Official 2007 USMLE Step 1 Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meshuggener

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't have anything to report, but can you folks please start sharing your NBME/QBank, etc. etc. plus real deal scores so we can see the comparisons!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
NBME Form 2 (2 months out)- 238
NBME Form 4 (1 month out) - 217 :(
NBME Form 3 (2 days before) - 195 :confused:
UWorld - 71% (85% complete)
Free 150 questions - 92%

Actual - 243/99 :sleep:

NBME Form 2 (2 months out)- 238
NBME Form 4 (1 month out) - 217 :(
NBME Form 3 (2 days before) - 195 :confused:
UWorld - 71% (85% complete)
Free 150 questions - 92%

Actual - 243/99 :sleep:

Wow. That's a really odd drop only 2 days out. I bet you were freaking.
Anyways, really nice job :thumbup:

thank you....
I checked my score report and nutrition is what killed me. It was borderline to low with one x in the higher performance area. The rest were all much higher. Wish I had less nutrition on the exam. weird thing is on every nbme form my nutrition had an asterisk in higher performance area. ???

Damn so much for nbme 3 being predictive. It seems the free questions and nbme 2 were close to the real thing. Thats amazing u went from a 195 to a 243 on the real thing...congrats

kaplan: 73% overall
usmleworld: didn't have time to do this, but seems like it's better than kaplan
nbme 1: 234, 6 wks out
nbme 4: 245, 4 wks out
nbme 2: 232, 3 wks out
nbme 3: 253, 1.5 wks out
school administered practice test thing (6 wks out or so): 205
150 qs: 90%

actual score: 252/99

i was very happy with this score, and owe most of it to a small study group of my friends. the month before the exam, i essentially only used three sources: FA, BRS path, BRS phys. best of luck to all and thanks for all the advice on this forum - it's always helpful and appreciated.

OK so I always wished to see something below average here, but never seemed to find it, and although I was reluctant to do this, i think some will appreciate it, so here goes:

SAT: 1040
MCAT 1st time 24
2nd time 27
U world (average of two weeks before the exam: 58%) (one week: 64%)
NBME 1: before I picked up a book: 158
NBME 3: Two weeks before the exam 204

USMLE 1: 210

I was hoping to break 220... oh well- onward and forward.:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
MCAT: 33Q
Practice NBME (Paper): 185 (early March)
Actual study time: 4 wks
150 Qs: 216 (4 wks)
NBME 3: 209 (3 wks)
UW: 66%, 60% complete

Step 1 score: 251/99

Biggest laugh of the night: Pharm - very high performance (though not starred); I didn't study for this at all and answered questions on gut feelings and "hey, this drug sounds like that one from that TV ad!"

Thanks, Pharm companies, part of this 251 belongs to you. :laugh:

MCAT: 33Q
Practice NBME (Paper): 185 (early March)
Actual study time: 4 wks
150 Qs: 216 (4 wks)
NBME 3: 209 (3 wks)
UW: 66%, 60% complete

Step 1 score: 251/99

Biggest laugh of the night: Pharm - very high performance (though not starred); I didn't study for this at all and answered questions on gut feelings and "hey, this drug sounds like that one from that TV ad!"

Thanks, Pharm companies, part of this 251 belongs to you. :laugh:

hahahaha, f**k you!! i did 4 years of pharmacology before med school and it ended up being the worst, worst part of step 1 for me. funny how the chips fall. haha, nonetheless, congratulations on an excellent score, you must be thrilled!

Hey everyone. I haven't posted much, but have basically lived on this forum for the last three months. Will put my study strategy on experience thread later, but just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for all the great advice. I know that if I had taken KAPLAN or tried to put together my own plan I would have got nowhere near this score:
MCAT: 29
NBME 1: 232 ( >1 month out)
NBME 2: 228 (3 weeks out)
Free 150 (2 weeks out): 87%
Kaplan Q bank: 50% completed > 1 month out (66% avg)
USMLE World: 100% completed (70% avg) and 74% last 300 questions
5 Lunesta pills (1 each night for 5 nights before exam)
Step 1 score: 253/99!!!
Current location: en route to Borgata poker room

