Official 2014-2015 Rejection List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It is helpful to know the timeline. That is why I personally check this thread. Stats are meaningless when GPA is above 3.4 and MCAT is above 30.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Indiana University: Complete 7/10, Rejected pre-secondary 8/7, LizzyM>68 OOS
Mayo Medical School: Complete 7/10. Rejected 8/4 [66]
Oakland University (William Beaumont): Complete 7/4, Rejected 8/13
Oakland University (William Beaumont): Complete 6/28, Rejected 8/20 LizzyM >72 OOS
Rosalind Franklin: Complete early July, Rejected during week of 8/3-8/10
Tulane: Complete early July, Rejected during week of 8/3-8/10
Tulane: Complete 7/28, Rejected 8/19
University of Arizona - Phoenix: Complete 7/8, Rejected 8/20
University of California - Irvine: Complete (not given), Rejected in July (not given)
University of California - Riverside: AMCAS Verified 6/11, Rejected Pre-Secondary 7/15
University of Chicago Pritzker: Complete 7/11, Rejected 7/12
University of Missouri- Kansas City: Complete Early July, Rejected Mid July
University of New Mexico: Complete Early July, Rejected Mid July
University of Washington: AMCAS Verified 6/11, Rejected Pre-Secondary 8/12
Univ of Nebraska: Complete, 7/3. Rejected, 7/14. LizzyM>68 OOS
University of Wisconsin: Complete 7/17, Rejected 8/20
Virginia Commonwealth: Complete, 7/7. Rejected, 7/8.
West Virginia: Complete (not given), Rejected (not given)
Case Western: Complete 7/19, Rejected 8/20 LizzyM >72 OOS
USC: complete 7/30, rejected 8/19. complete 7/12, rejected 8/19 [66], complete 8/01, rejected 8/18 LizzyM>70 OOS

So far there is a grand total of 1 LizzyM score and 1 mention of an MCAT score in this whole thread. Privacy concerns are understandable, but people can at least provide a range (MCAT>x, GPA >Y) if they're really that concerned the Med School Gestapo is after them. Without some indication of how strong of an applicant the person getting rejected is, what's the point?

You can't read then...So far i've counted 4 just scrolling up a few posts...

Read the purpose set out by the OP, you don't like it...start your own thread. Quite frankly the dick measuring contest is a bit old.

Members don't see this ad :)
^^Perhaps I missed a few, if so that's my bad. With that said, knowing stats would be useful or at least interesting. To each his own I guess.

Reactions: 1 user
Indiana University: Complete 7/10, Rejected pre-secondary 8/7, LizzyM>68 OOS
Oakland University (William Beaumont): Complete 7/4, Rejected 8/13, Complete 6/28, Rejected 8/20 LizzyM >72 OOS, (C - 7/3 R - 7/16 LizzyM 70+ OOS)
University of California - Irvine: Complete (not given), Rejected in July (not given)
University of California - Riverside: AMCAS Verified 6/11, Rejected Pre-Secondary 7/15
USC: complete 7/30, rejected 8/19. complete 7/12, rejected 8/19 [66], complete 8/01, rejected 8/18 LizzyM>70 OOS

Indiana University: Complete 7/10, Rejected pre-secondary 8/7, LizzyM>68 OOS, Complete 6/28, Rejected pre-secondary 7/14, LizzyM 72-75
Oakland University (William Beaumont): Complete 7/4, Rejected 8/13, Complete 6/28, Rejected 8/20 LizzyM >72 OOS, (C - 7/3 R - 7/16 LizzyM 70+ OOS)
University of California - Riverside: AMCAS Verified 6/11, Rejected Pre-Secondary 7/15, LizzyM 72-75

Univ of Nebraska: Complete, 8/13. Rejected 8/22, California resident
University of Nevada: Complete 8/12, Rejected 8/20
It is gonna be tough at first, but I think I will get used to the bad news soon enough.

