***Official 2008 Waitlist Movement Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow columbia has the biggest list so far.

Members don't see this ad.

danget ... columbia ... let me in!!! plz ... haha ...

crap ... i really hope columbia keeps moving

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah...I don't know if the columbia movement bodes ill or well for me, hehe. I'm hoping it means there will be lots of movement!

my biggest fear is seeing a lot of movement from my #1 on here and not being part of it....

NONO!!! ahh no i did not mean that i had been accepted to columbia off the waitlist (i did not even interview there) i meant to say 'AHH me too' in reference to dArroway's 'biggest fear' of seeing a lot of movement on their number 1 and not being a part of it...

sorry my post was ridiculously misleading...the only wL im trying to get off of is hopkins...

good luck to columbia folk specifically since they are seeing some action...and yea no congrats for me --at least not yet--but fingers are crossed =)

If you don't mind my asking, did the people that got off the columbia waitlist find out via email or via snail mail?

dr. frantz calls u when u get in off the columbia waitlist

Albany Medical College: swim2006 (WL: 12/18, A:2/22)
Columbia: jpps11 (WL: Early March A: 5/5) timcheng00 (WL: Early March A: 5/6), medstudent2012 (WL: Early March, A: Early May)
Georgetown: Volley1 (WL: 10/?, a: 1/?), Rydog7898 (WL: 3/?, A:4/?), DoctorDreamer (Off CAP, A: 5/1)
Penn State: swim2006 (WL:late Nov, A: 4/3)
University of Miami (Miami campus): Silkydelicious (WL: 2/22, A: 3/21)
UVM: Womialas (WL: 11/20, A: 2/21, IS), ladude626 (WL: 11/19, A: 11/27, OOS)
Wake Forest: IrishCol5 (A: 5/2)

Members don't see this ad :)
Columbia: jpps11 (WL: Early March A: 5/5) timcheng00 (WL: Early March A: 5/6), medstudent2012 (WL: Early March, A: Early May)
Georgetown: Volley1 (WL: 10/?, a: 1/?), Rydog7898 (WL: 3/?, A:4/?), DoctorDreamer (Off CAP, A: 5/1)
LSU-Shreveport ddbleek685 (WL: 3/17, A: 5/2)
Penn State: swim2006 (WL:late Nov, A: 4/3)
University of Miami (Miami campus): Silkydelicious (WL: 2/22, A: 3/21)

Oh goodness, the list is growing...

Congratulations DoctorDreamer and ddbleek685 :)

It's exciting to see that waitlist movement is picking up. Just wait until next week, everyone. It's going to be crazy and awesome :D

I have an animal phys final in 1.75 hours and I'm on SDN.

LOL

how did Georgetown let those of you accepted know? Mail? Phone call??

I just realized that May 15th is exactly 1 week away!

Haha...it's like a national holiday for us SDNers. Hope we all get nice presents!

I just realized that May 15th is exactly 1 week away!

Haha...it's like a national holiday for us SDNers. Hope we all get nice presents!

Me too. We've all been waiting for SO LONG... we all deserve some good news!

This Columbia waitlist stuff is really making me antsy. Good movement at the top of the heap probably means tons of movement at less-prestigious (whatever that means) schools. Come through for me one time, Arkansas! Go Razorbacks?

This Columbia waitlist stuff is really making me antsy. Good movement at the top of the heap probably means tons of movement at less-prestigious (whatever that means) schools. Come through for me one time, Arkansas! Go Razorbacks?
LOL. I know what you mean. It will feel weird saying Go [blank] about a school other than your undergrad... my undergrad school will always be "my school" no matter where I attend med school.

I have an animal phys final in 1.75 hours and I'm on SDN.

LOL

How was the final?

We just had senior sendoff... the only time beer is actually allowed (and supplied by the university) on campus.

Thought I'd join in on the waitlist frenzy as we are down to 1 week!

How was the final?

We just had senior sendoff... the only time beer is actually allowed (and supplied by the university) on campus.

Thought I'd join in on the waitlist frenzy as we are down to 1 week!
It was all right, I still have another one tomorrow... What is senior sendoff? An on campus party for seniors I'm guessing? Hope you had fun:)

It was all right, I still have another one tomorrow... What is senior sendoff? An on campus party for seniors I'm guessing? Hope you had fun:)

Yeah, sort of. On our quad, we have these Columns that are like the big landmark of our campus. As freshman, we all walk through the columns towards the campus symbolizing entering the university (Tiger Walk). As seniors, we walk back the other was symbolizing leaving the university (Reverse Tiger Walk). When we were freshmen, we got ice cream... today it was beer and food. It was fun to see everyone I haven't seen in awhile!

Here's a picture of the Columns...

