You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Step II Official 2014 Comlex 2 CE Experiences and Scores Thread!
Started by ccc2009
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
unfortunately not for July 28-Aug 4 🙁 Arrgghh NBOME!!!THEY ARE UP!
I'm really glad about the 100 pt increases though!
98 point increase for me.... not sure what they changed or if we will ever know
Score jumped around 50 pts.
EDIT: Jumped UP I should clarify. 😉
EDIT: Jumped UP I should clarify. 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sorry, man. 🙁I went from 398 to 393.
I wonder, did people who barely passed lose points as well and subsequently fail?
So we just went from being beaten by early test takers to totally crushing them? No consistency...
98 point increase for me.... not sure what they changed or if we will ever know
Looks like the mean jumped to 540. And it looks like the standard deviation changed from 61 to 100.
540 is the mean now??!! That is crazy but I'll take it. I have several programs that have a 500 cutoff so the increase in mean works in my favor. Now I just hope they can hurry up and process the next batch.Looks like the mean jumped to 540. And it looks like the standard deviation changed from 61 to 100.
Within the next week, as in this week? Or next week as in the week of the 8th?I just called. July 28th - Aug 4th cycle should be within the next week, no definite date though.
They were very vague. She said hopefully within the next few days or next week. So I guess we'll just have to be continually checking the website and worry for the next 1-2 wks.Within the next week, as in this week? Or next week as in the week of the 8th?
So, is anyone else feeling like WTF? Was this an impulse, knee-jerk response to the big outcry? I bet the avg has been rising (as it always does, including STEP1/2), so it makes sense for the mean to climb from previous years. But what I don't understand is why there was an SD change from 81->62->100 over the span of one month. What is going on? There will be fewer complaints now I guess.
EDIT: Sorry. Should have just waited for the email. It basically looks like we are mimicking the NBME with a set pass score and naturally changing/increasing mean. It just took a lot of unnecessary confusion to get here.
EDIT: Sorry. Should have just waited for the email. It basically looks like we are mimicking the NBME with a set pass score and naturally changing/increasing mean. It just took a lot of unnecessary confusion to get here.
Last edited:
My score went down also. I do not understand, how the SD went up from the previous changes. It seems like if you had borderline the scores they went down further. It seems inconsistent and still vague. doesn't seem like it helped everyone.
I dont think you understand how SD works. It's not a number made up by the NBOME.So, is anyone else feeling like WTF? Was this an impulse, knee-jerk response to the big outcry? I bet the avg has been rising (as it always does, including STEP1/2), so it makes sense for the mean to climb from previous years. But what I don't understand is why there was an SD change from 81->62->100 over the span of one month. What is going on? There will be fewer complaints now I guess.
EDIT: Sorry. Should have just waited for the email. It basically looks like we are mimicking the NBME with a set pass score and naturally changing/increasing mean. It just took a lot of unnecessary confusion to get here.
If you scored below 440 the first time, your score went down.
If you scored above 440 the first time, your score went up.
If you scored above 440 the first time, your score went up.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, my bad. Should have thought that through.I dont think you understand how SD works. It's not a number made up by the NBOME.
If you scored below 440 the first time, your score went down.
If you scored above 440 the first time, your score went up.
People went up with an original score below 440--way below
Just curious, where are you getting this information from? I'm not sure it's totally true...If you scored below 440 the first time, your score went down.
If you scored above 440 the first time, your score went up.
Just curious, where are you getting this information from? I'm not sure it's totally true...
I was just trying to guestimate with some math. if you were at 440 last time you were about 1 SD below average. Now 1 SD below average is 440, but I guess i'm not taking into consideration some other factors...
Can you elaborate, ie who and by how much? I would have agreed w flyboyPeople went up with an original score below 440--way below
This is true. I don't know the specific numbers to which they improved, but I can definitely say at least some folks with 400 to 440 scores went up.People went up with an original score below 440--way below
Where are you getting this info from?If you scored below 440 the first time, your score went down.
If you scored above 440 the first time, your score went up.
He answered this question about 5 posts up. Doesn't appear to be true.Where are you getting this info from?
Ill toss my hat into the ring.
587-->686
Up 99 points.
587-->686
Up 99 points.
Ok so the FAQ does answer a few things...
It says people with scores close to 400 had less of an impact and scores further away from 400 (in either direction) had a larger impact.
That's why all the SDN gunners are increasing by 100+ points 🙂
It says people with scores close to 400 had less of an impact and scores further away from 400 (in either direction) had a larger impact.
That's why all the SDN gunners are increasing by 100+ points 🙂
Friend of mine just showed me his score..621 to 749. Another friend went 602 to 717
It sounds like they didn't change anyone from passing to fail...or from fail to passing. If you scored 400 or greater, your score went up...if you failed, you remain a failure and they actually drive the score down further. This effectively keeps the pass/fail rate unchanged; the score boost to those who passed pacifies the vociferous crowd in the top half...the failures can be as loud as the top half, but their voice falls on deaf ears.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Another just in: 633 to 756/99
I just called. July 28th - Aug 4th cycle should be within the next week, no definite date though.
Looks like they just updated the NBOME score release page. Our scores will be released by September 8.
i failed ...my score dropped 20 points....and for those who have failed, remember, just keep pushing and don't give up. and for those who had an increase in their scores like most of my classmates, great work, and be proud of yourselves. your hard work has paid off.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 246
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 822