters :scared:

gee sure wouldnt wanna "jinx" myself by postin my list. and since i changed it like 8 million times and informed everyone on the site every time it changed and why, its practically burned into my skull by now. :sleep:

You want to partake but you must give.

the program director from denver invited me to dinner at his house just yesterday, should be some good food

i'll let him know how interested you are!

Lil G$

Only a few more hours to go till BLACK MONDAY. I'm working all weekend and since tomorrow I'm doing the 4pm to 2am, I can just wake up and check my email. I just might have to take 50 of benadryl to get to sleep since that seems to be the problem these days.

Post your list Ms. Secretive :laugh:

Alright...here it is:

1.Highland
2.NYP
3.Brown
4.USC
5.Bellevue
6.MGH

The rest of the order I don't remember but hopefully that won't matter...
Harbor
UCLA-Olive View
Stanford
Jacobi
st lukes roosevelt
yale
downstate
mt sinai
bidmc
bmc

I just might have to take 50 of benadryl to get to sleep since that seems to be the problem these days.

Glad to know I am not alone taking a benzo qhs x a few days and for a few more...

Yeah really, as far as melatonin goes, the thrill is gone...

Would it be bad to mix ambien, benadryl, phenergan, beer and whiskey? Actually, I call that the scramble cocktail.

I can't believe I'm actually grateful for the daylight savings time changeover being pushed up. It's one less hour I have to gnaw nails.

Now that I know that I at least have a job somewhere:
1. UT-Houston: Love the city and the PD rocks!!!
2. Scott and White: Love the entire staff and residents. Wish it were in a different city.
3. NY Hosp Queens: Biggest surprise. The most enthusiastic staff ever. Away rotation in Vegas. Just incredible but I am kind of a Texas girl. But absolutely would not mind going here.
4. Thomas Jefferson: Like the residents and location. Just did not feel I got a good enough feel of the place.
5. Baton Rouge: Fun residents!
6. Metropolitan Hosp: Some residents seemed unhappy and weird they told the applicants so openly.
7. Shreeveoport:
8. Little Rock:

It was a mixture of location, "feel," program strength/resources, and other details in my lil chart. PM me if you need more details. I will try to get around to posting residency reviews soon.

1. Yale
2. Albert Einstein in Philadelphia
3. Maryland - Baltimore
4. UMDNJ Camden/Cooper
5. UMass
6. UMDNJ Newark
7. University of Connecticut
8. Christiana
9. NY Beth Israel

So who at my school should I call at noon?

You need to call the Administrative assistant for the Dean who handles 3rd & 4th years. But I would imagine he/she would be quite busy arranging the match party. Probably not a good time to call.
It's only one hour... good luck!:luck:

i've been away... might as well post this even though it is so close!

1. mayo (you like that FF?)
2. brown
3. umichigan
4. umass
5. wake
6. uva
7. utah
8. vanderbilt
9. maine
10. yale
11. uflorida - shands
11. penn state
12. york
13. ohio state

i didn't rank them in the order i liked them - i had other stuff to consider. but i'd still be ecstatic anywhere in the top 10.

i've been away... might as well post this even though it is so close!

1. mayo (you like that FF?)
2. brown
3. umichigan
4. umass
5. wake
6. uva
7. utah
8. vanderbilt
9. maine
10. yale
11. uflorida - shands
11. penn state
12. york
13. ohio state

i didn't rank them in the order i liked them - i had other stuff to consider. but i'd still be ecstatic anywhere in the top 10.

I liked it up until the part where you said that you didn't rank them in the order you liked them... :laugh:

- H

I liked it up until the part where you said that you didn't rank them in the order you liked them... :laugh:

- H
well, I loved Mayo. it's just far from my family that's all.

Since it no longer matters, here was my ROL
1. EVMS (this is where my fiancé is, and I loved the program)
2. VCU (loved program, close to fiancé)
3. AGH
4. G'town/Washington Hospital Center
5. Wake Forest
6. UMass
7. Duke
8. BMC
9. Christiana
10. ECU
11. EVMS IM Prelim year (yeah, it filled, bastards)

Better luck next year. :(

To those coming to Carolinas soon, PM me once you sober up and I'll certainly give out some info and help as I know you'll be chomping at the bit for more details about your next home :)

Best of luck tomorrow to everyone, I hope that you go to where your heart desires!:thumbup: :D

Same goes for anyone matching at Scott & White tomorrow. Drop me a note.

May your hepatocytes survive the damage y'all are likely to inflict on them over the next 24 hours. :)

Good luck everyone!

Take care,
Jef

I'll add another ditto here. Anyone coming to UAB can either PM me here or just e-mail me. Good luck tomorrow!

Same goes for the new Pitt folks. Good luck to everyone!!!!!!

:D
Good luck to everyone in the match tomorrow!
remember - it's all good!

Hell good luck! U of A baby!

I hope you all get your #1!