*** Official 2013-2014 Rejection Thread!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected from Minnesota. First rejection so I'm kinda bummed

-1 :(

First rejection for me as well.

Members don't see this ad.

rejected from Indiana, BU, Tulane, UCSF and Upstate (well hold, but that = rejection).

II at:
GW
Drexel
Wake Forest
Albany
Vermont
LOR request at Mayo

Waiting on ~30 others...
Balanced 31, 3.8+, complete 07/25-08/09 just about everywhere

Last edited:
It was a long shot, especially as a Canadian, but rejected by Pritzker. Still annoyed that it only took them 24h between being complete and getting the notice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected at BU. First rejection this cycle. I'm in good company though. :)

Oakland Rejection yesterday :(

2nd rejection of the cycle (Tulane and Oakland)

II MD: 4 (Including top choice!!)
II DO: 2

I really need II from less expensive schools!

I am feeling some silent rejections from USC, Rochester, and Einstein. They were my reaches I guess. I wish they would just reject me.

I was complete mid August at most schools. Should I send update letters if I have published, started a new job, and picked up a volunteering gig since I submitted AMCAS?

yes

Vandy today. Cornell yesterday. Mitigated by wisconsin II.

Rejections:
Indiana
BU
Tulane
UCSF
Upstate (Hold)
Cornell
Vandy

II at:
GW
Drexel
Wake Forest
Albany
Vermont
U Wisconsin
LOR request at Mayo

Waiting on ~25 others...

Members don't see this ad :)
UCSF a few minutes ago :( The other ones I could shrug off, but this was my one chance of being able to stay home for med school.

Rejected by Cornell (1st one)

:(

was my #1 choice

UCSF a few minutes ago :( The other ones I could shrug off, but this was my one chance of being able to stay home for med school.

Oh man. Im so sorry. Top 5 choice school rejects are hard to handle. Think about it as the universes way of saying you need to expand your horizons but moving away for medical school.

Vandy Friday for my first rejection. :(

Rejected at Mayo, Case/Lerner, UCSF, and UChicago all earlier this cycle. Part of me believes that most of my 12 silent schools are rejections since I've been complete since mid-July at most of them and have not heard a word.

I certainly am not in a position to complain though.

I was rejected from Tulane, Boston, and MCW so far. I at least attended one interview so far so I have something to cling on to, but I'm still so worried.

rejected from georgetown via status page
as far as i can tell they arent emailing the rejection, so if you applied to georgetown check your status

Georgetown as well. Oakland yesterday- hoping for a bit of a positive turn around in a couple days considering how the week started!

as far as i can tell they arent emailing the rejection, so if you applied to georgetown check your status

georgetown too T_T but honestly, im happy that they tell us rather than giving us silent rejections

Rejected from Virginia Commonwealth. And so the cycle begins...+pity+

Thanks for the heads up. Also rejected for GT

Its sad, but now that I have applied SDN is only really useful for rejections. It is useful when you can see that others who applied at the same time/later than you are rejected because that means that your still in the running. It is also useful when others who have been rejected let you know to check your status, so that you can see that you also are rejected... looking at you Georgetown!

Applying to medical school is like taking the MCAT. You only want to go through it once.

Rejected from:

UCSF
U. Wisconsin

I feel so cynical reading through all your posts and hoping you've all been rejected by my favorite schools... ;):rolleyes:

-Rejected by the usual suspects... I'll keep my MDapps updated as they come!

Rejections keep rolling in...(adding NYMC and GT)

Rejections:
Indiana
BU
Tulane
UCSF
Upstate (Hold)
Cornell
Vandy
NYMC
Georgetown

II at:
GW
Drexel
Wake Forest
Albany
Vermont
U Wisconsin
LOR request at Mayo

Waiting on ~25 others...

Also part of the Brown rejection wave.... :(

First rejection today: U of Arizona Tucson. Good thing I only need to get into ONE school! I'm one step closer to knowing which one it is!

Rejected by Brown yesterday as well. Saw the email as I was getting off my flight after a 9-hour travel day, so it didn't bother me too much. Too exhausted to care haha

First rejection today: U of Arizona Tucson. Good thing I only need to get into ONE school! I'm one step closer to knowing which one it is!

Was this an actual rejection or just the interview hold? Lots of people from last year ended up getting interviews later on after getting the interview hold

Was this an actual rejection or just the interview hold? Lots of people from last year ended up getting interviews later on after getting the interview hold

Really?! That gives me a bit of hope then. Email yesterday with pre-interview/post-secondary hold. I kinda figured it was pretty much a rejection. Would LOVE to interview here, but won't hold my breath ;)

Really?! That gives me a bit of hope then. Email yesterday with pre-interview/post-secondary hold. I kinda figured it was pretty much a rejection. Would LOVE to interview here, but won't hold my breath ;)

I got the same message back in August and was surprised to see an II a few weeks ago! I thought I was rejected a well.

It's an interview hold, which I assumed was tantamount to a rejection. This news of yours gives me some hope because I really like the sounds of U of Arizona. Here is what the email said that I received:

"Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Arizona College of Medicine. We are unable to extend an interview invitation to you at this time. However, your application remains under consideration and you may be invited for an interview at a later date. Any changes to your status will be communicated via email... Final notification will be sent no later than February 3, 2014."

Rejections keep rolling in...(adding NYMC and GT)

Rejections:
Indiana
BU
Tulane
UCSF
Upstate (Hold)
Cornell
Vandy
NYMC
Georgetown

II at:
GW
Drexel
Wake Forest
Albany
Vermont
U Wisconsin
LOR request at Mayo

Waiting on ~25 others...

Wow, so many schools. I could not imagine keeping tack of all of those.

Got the axed at

University of Pittsburgh on 9/25
University of California San Francisco on 10/7/12

76 Lizzy M score.

Good luck to everyone else at those places.

Wow, so many schools. I could not imagine keeping tack of all of those.
With all these rejections piling up, it's unfortunately getting much easier to keep track. Adding WMC (wisconsin) to the rejection pile (via snail mail).

got pre interview hold at drexel... and with the 10k+ applicants... well pretty much a rejection

Guess I get to join the official rejection party!

Pre-interview hold:
-- Drexel
-- Loyola Chicago - Stritch

Rejected at:
-- Medical College of Wisconsin

It's gonna be a looong cycle...