*** Official 2013-2014 Rejection Thread!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LMBLBM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's cry together

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Bit early for a rejection thread, eh?

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess we can get the support community going. It is a rough process, at least we have a place to vent! :oops:

Hopefully I don't post in this thread more than once...

I read in the Northwestern thread that someone got a "we're no longer considering your file" after he emailed them about not receiving a secondary yet :scared:

Got put on the "interview waitlist" for UC Davis aka rejection. They sent it at 1am to make sure it's the first thing that I see in the morning. :rolleyes:

Got put on the "interview waitlist" for UC Davis aka rejection. They sent it at 1am to make sure it's the first thing that I see in the morning. :rolleyes:

Your MDApps is awesome as well. I am rapidly losing hope...

Tulane's been rejecting people left and right
you should check out the schoold thread
pretty much anyone 31 and under is getting cut

All we need is one acceptance. As long as we're not rejected everywhere, there's still hope :)

Tulane's been rejecting people left and right
you should check out the schoold thread
pretty much anyone 31 and under is getting cut

I thought you were referring to age until I visited the thread :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user

UC Davis waitlisted me too. Many people go to great schools even with a Davis waitlist.

I read in the Northwestern thread that someone got a "we're no longer considering your file" after he emailed them about not receiving a secondary yet :scared:

Protip: The fastest way to sink your application is ask the admissions department why they're taking so long on your application. The only exception is if they explicitly tell you to inquire about your status if you haven't heard back from them after a certain period of time.

Members don't see this ad :)
UC Davis waitlisted me too. Many people go to great schools even with a Davis waitlist.

Yeah, it doesn't even have anything that fits me other than the fact that it's in CA. Not surprised or worried, just slightly disappointed.

Yeah I got rejected from Indiana on July 31 :-/
Man this makes me nervous...Indiana is my one hope.

I feel like my confidence comes and goes in major waves. It never gets too high but it gets super super low at times. Its gonna be a lonnnng semester

Man this makes me nervous...Indiana is my one hope.

I feel like my confidence comes and goes in major waves. It never gets too high but it gets super super low at times. Its gonna be a lonnnng semester

Grumpy-Cat-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D1%82%D1%8D-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0-356585.jpeg

Rejected by Cornell MSTP today. :( Then again...it was Cornell.

Rejected from University of Washington last week or so. Not surprised at all. But that's only one! I won't be defeated yet!

I feel like I'm going to post in this thread very frequently -_-
I already got rejected from a couple places, and I know that it is really early in the cycle but to be honest I'm getting worried. I might look like I'm obnoxious but I feel like you guys would understand me hehe

No rejections yet, just seemingly indefinite hold or "awaiting verification."

I'm hoping acceptances flying out at the end of this thread. :thumbup:

1 rejection so far.

Protip #2: Dont apply to Tulane unless you have 32+

CWRU rejection to start off my morning yesterday :)

University of Utah pre-secondary

They sent me an email with their cutoffs; didn't meet one of the MCAT subscores

I hold a little grudge against UChicago for how fast they rejected me. 48 hour turnaround. It felt like they didn't even read my app, though it was a reach anyway.

1 rejection so far.

Protip #2: Dont apply to Tulane unless you have 32+
Agree. 31 MCAT 3.7 science. Graduated from Tulane and rejected pre interview. (Have acceptance to DO school I like so less stress now).

A couple of rejections here. Even with no interviews yet, I'm still holding out hope for every school that hasn't yet made it explicitly clear they don't want me!

I am feeling some silent rejections from USC, Rochester, and Einstein. They were my reaches I guess. I wish they would just reject me.

I was complete mid August at most schools. Should I send update letters if I have published, started a new job, and picked up a volunteering gig since I submitted AMCAS?

Rejected at Mayo (submit 8/1) and Duke (submit 8/13). 32 MCAT 3.75 sGPA 3.7 cGPA. Non-traditional applicant. Hold at GW.

Rejected from UCI, I didn't really fit there too well anyway. But I was still offended that it only took 1 day after submitting. I feel like they didn't even really look at it....

rejected from indiana today
oh well im OOS so no big surprise

rejected from VCU like 2 weeks ago

Oakland, Tulane, and Boston as of this morning! At least bostons email was nice enough that I couldn't help but think "it's okay boston, don't beat yourself up about it, I know my stats aren't great"