- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties
- Cardiology
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official 2014-2015 Cardiology Fellowship Application Cycle
Started by gutonc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope! Neither have I and it does not happen to know anyone that has heard anythingdid anyone hear back from Albert Einstein Philly, Thomas Jefferson U or Drexel U?
Nope! Neither have I and it does not happen to know anyone that has heard anything
Received a Drexel invite on 9/9 and a Jefferson invite on 9/3
Hi all! Have you heard from Univ of Southern Cali? Any IV from them?
Is it just me, or is MyERAS super slow for everyone?
Nope. It is superslow!Is it just me, or is MyERAS super slow for everyone?
Did anyone hear from Lahey clinic in MA? Thanks,
Received an invite a few days ago (on 9/9).
Anyone hear back from UMKC/Mid-America Heart?
Has anyone received message from university if Virginia? Can't open it now but I'm guessing it's rejection.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received one from UVA as well. Fingers crossed!
How is this program Advocate Lutheran General Hospital?
It was pretty interesting to see what people think of the Texas Med Center programs. I can say most of this ranking between them is ridiculous. I know UT fellows that are really happy. I think most people in TMC have a lot of respect for everyone else .... everywhere has their strengths and pretty much everyone realizes that.
Realize the programs are COMPLETELY different. It's like trying to compare apples / oranges. My advice find what what fits best with your life / career.
I can say there are plenty of smart people at any of the TMC programs and more pathology than most places will ever see. You will leave any TMC program well trained.
INTERVIEW! You will know if you fit in and the program will help you accomplish your career goals.
There is a good thread with actual content comparing Texas cards programs I suggest people check out if they have questions.
Good luck all!
Just wanted to give my two cents. I recently interviewed at BCM. I really like the program. BCM now owns 35% of THI. BCM fellows do part of their rotation at St Luke's (THI's hospital). For me, having interviewed there, the only negative things are: they take a lot of internal applicants and two, Houston is hot! BCM is a great program and I will be happy to do my fellowship there.
Has anybody heard from Sanford South Dakota?
Just wanted to give my two cents. I recently interviewed at BCM. I really like the program. BCM now owns 35% of THI. BCM fellows do part of their rotation at St Luke's (THI's hospital). For me, having interviewed there, the only negative things are: they take a lot of internal applicants and two, Houston is hot! BCM is a great program and I will be happy to do my fellowship there.
Fellow at THI. BCM owns 0% of THI. They own 35% of St. Luke's and THI is a separate entity within St. Luke's. BCM fellows do not scrub with THI attendings. And I agree with methcards, the Texas Medical Center is an amazing place to train. Interview and see where you fit in the best.
Did anyone hear from Lahey clinic in MA? Thanks,
What dates did you receive from Lahey clinic?
Last edited:
anyone willing to switch an IV date for Henry Ford, mine is 10/27, I have a conflict, PM if you are able to, thanks
Rejections:
Uni of Louisville 10/18.
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts 10/17
Baylor / St Louis, Kettering 10/16
Same rejections here.
Any interview from now will likely be from cancellations
Is there anyway to increase our chances of being called ?
Should we email programs?
Or have pds or cards faculty make calls ?
Is it time to start calling ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same rejections here.
Any interview from now will likely be from cancellations
Is there anyway to increase our chances of being called ?
Should we email programs?
Or have pds or cards faculty make calls ?
Is it time to start calling ?
Got same rejections and invite from Kettering,OH. I did send some emails and this can't hurt. Neither calling your favorite places. GL
Rej Henry Ford, Kettering,
IV U of Nevada, Winthrop
Is University of Nevada interviewing only 10/3 and 10/10?
Anyone knows about St John Detroit program? Do they sponsor H1B visa?
Guys what are the most common interview questions in cardiology fellowship. Can you please share your experience.
why cardiology
why this program
what are your future plans
what questions do you have for us?
IVs: Danbury Hospital, St. Elizabeth Boston
St. Elizabeth said in their letter that they are not accredited because the IM program is on probation...thoughts?
Thanks for the correction. BCM own 35% of St Luke's and not THI.Fellow at THI. BCM owns 0% of THI. They own 35% of St. Luke's and THI is a separate entity within St. Luke's. BCM fellows do not scrub with THI attendings. And I agree with methcards, the Texas Medical Center is an amazing place to train. Interview and see where you fit in the best.
St John anyone?Anyone knows about St John Detroit program? Do they sponsor H1B visa?
Also, if someone will like to swap dates for St John, please PM me. I am interviewing there on 10/3.
Fellas, seems like situation in Houston is pretty confusing!Thanks for the correction. BCM own 35% of St Luke's and not THI.
Has anyone interviewed at Methodist this year though? They barely have 20 faculty members, although many of them are great at what they do. Overall as a program, how are they doing these years?
Clinical exposure- ?interventional ?LVADs/ECMO (I know no transplants) ?EP. Is imaging their biggest strength? I am guessing that fellows remain confined to the Methodist (unlike BCM, THI, etc)
Research- Clinical (anything other than multicenter trials?). I am guessing nada for basic science/ translational. Also, I know they have a residency program. Any students?
They said "on probation because of IM", have no idea how much it reflects them. Will see after IV.St. Elizabeth said in their letter that they are not accredited because the IM program is on probation...thoughts?
why cardiology
why this program
what are your future plans
what questions do you have for us?
Thank you. Any other thoughts.
They do sponsor H1BSt John anyone?
Also, if someone will like to swap dates for St John, please PM me. I am interviewing there on 10/3.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is Houston Methodist strictly J1 or have they made exceptions for h1 in past?
Thank you very much.Same number
Similar threads
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 10K
- Question
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 441
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 6K