If you are seriously asking that question then you are not paying attention. The LizzyM's are in there. Gpa and mcat make a person clearly identifiable in many cases.

Just curious...why do people want to remain "anonymous" online? I mean, the fact that we have user names and are on the internet are "anonymous" enough. There are literally thousands of people with similar statistics. Are people afraid of being identified on SDN by adcoms? Or their fellow peers? Just curious! Thanks

Just curious...why do people want to remain "anonymous" online? I mean, the fact that we have user names and are on the internet are "anonymous" enough. There are literally thousands of people with similar statistics. Are people afraid of being identified on SDN by adcoms? Or their fellow peers? Just curious! Thanks

I too thought there were too many people to ever be identified until I was. I may have potentially ruined my chances at 2 schools due to venting my frustrations about the process. I use SDN for multiple reasons...namely to gain information, support, and vent frustrations. It is a great release for me to interact (albeit online) with others who are going through the process and who understand the same problems i am facing. The last thing i want is for adcoms, current medical students, and/or peers trolling these threads to judge my worthiness as a potential applicant bc on Month, day, year i was feeling saucy.

On a side note, stats are not enough to judge the potential worthiness/competitiveness of an applicant. There are so many factors that go into each persons chances of success and I know we all know that. Looking at 2 views or one (LizzyM) is not enough to judge competitiveness. The person with a 4.0 who didn't work in college is not more (or less) desirable than the person with a 3.5 who had a full time job while still being challenged academically. The MCAT is supposedly designed to even the playing field and yet students who are better educated to perform well on this test won't necessarily be a better doctor than those who didn't have the best education and performed average. Luckily, and my hope is (maybe naive thinking) is that medical school will better even the playing field. Basic curriculum is very similar across all medical schools from my understanding (though presented differently). We each need to attend schools that will best fit the way we learn which in the end will help us be better doctors. Being a great doctor should be the goal here not scoring the highest on an exam or having the highest gpa. I could go on forever on this topic but won't.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I too thought there were too many people to ever be identified until I was. I may have potentially ruined my chances at 2 schools due to venting my frustrations about the process. I use SDN for multiple reasons...namely to gain information, support, and vent frustrations. It is a great release for me to interact (albeit online) with others who are going through the process and who understand the same problems i am facing. The last thing i want is for adcoms, current medical students, and peers trolling these threads judging my worthiness as a potential applicant bc on Month, day, year i was feeling saucy.
How do you know you were identified?

A SDN user confronted me and correctly identified who i was based on what i had said and my stats. It was a scary moment for me.
Ah, gotcha. I thought you meant by an adcom. Still, and this doesn't surprise me in the slightest, it demonstrates how easy it is to deduce.

My solution for myself: try not to be a dick online, just in case it happens :p

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ah, gotcha. I thought you meant by an adcom. Still, and this doesn't surprise me in the slightest, it demonstrates how easy it is to deduce.

My solution for myself: try not to be a dick online, just in case it happens :p

He knows some of the adcoms. But yeah, i def try not to be a dick (don't really find it fun) but it's more the "why are they doing it this way it makes no sense" kind of moments where i vent about the absurdity.

Univ of Nebraska: Complete, 8/13. Rejected 8/22, California resident
University of Nevada: Complete 8/12, Rejected 8/20
It is gonna be tough at first, but I think I will get used to the bad news soon enough.
No one from California gets accepted to University of Nevada

A SDN user confronted me and correctly identified who i was based on what i had said and my stats. It was a scary moment for me.

Wow; terribly sorry you had to experience that. ): Hope they didn't threaten to report you to schools for venting about the absurdity of the application process, because they honestly have nothing to nothing to gain. All applicants – to some degree – are frustrated with the lack transparency in a majority of admissions processes, whether they vocalize this or not.

He knows some of the adcoms. But yeah, i def try not to be a dick (don't really find it fun) but it's more the "why are they doing it this way it makes no sense" kind of moments where i vent about the absurdity.

