*** Official 2013-2014 Rejection Thread!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still under review from every school I've submitted secondaries to. Rejected by U Chicago ~2 weeks of submitting my secondary (but nobody was surprised when it happened).

Hoping that I'll post fewer than 5 times here. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Damn I almost wish I applied earlier so I could find if a school rejected me more quickly rather than waiting for my app to sit in a pile 3 weeks before (hoping that doesn't happen at all though)

Rejected at Boston! (Complete 7/18 stats on MDapps)

Honestly, I am relieved. I knew it was coming. Now, I am hoping for some more news either way before the weekend.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected by Boston today, 3.75 GPA/37 MCAT. I have IIs at other schools, a mix of public IS, public OOS and private, and am trying to convince myself that my app doesn't suck :(

FWIW, I know someone who was accepted to a top 20 who said he got multiple, inexplicable rejections from schools that were not top-tier.

I don't know why I'm still upset about the U Chicago rejection. It was a reach for me but it makes me sad that it came so soon :( I don't even have any interviews yet!

yay I can finally join this thread.

:annoyed:

BU this morning. That's number 2

Members don't see this ad :)
UWash gave me the old spicy keys for MD alone but I've still got MSTP to wait on.

Rejected at Oakland as well. +1

Mayo, a couple weeks ago. Damn it burns, especially since I haven't heard ANYTHING from my other schools.

Meharry and quinnipiac a few weeks ago. Currently adopting the "if it wasn't one of my top choices, I won't care as much" method. Meh..

U of Chicago a few hours ago...was completed about a week ago..

This entire thread is almost exclusively a Boston/Chicago/Mayo party :laugh:

Meharry and quinnipiac a few weeks ago. Currently adopting the "if it wasn't one of my top choices, I won't care as much" method. Meh..

Haha I'm trying to do the same. Sadly, my top choices seem to be the ones who are first to give the boot... would you mind sharing if Quinnipiac was pre or post secondary?

Haha I'm trying to do the same. Sadly, my top choices seem to be the ones who are first to give the boot... would you mind sharing if Quinnipiac was pre or post secondary?

Pre secondary. I guess it's better than being strung along for months..

Just for the sake of adding some more diversity, also rejected from USC :laugh:

so far ive been rejected from:

indiana
tulane
wisconsin

3 down, 16 to go

Is anyone else so annoyed because they are on hold everywhere!!!!!! Haven't got interviews or rejections...this is killing me!

Rejected by USC Keck.
Hold on George Washington University.
Dead silence from the remaining 20 schools

I have now officially received the Mayo/Chicago/Boston rejection trifecta.

3.9/29/ORM

1 MD & 1 DO reject.
1 MD pre-interview hold.

So far: Rejected from UC Irvine, UCSF, and UMinn TC. 1 hold at Arizona. At least I've gotten some II to balance them out.

Unfortunately, am in the Mayo rejection party as of 2 days ago. :(

Unfortunately, am in the Mayo rejection party as of 2 days ago. :(

tumblr_lgxpiaKYy91qa556so1_500.png

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected by Boston today, 3.75 GPA/37 MCAT. I have IIs at other schools, a mix of public IS, public OOS and private, and am trying to convince myself that my app doesn't suck :(

FWIW, I know someone who was accepted to a top 20 who said he got multiple, inexplicable rejections from schools that were not top-tier.

Hahahahahhaaha typical BU screening due to their annual 11k apps. Your stats are way above average, so you almost definitely got screened out because they don't actually think you're very likely to attend if admitted. Don't worry bro! Georgetown/GWU are also notorious for doing this because they get like 10k apps every year but will only interview ~850.

A lot of the current medical students I talked to said they only had one or two acceptances at the end of their cycle. I think medical schools do a pretty good job of managing their yield and keeping their acceptance rates competitive.

It's just not like college where you have tons of acceptances to fluff your ego.

Hahahahahhaaha typical BU screening due to their annual 11k apps. Your stats are way above average, so you almost definitely got screened out because they don't actually think you're very likely to attend if admitted. Don't worry bro! Georgetown/GWU are also notorious for doing this because they get like 10k apps every year but will only interview ~850.

My sister goes to B.U. and if I don't at least get an interview it will bring much shame down upon me.

My sister goes to B.U. and if I don't at least get an interview it will bring much shame down upon me.

Doesn't mean they won't actively screen to only interview those who are most likely to attend, though. It's real thing that goes on out of necessity due to their extremely high volume, not a myth.

Rejected by EVMS. That's it so far. As long as I get in somewhere.... I'll be happy.

Rejected from Pitt and Case West
Hold by Drexel - basically a rejection