*** Official 2007 Waitlist Movement Thread ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i beat everyone with my 8 waitlists...yes 8 with 2 more pending interview outcomes...

Members don't see this ad.

I got off the UC Irvine waitlist today. I really wasn't expecting any movement till May 15!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got off the UC Irvine waitlist today. I really wasn't expecting any movement till May 15!

hurray! congrats! you've given a lot of people hope to hear something in the near future!!!

psshhhh....please. i'm on 10 waitlists. beat that.
really? wow, im so sorry about that dude, have you gotten in anywhere wit those 10 waitlists? hopefully it works out for us, 10, wow...for a while there, i thought i may have had the most in the country with 8, considerin my 2 pending, im really hoping mine doesnt become 10!

so i guess the big date is 5/15. does anyone know approx. number of people who got in off of waitlist for Drexel? I heard that school has one of the more robust waitlist movement.

so i guess the big date is 5/15.

I read on another thread that waitlist movement doesn't usually happen until around June 1. I'm not sure if that's true, but we should all probably keep that in mind so we don't start panicking if we don't get calls by May 16. :)

I read on another thread that waitlist movement doesn't usually happen until around June 1. I'm not sure if that's true, but we should all probably keep that in mind so we don't start panicking if we don't get calls by May 16. :)

I have heard the same thing. I am not looking forward to May...

So can you be rejected after being on a waitlist? If not, then will you just assume you were rejected later in August when its too late anyway? I guess that would save paper...

I think schools will usually notify you when you are rejected after being waitlisted, although some people said they never received a rejection letter. Maybe it varies by school?

So can you be rejected after being on a waitlist? If not, then will you just assume you were rejected later in August when its too late anyway? I guess that would save paper...

Yes...you can be rejected at any time after being waitlisted. also, some schools will send the rejection letters to selected or all waitlisted people after the orientation starts. they do this because it is possible that someone doesn't show up during orientation, then they need some people from the waitlist to fill the position.

There has been a trickling of movement that has already started. But you are right, the school won't have a lot of spots opening up until after May 15. It will then take some time for them to start deciding on who from the waitlist will fill those spots, and then more time for paperwork to be processed and calls and/or mailings to be made. Its gonna be an interesting ride.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its gonna be an interesting ride.

I second that. I suppose I should be grateful there haven't been too many boring moments in the last year or so. Ups and downs? For sure. But boring? Never.

i got some waitlist movement! got into an MD/PhD program off the waitlist. :)

wwoww congrats!! which one??

congrats on EVMS! that's one of my top schools...hopefully they'll pick me up too! :)

wow, waitlist movement rocks! congrats haemulon and LD!!! :D

haemulon and ld congrats guys!!!! seriously thas great news for us waiting still, just out of curiosity did you guys send any loi's or anything??? just wanna get a feel what its takin get off these damn waitlists. but anyways congrats!!!

haemulon and ld congrats guys!!!! seriously thas great news for us waiting still, just out of curiosity did you guys send any loi's or anything??? just wanna get a feel what its takin get off these damn waitlists. but anyways congrats!!!

Thanks everyone! :D Yes, I did send in some letters of update and a letter of interest. I did not send a letter of intent. I also called a couple times to check my position on the waitlist. Definitely stay in regular contact, just don't get psycho stalker about it. Good luck! :luck:

More waitlist movement!!!!!! just received an acceptance letter from EVMS!!!! :hardy:

congrats H.! would have been so cool to be your classmate.

Congrats, Haemulon! Nicely done!

I'm starting a list. Add yourself if you are accepted off a waitlist!

Brown: KardiacKiehl (4/6)
EVMS: Haemulon (4/24)
UC Irvine: FujiApple (4/19)
USF: LifetimeDoc (4/24)

got off the UVM out of state waitlist
ZOMG

got off the UVM out of state waitlist
ZOMG

Also got off the UVM out of state waitlist

UVM: in4mant (4/25), soccergl31 (4/25)

UVMers, did you send letters of interest/intent?

UVMers, did you send letters of interest/intent?

No, since I had already gotten an acceptance at my hometown school I didn't actively pursue acceptances at any of my waitlisted schools...but now that I've gotten in I'm conflicted about which school to choose.

thanks guys and congrats! i guess they just don't like me...yet

Hey in4mant and soccergl31! When did you interview at UVM? I am on their out-of-state waitlist and waiting to hear something soon hopefully.

Hey in4mant and soccergl31! When did you interview at UVM? I am on their out-of-state waitlist and waiting to hear something soon hopefully.

I interviewed March 6th and was waitlisted on April 13th (hah, it was on Friday the 13th). Best of luck to you - hope you receive some good news very soon!

How sad, so quiet. Well, it's May, let's hope this thread gets moving soon.

Let's hear it for May! I haven't gotten off the waitlist yet, but they finally gave out rankings, and I'm 4 places ahead of what they stated was their usual cut-off in years passed! Here's to hope...

I got an email yesterday saying that I got off the waitlist!!! Miami here I come!:

I and one other got accepted to Wake on Monday.

Miami: nikorette (4/30)
Wake: FutureNeuroStud (4/30)

YES!!!! THIS is the resurgence of hope that was very much needed. CONGRATS!!!

Miami: nikorette (4/30)
USF: LifetimeDoc (4/24), Soccer885 (4/30)
Wake: FutureNeuroStud (4/30)

bump. Do not let this die. Rage rage against the dying of the light.