- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties
- Other Subspecialties
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official 2013-2014 Rheumatology fellowship application cycle
Started by gutonc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
How many programs is everyone applying too? I am thinking 20-30 but I am not sure if that isn't enough.
I applied to 50 something. Hope thats enough!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to 41, little too much but I did not want to risk
I wonder when we will hear about interviews. I ended up applying to 41 programs but I might add a few more. Is everyone from a University program? I wonder how competitive Rheumatology will be this year. I am the only one from my program applying.
Yea only a few of my applications have been downloaded like 20%. I don't think we should be hearing until next about interviews but you never know.
Yea only a few of my applications have been downloaded like 20%. I don't think we should be hearing until next about interviews but you never know.
hello all - seems like about 40-50% of programs I applied to have uploaded. Havent heard from anywhere but I guess its only day 3. I think last year ppl began hearing from programs by week 2.
It can take several days, with the computer running 24/7 to just download all the apps, nevermind reviewing them. Just relax...it will happen.
Why does it take so long to download applications? Do you know about the application process? I am curious on how they actually decide who to interview. We all basically have same statistics. I mean does a USMLE of 99 really demonstrate how someone will become a better rheumatologist than someone with a 90. What about LOR? Who isn't going to get a LOR that doesn't say something positive? I just feel there is much mystery going into the process.
Because they're huge and everybody's doing it at the same time.Why does it take so long to download applications?
There are as many ways to screen/review/invite applicants as there are people who do it. You've done what you can at this point, just relax.Do you know about the application process? I am curious on how they actually decide who to interview. We all basically have same statistics. I mean does a USMLE of 99 really demonstrate how someone will become a better rheumatologist than someone with a 90.
You'd be surprised how many lukewarm LORs I've read. And FTR, a lukewarm or good LOR is basically a bad LOR.What about LOR? Who isn't going to get a LOR that doesn't say something positive?
You've already done this at least once. There should be less mystery this time.I just feel there is much mystery going into the process.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a rheumatology programs rank list?
I haven't seen one and I am curious of the list. Does anyone know which programs want 4 LOR? Many do not specify. Thank you.
Does anyone know if these programs usually download applications late -- I submitted my app July 15 -- so far these programs have not retrieved my application.
Have not retrieved:
Northwestern
Univ of MD Medical Center
Univ of Alabama
Univ of Louisville
Wake Forest
UCLA
Stanford
UCSF
Also, if you are receiving interviews from programs ... please post here so we know if programs have started sending invitations for interview.
Have not retrieved:
Northwestern
Univ of MD Medical Center
Univ of Alabama
Univ of Louisville
Wake Forest
UCLA
Stanford
UCSF
Also, if you are receiving interviews from programs ... please post here so we know if programs have started sending invitations for interview.
anybody with interviews yet?
Ok I will start the ball rolling. Kindly copy and paste to updated list.
University of Nebraska 7/23
University of Nebraska 7/23
Obviously 🙂 I didn't look at the actual date...🙂I believe that is the date they got the interview invite.
I'm posting for my fiancé. She got an interview invitation from Drexel University👍
Good lucks to all
Good lucks to all
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm posting for my fiancé.
Is she not capable of using the internet?
Is she not capable of using the internet?
LOL...she knew I'm a big fan of SDN so I get to do the "dirty" work
Hi guys! Do you have a lot of Rheum research on your CV? I've always wanted to do nephrology (so glad I changed my mind!!!) and the only few things I have on my CV are nephro oriented... Any thoughts? I know rheum is not the most competitive fellowship ever, but looking at the top programs and their fellows' previous experience, it kind of made me think research is very important... Cause their fellows have tons of research experience, including basic research. Any thoughts?
Has anyone received interviews from the above schools after the initial post made... im wondering if these programs are going to be sending out more invites after the initial.
I didn't get anything from those... I believe some programs do second reviews of their applications and may call people to interview after the 1st invite is sent... I just don't know how often this happens...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't get anything from those... I believe some programs do second reviews of their applications and may call people to interview after the 1st invite is sent... I just don't know how often this happens...
I agree with the above. I did get interviews from the above several days after being posted in the forum.