hello every1,
PRAISE THE LORD
first of all i would like to thank my Heavenly Father JESUS CHRIST for enabling me to take this exam last month
got my scores just few hrs bac online
201/82
this was my 2nd attempt. had flunked first time very badly and according to first aid survey had 0% chance of clearing the exam next time for repeat takers
had taken two nbmes' this time and had flunked both
decided to take the exam not on my strenghth but HIS STRENGTH.REMEMBERED ALL HIS previous miracles and wonders for me.
Gods' Grace and Power was with me which i could feel throughout my exam..
I could feel THE HOLY SPIRIT guiding me throughout my exam
i cant hide His love and wonders therefore declaring it to you all
books used brs path,physio,beh science,usmle road map pharma,kaplan pharma,kaplan physio,lange immuno(excellent),flash cards for pharma ,micro, an biochem(bits)
had purchased almost all books available at amazon
i think this was a mistake
another mistake was writing all uw,kaplanqbook an usmle rx notes which in the end i could never read and was quite frustating
my exam was path 85% statistics and beh science 5% each and rest subjects the rem
i found usmle rx to be quite helpful for my exam..
thanks to all sp jeebus and tsaus
gl for every1
open for any question
thanks an have a nice day
and 1 more word of advice
BE HONEST TO THYSELF AND TRUST THE LORD JESUS CHRIST
TC:)

PRAISE THE LORD
first of all i would like to thank my Heavenly Father JESUS CHRIST for enabling me to take this exam last month
201/82

I'm an avid blasphemer, and I got a 270. There goes your Jesus theory

hello every1,
PRAISE THE LORD
201/82
this was my 2nd attempt. had flunked first time very badly and according to first aid survey had 0% chance of clearing the exam next time for repeat takers
had taken two nbmes' this time and had flunked both
decided to take the exam not on my strenghth but HIS STRENGTH.REMEMBERED ALL HIS previous miracles and wonders for me.
Gods' Grace and Power was with me which i could feel throughout my exam..
I could feel THE HOLY SPIRIT guiding me throughout my exam
i cant hide His love and wonders therefore declaring it to you all
books used brs path,physio,beh science,usmle road map pharma,kaplan pharma,kaplan physio,lange immuno(excellent),flash cards for pharma ,micro, an biochem(bits)
had purchased almost all books available at amazon
i think this was a mistake
another mistake was writing all uw,kaplanqbook an usmle rx notes which in the end i could never read and was quite frustating
my exam was path 85% statistics and beh science 5% each and rest subjects the rem
i found usmle rx to be quite helpful for my exam..
thanks to all sp jeebus and tsaus
gl for every1
open for any question
thanks an have a nice day
and 1 more word of advice
BE HONEST TO THYSELF AND TRUST THE LORD JESUS CHRIST
TC:)

Glad you passed but jesus christ (no pun intended) was all that necessary :confused:

I'm an avid blasphemer, and I got a 270. There goes your Jesus theory

The poster clearly stated she/he was thanking Jesus for "enabling me", never did she/he say it was a theory applicable to everyone.

So this student wanted to emphatically thank Jesus

Why must anyone suffer over that?

go on to the next post if it bothers you...

Why must anyone suffer over that?

Who's suffering? I got laughs from MtMed.

[quote}go on to the next post if it bothers you...[/quote]

It doesn't bother me at all. I have no problem with people believing in fairy tales.

The poster clearly stated she/he was thanking Jesus for "enabling me"

I don't think that Jesus had any role in the OPs success whatsoever...not even "enabling." In fact, I dont' think that Jesus ever existed (for precisely the same reason that I don't think mythras, dionysis, or apollo ever existed).

Who's suffering? I got laughs from MtMed.

Why do you feel my message alluded you? I never quoted you in my reply

It doesn't bother me at all. I have no problem with people believing in fairy tales.

That is quite disrespectful, but hey, freedom of speech go at it, unless I find something in the TOS that I can have you reprimanded for. And now that we mention fairy tales, I am sure you believe a few, you probably believe you will be alive tomorrow morning - but until that moment comes that is a fairy tale.