I think adcomms that try to gauge personalities from a board that fosters neuroticism are deluded. People are very different in real life and it's unfair to judge someone's anonymous complaints as their personality. Adcomms will say that this process is often a crapshoot with regard to different schools so saying that in regard to their institution is par for the course haha.

Regardless, I've screwed my chances for being anonymous on here unless I go back and start editing a lot of my WAMC-esque posts because I've talked about my job before and I'm probably the only person with my stats with that work experience.

So it goes.

I think being anonymous is important but I also ascribe to the 'dont be a dick' rule. (Or try to anyway. I'm definitely guilty of being hella snarky at times.)

Wow; terribly sorry you had to experience that. ): Hope they didn't threaten to report you to schools for venting about the absurdity of the application process, because they honestly have nothing to nothing to gain. All applicants – to some degree – are frustrated with the lack transparency in a majority of admissions processes, whether they vocalize this or not.

Oh..he wasn't a meanie by any means. But the fact that he could figure me out means that so could others and adcoms which is what really frightened me.

I think adcomms that try to gauge personalities from a board that fosters neuroticism are deluded. People are very different in real life and it's unfair to judge someone's anonymous complaints as their personality. Adcomms will say that this process is often a crapshoot with regard to different schools so saying that in regard to their institution is par for the course haha.

Regardless, I've screwed my chances for being anonymous on here unless I go back and start editing a lot of my WAMC-esque posts because I've talked about my job before and I'm probably the only person with my stats with that work experience.

So it goes.

I think being anonymous is important but I also ascribe to the 'dont be a dick' rule. (Or try to anyway. I'm definitely guilty of being hella snarky at times.)
Hopefully adcoms keep in mind that many people act differently in a professional setting than when they're talking to their buds.

So it goes.

I seriously hope they don't have the time to troll threads. :watching: There are apps to be read and evaluated!

I'm going to out myself right now:

I'm going to out myself right now:

I KNEW IT.

Just wanted to chime in (totally derailing thread) that some people affiliated with a school I currently have an II at looked at my LinkedIn. So yes, schools do sniff around the web – which is pretty easy in my case, with a very uncommon first/last name.

Back on track?

Quote the most recent list
Delete quotes
Add your rejection
Indiana University:
Complete 7/10, Rejected pre-secondary 8/7, LizzyM>68 OOS
Complete 6/28, Rejected pre-secondary 7/14, LizzyM 72-75
Mayo Medical School:
Complete 7/10. Rejected 8/4 LizzyM 66
Oakland University (William Beaumont):
Complete 7/4, Rejected 8/13,
Complete 6/28; Rejected 07/22
Complete 6/28, Rejected 8/20 LizzyM >72 OOS
Complete 7/3 R - 7/16 LizzyM 70+ OOS
Rosalind Franklin:
Complete early July, Rejected during week of 8/3-8/10
Tulane:
Complete 7/28, Rejected 8/19
University of Arizona - Phoenix:
Complete 7/8, Rejected 8/20
University of California - Irvine:
Complete (not given), Rejected in July (not given)
University of California - Riverside:
AMCAS Verified 6/11, Rejected Pre-Secondary 7/15, LizzyM 72-75
University of Chicago Pritzker:
Complete 7/11, Rejected 7/12
University of Missouri- Kansas City:
Complete Early July, Rejected Mid July
University of New Mexico:
University of Washington:
AMCAS Verified 6/11, Rejected Pre-Secondary 8/12
Univ of Nebraska:
Complete, 7/3. Rejected, 7/14. LizzyM>68 OOS
Complete, 8/13. Rejected 8/22, California resident
University of Wisconsin:
Complete 7/17, Rejected 8/20 LizzyM 65+ OOS
Virginia Commonwealth:
Complete, 7/7. Rejected, 7/8.
West Virginia:
Complete (not given), Rejected (not given)
Case Western:
Complete 7/19, Rejected 8/20 LizzyM >72 OOS
USC:
Complete 7/30, rejected 8/19.
Complete 7/12, rejected 8/19 [66]
Complete 8/01, rejected 8/18 LizzyM>70 OOS
University of Nevada:
Complete 8/12, Rejected 8/20

Reactions: 3 users
I'll chime in: (Also I alphabetized, because I was procrastinating).

