*~*~*~* Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also wishing you well! But the "they hadn't looked at my updated AADSAS" is concerning to me. Is this common? Should I send an email (different school) to remind them my stats changed?
I have no idea how common it is. Two dental instructors looked at it at the beginning of Sept. and they put me on a waitlist for an interview. I think that was the last time anyone looked at it until I spoke with the really nice advisor, Michael. If you're concerned, you should just call them. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Also wishing you well! But the "they hadn't looked at my updated AADSAS" is concerning to me. Is this common? Should I send an email (different school) to remind them my stats changed?

I was waitlisted last week at UNE and they sent me something saying that I had not taken biochem, when I emailed them saying it was on my AADSAS update they said they had not looked at it yet so I would consider emailing schools about it!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call from corky around 11 am on 2/22! Acceptance #3 penn dental! For those reading now or in the future. All three of my acceptances came from JANUARY interviews. Hang in there!!

Reactions: 7 users
Got the call from corky around 11 am on 2/22! Acceptance #3 penn dental! For those reading now or in the future. All three of my acceptances came from JANUARY interviews. Hang in there!!

What day was your interview?

ACCEPTANCE #3 - Columbia !! :soexcited:

Notification date: 2/23/16

Method of notification: Email

Residency: PA

AADSAS Mail out date: 7/31

3.07 sGPA 3.2 oGPA (3.3 w/AU)

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC): 21/20/22/24

Someone pinch me I must be dreaming..

Damn, congrats! I'm sure this will motivate many future applicants, including me. Any advice for those with similar stats?

Rejection #6 :shifty:
School: VCU
Notification date: 2/25/16
Method of notification: Mobile portal update
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 6/13/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.45 (3.56 without +/-), 3.6 (3.68 without +/-)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/22/21/none

Does anyone know when the last time Maryland sent out acceptances was? And/or when the deposit was due for that round?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when the last time Maryland sent out acceptances was? And/or when the deposit was due for that round?

What I can tell you is that this is their last week of interviews and it should pick up after this. That being to fill the remaining seats and send waitlist notices as well.

Last edited:
Residency: Florida
Application complete date: 7/20/15
GPA (Science 3.5, Overall 3.3)
DAT (TS 19, AA 19, PAT 21, RC 19)

Interviews

School: LECOM
Date: September

School: Case

School Midwestern-AZ
Date: October

School: Midwestern-IL

School: Kentucky
Date: November

School: UNE
Date: Septmeber

School: Colorado
Date: December

School: Loma Linda
Date: January
Method of notification: Phone Call

A little late to the party but this is how my cycle is going so far.

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTANCE #3 - Columbia !! :soexcited:

Notification date: 2/23/16

Residency: PA

AADSAS Mail out date: 7/31

3.07 sGPA 3.2 oGPA (3.3 w/AU)

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC): 21/20/22/24

Someone pinch me I must be dreaming..

CONGRATS!! Thats exciting!! Can you please share your extra curriculars, LORs, any other factors that might've helped you out? Please, need some advice, thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection #9: University of Washington

Pleeeeeaaassee someone take me!!! I received a 4-year HPSP scholarship that I don't want to have to give up!:help::arghh:

Can you give me more info on that scholarship? Which one army, navy, airforce? And when did you apply for it?

UDM or MWU-AZ? Can’t decide between these schools and any input will be highly appreciated!! I'm from New Jersey.

UDM or MWU-AZ? Can’t decide between these schools and any input will be highly appreciated!! I'm from New Jersey.
I personally am waitlisted at udm and at asdoh but if I had gotten into one it would be asdoh. Simply because the weather and its in a much nicer area. Obviously that's not Midwestern Arizona but it's just a matter of where would you rather live for four years because both school are equally very expensive. Good luck! And congrats !

Both schools are great. However, MWU_AZ location is far superior. I loved the weather there and also atmosphere. Would be happy to live in arizona and do hiking too. :);)

Struggling with what school to attend between Loma Linda, MWU-IL, and UNE. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! I am from Florida.:)

Can you give me more info on that scholarship? Which one army, navy, airforce? And when did you apply for it?
Army. It doesn't really matter when you apply. Army boards were only held once this year in January. So as long as you got your application in before they met, you were considered. According to my recruiter, only 55 HPSP scholarships were granted nationally this year so its pretty competitive. There is a whole forum on it in SDN.

Struggling with what school to attend between Loma Linda, MWU-IL, and UNE. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! I am from Florida.:)
Easy choice if you hate snow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to make y'all smile :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: 7 users
I met someone who is a canine hygienist! Didn't know that there were doggy braces. Neat find.

Residency: Michigan
GPA (Science 3.16 , Overall 3.0)
DAT (TS 22, AA 22, PAT 19)

Acceptance!: Indiana University School of Dentistry
Notification Date: 2/29/16

Reactions: 14 users
2nd deposit is due april 1st.
historically, between now and then they make a few more acceptances and then WL

Residency: Michigan
GPA (Science 3.16 , Overall 3.0)
DAT (TS 22, AA 22, PAT 19)

Acceptance!: Indiana University School of Dentistry
Notification Date: 2/29/16
Have you done any post-bacc or SMPs? or is your GPA just for undergrad?

Rejection #5: Maryland

Stats in signature.
Aadsas mail out 8/7/2015
Secondary complete 8/3/2015
Notified by letter (snail mail)
PA Residency

Acceptance USC

Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20/15
Application complete date: 8/1
GPA (Science 3.3 , Overall 3.5)
DAT (TS 20, AA 18, PAT 22) (got a 15 in Math)

Waitlisted Western

Interview Offers from: USC, Western, Lecom, Case Western, and Midewestern (canceled out of state interviews after USC acceptance)

Reactions: 2 users
Acceptance USC

Waitlisted Western

Interview Offers from: USC, Western, Lecom, Case Western, and Midewestern (canceled out of state interviews after USC acceptance)

When did you interview?