I don't think that Jesus had any role in the OPs success whatsoever...not even "enabling." In fact, I dont' think that Jesus ever existed (for precisely the same reason that I don't think mythras, dionysis, or apollo ever existed).

Well, good for you, no need to shun the OP for her/him believing Jesus does exist.

Your apparent conflict between not believing in "it" and having to respond to "it" does cause some laughs all right...

well i believe that sdn is a free public support forum where any 1 cant post their exp without blasphemous/maligning remarks or offenses at some1s religion or creating any controversy..so i posted my exp..i never knew some osamas/taliban existed here also
anyways gl to all who are preparing for their exam
tc

well i believe that sdn is a free public support forum where any 1 cant post their exp without blasphemous/malingering remarks or offenses at some1s religion or creating any controversy..so i posted my exp..
i never knew some osamas /taliban etc existed here also

Uh oh, now you're just stirring up more trouble.

originally posted by Trooth.

"o/t........Which was scarey because I got a Q on my test that asked "which malignancy does this lesion predispose to?" And it was like a bald man's head with the worst actinic keratosis EVER - i wanted to pour ice water on the screen - the erethema and crusting was DISGUSTING!!!"

Man Trooth!
Ahhh!!!!! That's so funny! .........
hahaha!

what is going on here?

between smalley and naturalinstinct, this thread has turned into a confusing pseudoblasphemic orgy of double negatives, E-isms, and other random **** that i just can't understand.

for future reference, please just post:

Step 1 score
nbme scores where applicable, and dates relative to step 1
UW "
kaplan "
and any other relevant info i may have forgotten

what is going on here?

between smalley and naturalinstinct, this thread has turned into a confusing pseudoblasphemic orgy of double negatives, E-isms, and other random **** that i just can't understand.

for future reference, please just post:

Step 1 score
nbme scores where applicable, and dates relative to step 1
UW "
kaplan "
and any other relevant info i may have forgotten

You forgot to ask for every one's religious beliefs, special talisman taken to the exam, their brand of holy water, and special chant/psalm.
I'm wiccan.
Sorry MtMed, I'll stop now :D

That is quite disrespectful, but hey, freedom of speech go at it

If you were such a proponent of freedom of speech, you wouldn't criticize me for boldly voicing my opinion or implicitly threatening me with a terms of service violation.

I am sure you believe a few, you probably believe you will be alive tomorrow morning - but until that moment comes that is a fairy tale.

It may be the case that I believe in fairly tales, but I most certainly do not believe with 100% confidence that I will be alive tomorrow morning. That would be exceedingly foolish.

Well, good for you, no need to shun the OP for her/him believing Jesus does exist.

Who said anything about "shun." I am a tolerant person. I have no problem with the OP believing in fairy tales. It does not make him/her any less of a person.

If you were such a proponent of freedom of speech, you wouldn't criticize me for boldly voicing my opinion or implicitly threatening me with a terms of service violation.

There is a difference between freedom of speech and abuse of speech. What you are doing the TOS calls Harrassment and Flaming on the basis of "posting of taunts on a forum solely for the purpose of deriding that forum's topic and/or members".

You want to make fun of people's beliefs? fine, take it to the Dr.s Lounge, or the sociopolitical forum. Your making fun of this user's beliefs in a thread whose purpose is to speak of Step 1 experiences, clearly falls under that TOS violation.

BTW, criticizing you is making use of my freedom of speech, just like you were when you mocked the user for his religious beliefs. It just happens that you chose the wrong place to do it, and the TOS rightfully make provision to correct such acts.

Now you go on if you wish, but it won't be long before the Admins come in and guide you in the right direction.

:love:

So....thank goodness it's almost Wednesday. We should have a new round of Step 1 scores tomorrow, and this thread can get back on track!

Tomorrow will be 19 days after my exam.... Think there's any chance at all that mine will be released? I really hope so - I need the results to finally put this experience behind me!!

Tomorrow will be 19 days after my exam.... Think there's any chance at all that mine will be released? I really hope so - I need the results to finally put this experience behind me!!

A friend of mine took the beast on August 4th and got his scores back last week, so I'd say you have a good shot.