Delete quotes and clear previous bolded rejections
Add your rejection (in bold, so frequent thread visitors can see the changes)
Case Western:
Indiana University:
Mayo Medical School:
Complete ? Rejected 7/28 Pre-LOR Request, LizzyM ~ 80
Rosalind Franklin:
Tulane:
Complete 7/14, Rejected 7/21, LizzyM ~80
Univ of Nebraska:
University of Nevada:
University of Wisconsin:
USC:
Virginia Commonwealth:
West Virginia:

Case Western:
Indiana University:
Complete 7/11, Rejected pre-secondary 8/12, LizzM 63-68 OOS
Mayo Medical School:
Complete N/A, Rejected 7/28 Pre-LOR Request, LizzyM ~ 80
Rosalind Franklin:
Tulane:
Univ of Nebraska:
University of Nevada:
University of Wisconsin:
USC:
Virginia Commonwealth:
West Virginia:

Can't tell if no communication (even though completed early) is a good thing or bad thing :thinking:

Can't tell if no communication (even though completed early) is a good thing or bad thing :thinking:
Some schools wait until the term starts before sending out II. So the verdict is that it is ambiguous.

I'll join. 4.0 overall GPA, MCAT of 29. URM, English major. Lots of EC hours in programs with ethical/social component. 300+ shadowing hours. Florida.

I've applied to 20+ schools. Was pre-rejected from Mayo and UNC.

Was picked for first interview round at my top florida choice, which I already attended. II at Penn State and Albany.

Last edited:
I KNEW IT.

Just wanted to chime in (totally derailing thread) that some people affiliated with a school I currently have an II at looked at my LinkedIn. So yes, schools do sniff around the web – which is pretty easy in my case, with a very uncommon first/last name.

How do you know they looked at it? I always try to keep my profiles PG just in case employers or school committees want to take a look so I don't end up stabbing myself in the back but none have ever told me to my face if they have.

How do you know they looked at it? I always try to keep my profiles PG just in case employers or school committees want to take a look so I don't end up stabbing myself in the back but none have ever told me to my face if they have.

Depending on your settings, Linkedin has the option to show you who has recently viewed your profile. I had to make one for my employer because they wanted "more social media presence." :rolleyes: I'm also curious to see what a non-PG Linkedin profile would look like haha.

Don't think that option exists for social media profiles like FB or Twitter – either way, those profiles should be private to begin with, even if they are PG.

Last edited:
Case Western:
Complete 7/22, Rejected 8/26
Indiana University:
Mayo Medical School:
Rosalind Franklin:
Tulane:
Univ of Nebraska:
University of Nevada:
University of Wisconsin:
USC:
Virginia Commonwealth:
Wayne State
Pre-secondary, Rejected 8/24
West Virginia:

just sitting over here with the crickets... no IIs and no rejections thus far... I'm with @ebasappa, can't decide if it's good or bad.

Case Western:
Indiana University:
Mayo Medical School:
Complete 7/11, Rejected 8/27, LizzyM ~70 OOS
Rosalind Franklin:
Tulane:
University of Arizona - Tuscon:
Complete 7/11, Rejected 8/25
Univ of Nebraska:
University of Nevada:
University of Wisconsin:
USC:
Virginia Commonwealth:
Wayne State
Pre-secondary, Rejected 8/24
West Virginia:

Case Western:
Indiana University:
Mayo Medical School:
Rosalind Franklin:
Tulane:
Univ of Nebraska:
University of Nevada:
University of Wisconsin:
USC:
Virginia Commonwealth:
Wayne State
Pre-secondary Rejection: 8/24, 8/26
West Virginia:

Rejected from Georgetown earlier today. Ouch. Ah well, can't win them all.