Acceptance USC

Waitlisted Western

Accepted today?

Rejection #7 :unsure:
Notification date: 3/1/16
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: MI
Application complete date: 6/13/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.45 (3.56 without +/-), 3.6 (3.68 without +/-)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/22/21/none

Rejection with interview
Notification date: 3/1/16
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: July
GPA (science, overall): 3.5, 3.3
DAT: 19AA, 19TS, 21 PAT, 19RC

Couple hours later they sent me an email invitation to complete their post-bac with a 3.3 next year and then I am automatically accepted to 2016/2017 cycle for them. Declining that offer.

Reject from Marquette. No interview

I Interviewed at Touro and here's my feedback!!

The interview experience was absolutely amazing. I got to speak to a lot of faculty members individually as there were more than 8 of them. The faculty members are absolutely approachable and easy to talk too. I personally spoke with the dean about the clinical equipment that they are planning on getting as he said " they are looking for the most advanced ones in the market as they want the school to be up to date with the dental advancements happening nowadays" I know it seems underdeveloped to some, but NYMC's records seem pretty solid and the history of the school is incredible in several health profession fields so I doubt their dental program will be any less. The NYMC campus is going to be less than 5 mins walking after cutting the trees, which allow the students to access lot of facilities in addition to the dental building (IBM headquarters building). If you are looking for a school where you have the ability to make a difference, be one of the first alumni to support a school and watch it grow , help in setting up a unique vision for the school, takes roles in leadership, Serve a community with minimal oral care, build a relationship with your faculty members, diverse perfect size class, live 40 mins away from NYC, Definitely TOURO is the right place for you!! Cheers, I hope this post helps.

The interview experience was absolutely amazing. I got to speak to a lot of faculty members individually as there were more than 8 of them. The faculty members are absolutely approachable and easy to talk too. I personally spoke with the dean about the clinical equipment that they are planning on getting as he said " they are looking for the most advanced ones in the market as they want the school to be up to date with the dental advancements happening nowadays" I know it seems underdeveloped to some, but NYMC's records seem pretty solid and the history of the school is incredible in several health profession fields so I doubt their dental program will be any less. The NYMC campus is going to be less than 5 mins walking after cutting the trees, which allow the students to access lot of facilities in addition to the dental building (IBM headquarters building). If you are looking for a school where you have the ability to make a difference, be one of the first alumni to support a school and watch it grow , help in setting up a unique vision for the school, takes roles in leadership, Serve a community with minimal oral care, build a relationship with your faculty members, diverse perfect size class, live 40 mins away from NYC, Definitely TOURO is the right place for you!! Cheers, I hope this post helps.
Good post and I'm sure it will be helpful for others, but I certainly wouldn't call the surronding area an area with minimal oral care. It's not like it's rural upstate NY.

They dont even have any facilities to show. I'll believe it when I see it. They really should have had the building done before trying to admit students and making promises. They were supposed to take apps back in October and didnt even start until Jan and still dont have accreditation. If you have another choice go with it over Touro.

Key word "looking" meaning they still dont have it and they should to show students.

They dont even have any facilities to show. I'll believe it when I see it. They really should have had the building done before trying to admit students and making promises. They were supposed to take apps back in October and didnt even start until Jan and still dont have accreditation. If you have another choice go with it over Touro.

Key word "looking" meaning they still dont have it and they should to show students.

I agree. "Promises" are just promises and mean nothing until they happen. Like presidential candidates who make promises to gain support, many of their promises end up going unfulfilled after being elected.

I agree too. They don't have anything yet in place. Accreditation should have been in first place. the surrounding area is not rural also potential problems for patient pool.

I agree. "Promises" are just promises and mean nothing until they happen. Like presidential candidates who make promises to gain support, many of their promises end up going unfulfilled after being elected.

Have you ever been somewhere where they tell you what they will have then you're there and you're like where is it, oh we had trouble securing this or that but eventually... if Touro is your only choice then its your best choice and take it -- but don't select it over something you can tangibly see, touch, and critique.

Reactions: 3 users
Good post and I'm sure it will be helpful for others, but I certainly wouldn't call the surrounding area an area with minimal oral care. It's not like it's rural upstate NY.
They mentioned that the area around the school up until Buffalo has a large patient pool.

I do have other choices but I see a huge potential in Touro as I said NYMC is a known medical school. They have models in the rooms and clinic starts 3nd to 3rd year. Otherwise the building is ready to be used with all its other facilities.

I do have other choices but I see a huge potential in Touro as I said NYMC is a known medical school. They have models in the rooms and clinic starts 3nd to 3rd year. Otherwise the building is ready to be used with all its other facilities.

A proven commodity or "potential." The building may be ready to be used but there is no equipment or accreditation. You cant even ask students what their experiences are. You should people who are dentists which one they would attend...

You have idea what kind of clinical skills you will have with Touro. There are administrative issues that could pop up with that proclude them from having a large patient pool.

Eg UDM is good clinically. Been around a while and tons of patients. One of the best privates that will allow you to practice immediately VS Touro (no one knows anything about).

Please look carefully at your choices you dont want to choose something that has no reputation unless you have to. I wouldve asked why they are taking forever with accreditation and why the building is unfinished... I really have a lot of doubts about Touro. I withdrew there because I got more and more skeptical the more research I did.

They mentioned that the area around the school up until Buffalo has a large patient pool.
I live in the area and there are plenty of dentists. However, the biggest barrier to care is not access in this case, but cost. Hopefully Touro's fees will be appropriate.