Lots of :luck:

1st amendment rights do not extend to SDN, SDN is not a governmental agency and has the right to censor things which violate the terms of service you agreed to when you created account. In case you were wondering what levels of freedom of speech do exist here.

That being said, I think everyone needs to dial down the sarcasm and religious commentary and keep your posts professional in this forum as you are conversing with your colleagues and peers. There is no need to be combative, taunt, or antagonize other users especially about their beliefs.

This is the only warning. Keep this thread on track, and personal attacks out of the thread.

Medhacker is correct, if you wish to discuss religion, then feel free to do so in the Formally named Everyone Forum.

A friend of mine took the beast on August 4th and got his scores back last week, so I'd say you have a good shot.

Lots of :luck:

oh no, i took it on august 9th. i didn't expect that i'd have my score this week . . . not at all . . . but from what you say there is a good shot . . .

:barf: :barf: :barf:

Go log in and check MtMed. I took mine Aug 10th and just got the email. Got a 245/99. Those NBME forms are crazy accurate.

Pretty happy now but have a stomach virus so I'm as happy as one can be laying in bed and running to the toilet.

Hello guys, I finally got my Step 1 scores today on 26th day after taking my test. I got a 247 (99). Stuck with First Aid and UsmleWorld as only sources no matter what people said. Listened to Goljan religiously. All the great work payed off. Thanks to SDN and all people who contribute here !!

Q: Is this score competitive for urology / orthopedics??

Hello guys, I finally got my Step 1 scores today on 26th day after taking my test. I got a 247 (99). Stuck with First Aid and UsmleWorld as only sources no matter what people said. Listened to Goljan religiously. All the great work payed off. Thanks to SDN and all people who contribute here !!

Q: Is this score competitive for urology / orthopedics??

it's definitely above the average for people that match into either. it doesn't make you look like a superstar, but you're smarter than the average (urology or ortho) bear. nice work.

wow, i'm finally posting on this thread . . . weird thats its all finally over

because people know me on here, i will not post my score. but i will say that i blew the mean away, and thats all that was important to me.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ON HERE FOR SUPPORT, ADVICE, AND EVERYTHING ELSE

SDN was my primary source, and if anyone is uneasy about this forum, be certain that people on here know what they are talking about . . . well, not everyone, but for the most part

thanks everyone. and congrats to all

For anyone curious:

A classmate of mine received a 275. Apparently his score report said that this is the highest score nationally. Thougt some folks might be interested in knowing this, and I was wondering if anyone knew of anything close/equal. I know UCLA did up there as well, but don't know of anyone else in this elite group.

Apparently his score report said that this is the highest score nationally.

Did you see it? It sounds a bit uncharacteristic of the USMLE people, who seem to like to keep things as opaque as possible. If true, it's a very interesting piece of info for them to provide and I'm sure the admissions office will use it as a selling point in the coming year.

My Step 2CS report, for instance, didn't even give me a breakdown because it is their policy not to report how you did in the subareas unless you failed. Basically it was one word: "PASS"

wow, i'm finally posting on this thread . . . weird thats its all finally over

because people know me on here, i will not post my score. but i will say that i blew the mean away, and thats all that was important to me.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ON HERE FOR SUPPORT, ADVICE, AND EVERYTHING ELSE

SDN was my primary source, and if anyone is uneasy about this forum, be certain that people on here know what they are talking about . . . well, not everyone, but for the most part

thanks everyone. and congrats to all
Ya big baby! Post your score! :D

Did you see it? It sounds a bit uncharacteristic of the USMLE people, who seem to like to keep things as opaque as possible. If true, it's a very interesting piece of info for them to provide and I'm sure the admissions office will use it as a selling point in the coming year.

My Step 2CS report, for instance, didn't even give me a breakdown because it is their policy not to report how you did in the subareas unless you failed. Basically it was one word: "PASS"

Didn't see it personally, but I know the guy got a 99th %ile in surgery, and counter-pimped residents by his own admission. Just was wondering how common it is for such a student to appear on earth from time to time.

Yes, it seems unlikely they would take the time to write such a message. Also what time period would they say? This year? Last 3 months? Anyhow, I won't believe it till I see a picture of it.