Attachments

• Reverse Tiger Walk.jpg
    Reverse Tiger Walk.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 164
I, like many other SDNers am trying to study for my three finals but am constantly on this! It's good to see Columbia WL movement, I heard it happens early, I just hope I get a call in the near future. PLEAASSSSEEE! If not, can people post as soon as they hear about Weill, NYU or BU?? Those are my other three options for big city schools and I would be more than stoked to go to any of them....

good luck all, if you're done with undergrad party on. If youre stuck in some godforsaken library like me, push through and hopefully we'll here more great news. haha

Yeah, sort of. On our quad, we have these Columns that are like the big landmark of our campus. As freshman, we all walk through the columns towards the campus symbolizing entering the university (Tiger Walk). As seniors, we walk back the other was symbolizing leaving the university (Reverse Tiger Walk). When we were freshmen, we got ice cream... today it was beer and food. It was fun to see everyone I haven't seen in awhile!

Ooooo, Mizzou! I'm from St. Louis originally, so I've been there a lot. I go to Rutgers now, we have a very similar tradition: as freshman we walk through the gates of old Queens campus (oldest part of school, been around since 1766) going in the direction of Old Queens. Then throughout the four years, its considered bad luck to walk through the gates again, cause you might not graduate. Then on graduation day we walk out through the gates and recieve our diplomas....I hope i get off a waitlist by the time I walk through those gates in two weeks.

That is really neat (seriously!). Those columns look huge... do they just stand alone? what kind of beer did they serve?

I, like many other SDNers am trying to study for my three finals but am constantly on this! It's good to see Columbia WL movement, I heard it happens early, I just hope I get a call in the near future. PLEAASSSSEEE! If not, can people post as soon as they hear about Weill, NYU or BU?? Those are my other three options for big city schools and I would be more than stoked to go to any of them....

good luck all, if you're done with undergrad party on. If youre stuck in some godforsaken library like me, push through and hopefully we'll here more great news. haha
Good luck with those... we're almost done with undergrad!

I am SO READY to quit my job as a lab tech and go to medical school. I need the money to pay my rent (stupid lease ends at the end of June). Just a few more weeks...

Ooooo, Mizzou! I'm from St. Louis originally, so I've been there a lot. I go to Rutgers now, we have a very similar tradition: as freshman we walk through the gates of old Queens campus (oldest part of school, been around since 1766) going in the direction of Old Queens. Then throughout the four years, its considered bad luck to walk through the gates again, cause you might not graduate. Then on graduation day we walk out through the gates and recieve our diplomas....I hope i get off a waitlist by the time I walk through those gates in two weeks.

I'm from STL too! That's a cool tradition too... but if we weren't supposed to walk back through the Columns till we graduated, most of us wouldn't be graduating!

That is really neat (seriously!). Those columns look huge... do they just stand alone? what kind of beer did they serve?

Yep! On our campus when it was first made, we had a huge building that held most of the classrooms called Academic Hall. Those columns were on Academic Hall. There was a massive fire that ruined everything but those columns. So now those columns (and yeah, they are absolutely huge) stand on our Quad.

haha the beer... they had like 15 kegs of I dunno what, but of course it ran out. Then they had bottles of Bud Light and Mich Ultra. I'm not a fan of beer whatsoever, but I had to at least take 1 drink on the university.

congrats for those graduating! 6 days left, that list better explode by this time next week!!

LSU-Shreveport: ddbleek685 (WL: 3/17, A: 5/2)
Penn State: swim2006 (WL:late Nov, A: 4/3), TheDundies (WL: 12/17, A: 5/8)
University of Miami (Miami campus): [/B]Silkydelicious (WL: 2/22, A: 3/21)

Last final EVER (at least undergrad) at 2 pm (est). Good luck to me.

LOL

Last final EVER (at least undergrad) at 2 pm (est). Good luck to me.

LOL

I'm so jealous!!! Virtually all of my friends are already done and just hanging out and carousing all day. Meanwhile, I'm inside studying for my biochem final that isn't until Tuesday. If I have to turn down one more invitation to "drinks to celebrate being done with college zomg!" I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown.

Here's to sacrifice in the name of science :D.

ummmm ... plz dont complain that you end late ...

i still have 2 MIDTERMS next week

i have FOUR weeks before FINALS

my graduation is june 16th!!!!!!!!!!

arg
arg
arg
arg

arg
arg
arg
arg

My lord... where the heck do you go to school and why are they so cruel???

My last/only final is next Tuesday.

arg
arg
arg
arg

I'm an idiot when it comes to west coast schools but is this a UC trimester thing? I really do feel for you! I have been feeling the suck all this week.:luck::luck:

I'm so jealous!!! Virtually all of my friends are already done and just hanging out and carousing all day. Meanwhile, I'm inside studying for my biochem final that isn't until Tuesday. If I have to turn down one more invitation to "drinks to celebrate being done with college zomg!" I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown.

Here's to sacrifice in the name of science :D.
get outta here with that LOL, j/k. at least you have upenn graduation to look foward to, they are the best!

Congrats to us people in the class of 2008 who have or about to graduate. Yea, I agree with the consensus here that these last few days before May 15th are the longest. Then again, we should also been realists and know that an acceptance will not be just on the May 15th but afterwards as well. Stay in there guys and let's hope for the best; we may just be lucky.:luck:

It is Friday night, the one before the 15th... what are we doing SDN?