Official 2015-2016 Cardiology Fellowship Application Cycle

Started by gutonc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any responses from Albert Einstein medical center in Philadelphia and University of Missouri in Columbia? Appreciate your updates.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm getting a rejection or two everyday now. Does that mean programs are reviewing applications or just sending out rejections to the ones they haven't sent invitation earlier.
 
So I'm getting a rejection or two everyday now. Does that mean programs are reviewing applications or just sending out rejections to the ones they haven't sent invitation earlier.

both.

I've gotten the "we are not sending any more invitations email" and an interview this week.
 
- Temple Reject 🙁

- Montefiore- Bronx Leb invite. Does anyone know what this program is like? What is the distribution of time spent at Montefiore vs. Bronx Leb?

- Any news from other NY programs such as SLR, Lenox Hill?
 
Well i know there isn't a specific answer to it. But how many Interviews an IMG requiring a Visa would need to be in a safe position to match.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys, when and how are we supposed to register with NRMP?

Before September 30th per the email I received from NRMP when I didn't finish the registration initially. That's the first date a program can look you up and formulate their rank list.

Dear Medical Specialties Matching Program Fellowship Applicant:

You began the registration process for the 2015 Medical Specialties Matching Program Fellowship Match for 2016 appointments, but you did NOT complete it.

If you did not intend to register for this Match, please reply to this message so that we may delete your record, and give you instructions for registering for the correct Match.

If you thought you had completed the registration process for the Medical Specialties Matching Program Fellowship Match, you may have skipped one of the steps or not paid the registration fee.

Please log in to the NRMP®'s Registration, Ranking, and Results® (R3®) system with your username and the password to complete the process and become active in the Match. You will automatically be taken to the appropriate place in the registration process.

IMPORTANT: You will NOT be able to submit a rank order list (ROL) until you complete your registration and your status has changed from INITIAL to ACTIVE.

The ranking function opens Wednesday, September 30, 2015 12:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time. We urge you to complete your registration by that date so that programs will be able to find you in the Applicant Search function and place you on their rank order list.

If you need assistance, please contact the NRMP Help Desk between 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM eastern time at 202-400-2233, toll-free at 1-866-653-NRMP (6767), or by email at [email protected].

Our best wishes for a successful Match!

NRMP Staff
National Resident Matching Program®
2121 K Street NW, Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20037
 
I have an interview at University of Oklahoma on 10th October and I am desperately looking to switch the dates with anybody. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested. It will be a huge favor. Thank you
 
Hello all anyone willing to exchange interview date at UAMS cardiology fellowship. I have two interviews on the same date that is 9/28/15. I want to exchange my UAMS interview for a later date. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Please mail me at [email protected] if possible. Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody have information of the St. Lukes @ Bronx Lebanon fellowship? They don't seem to have a website...

I also couldn't find a website for the Mt. Sinai St Luke's - Bronx-Lebanon fellowship program. I was able to find a website to the Bronx-Lebanon Hospital but not affiliated with Mt. Sinai and no information on CV fellowship program.
 
Hi all! I was wondering how mount sinai clinical track compared to mount sinai beth israel and mount sinai st-luke's-roosevelt? I could not find much on the websites. Any help will be welcome!
 
Hello all,

Does anybody know of 1- year heart failure programs that can be done PRIOR to cardiology fellowship?

Thanks in advance!
 
No body is going to give you that information, but why don't you check in North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Texas.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there any significance of a letter from a program few weeks after the interview? Or is that a general practice.
 
Does anyone have any thoughts on the UT Houston program? I have an IV coming up in a few weeks and wanted to get a feel for the program. Thanks
 
Hello all anyone willing to exchange interview date at UAMS cardiology fellowship. I have two interviews on the same date that is 9/28/15. I want to exchange my UAMS interview for a later date. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Please mail me at [email protected] if possible. Thanks


I just cancelled my interview there so email again and ask if they have a new spot.