Case Western:
Georgetown:
Complete 7/16, Rejected 8/29 LizzyM ~75 OOS
Indiana University:
Mayo Medical School:
Rosalind Franklin:
Tulane:
Univ of Nebraska:
University of Nevada:
University of Wisconsin:
USC:
Virginia Commonwealth:
Wayne State
West Virginia:

Case Western:
Georgetown:
Complete 7/15, Rejected 8/29, LizzyM 73, OOS
Indiana University:
Mayo Medical School:
Rosalind Franklin:
Tulane:
Univ of Nebraska:
University of Nevada:
University of Wisconsin:
USC:
Virginia Commonwealth:
Wayne State
West Virginia:

Case Western:
Georgetown:
Indiana University:
Mayo Medical School:
Rosalind Franklin:
Tulane:
Complete 6/30, Rejected 8/29, LizzyM 73, OOS
Univ of Nebraska:
University of Nevada:
University of Wisconsin:
USC:
Virginia Commonwealth:
Wayne State
West Virginia:

Case Western:
Georgetown:
Indiana University:
Mayo Medical School:
Complete 7/11. Rejected 8/2. LizzyM ~71, OOS
Rosalind Franklin:
Tulane:
Complete 7/6. Rejected 7/29. LizzyM ~71, OOS
Univ of Nebraska:
University of Nevada:
University of Wisconsin:
USC:
Virginia Commonwealth:
Wayne State
West Virginia:

Last edited:
Case Western:
Georgetown:
Indiana University:
Mayo Medical School:
Rosalind Franklin:
Tulane:
Univ of Nebraska:
University of Nevada:
University of Wisconsin:
USC:
Vanderbilt:
Application complete 7/10, no secondary yet = probable silent rejection. LizzyM ~71, OOS
Virginia Commonwealth:
Wayne State
West Virginia:

I wouldn't add silent rejections to this list. It's pure speculation, and some schools send out secondaries in batches throughout the year.

I wouldn't add silent rejections to this list. It's pure speculation, and some schools send out secondaries in batches throughout the year.

Fair enough, though I'm less than optimistic. Edited it out.

I said that I would add to this thread once I got a rejection, but @Ace Khalifa beat me to post! Georgetown here, same completion date, rejection date, and approximate LizzyM (I'm between 72 and 73). So I won't add my duplicate info to the list :)

Case Western:
Georgetown:
Indiana University:
Mayo Medical School:
Rosalind Franklin:
Tulane:
Complete 8/22. Rejected 8/28. LizzyM >75 OOS
Univ of Nebraska:
University of Nevada:
University of Wisconsin:
USC:
Virginia Commonwealth:
Wayne State
West Virginia:

Case Western:
Cooper:
Complete 8/4, Rejected 9/2 LizzyM ~70 OOS
Georgetown:
Indiana University:
Mayo Medical School:
Rosalind Franklin:
Tulane:
Univ of Nebraska:
University of Nevada:
University of Wisconsin:
USC:
Virginia Commonwealth:
Wayne State
West Virginia:
Complete (not given), Rejected (not given)[/QUOTE]

Case Western:

Cooper:
Georgetown:
Complete 7/17, Rejected 8/29 LizzyM 72 OOS
Indiana University:
Mayo Medical School:
Rosalind Franklin:
Tulane:
Univ of Nebraska:
University of Nevada:
University of Wisconsin:
USC:
Virginia Commonwealth:
Wayne State
West Virginia:

Case Western:

Cooper:
Georgetown:
Complete 7/17, Rejected 8/29 LizzyM 72 OOS
Indiana University:
Mayo Medical School:
Rosalind Franklin:
Tulane:
Complete early July, Rejected 9/3, LizzyM ~70, OOS
Univ of Nebraska:
University of Nevada:
University of Wisconsin:
USC:
Virginia Commonwealth:
Wayne State
West Virginia: