-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official 2015-2016: LizzyM <70 thread
Started by kilez12
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Join the panic thread...http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2015-2016-panic-thread.1163676/page-2#post-16970086 I did with no II's too..🙁LizzyM 64 (12 MD, 13 DO)
0 IIs
1 hold
2 rejections
At a panic state at the moment =(
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just to update everyone:
LizzyM 68 (65 if you average my MCAT attempts):
- Applied to many MD schools
- 7 II (listed on my MDApps)
- Attended two so far, with two more coming this next week on consecutive days
Fingers crossed!
Good luck to you all!
please teach me your ways and how to get interviews
Follow the guides here on SDN made by adcoms and other successful applicants about Personal Statements, Activities descriptions, and Secondaries.please teach me your ways and how to get interviews
Have someone else proof read your stuff. That makes a huge difference too. Other people catch mistakes you would never see
Update because keep up the hope.
67.
MD II: 4
MD Reject: 2
Applied: 19
67.
MD II: 4
MD Reject: 2
Applied: 19
Hey guys, just so you know what to look forward to, this video pretty much perfectly sums up how you will feel when you get accepted. I'm hoping you will all get accepted and feel the inevitable feelings of accomplishment and progress, as perfectly portrayed in this eloquent and succinct demonstration.
Toodles.
Toodles.
Just to update everyone:
LizzyM 68 (65 if you average my MCAT attempts):
- Applied to many MD schools
- 7 II (listed on my MDApps)
- Attended two so far, with two more coming this next week on consecutive days
Fingers crossed!
Good luck to you all!
Great looking app!!!! Best of luck to you! 🙂
Just wanted to update everyone I got my first II earlier this week to FSU! Excited beyond words 😀
Congrats!!! Would love to spend the next 4 years in FL myself! Good luck on interview
Thank you! It was a lot of work, but the journey is only beginning!Great looking app!!!! Best of luck to you! 🙂
Thank you! It was a lot of work, but the journey is only beginning!
I feel that maybe my community service...or nearly complete lack of may come back to bite me in the butt this cycle (praying it doesn't!)...Looking to secure something throughout the remainder of this year/the next...But nothing as really jumped out at me yet! 🙁 Plus my overnight ER hours make scheduling a nightmare.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those with II -
First off - grats! I was wondering if I should be expecting an e-mail with an II/reject or neurotically be checking each portal to see my updated status?
First off - grats! I was wondering if I should be expecting an e-mail with an II/reject or neurotically be checking each portal to see my updated status?
I got emails for all 7 responses: II, on-hold, and rejection.
Check my portals weekly but didn't see any changes there first. The email and the status change happened the same day.
Thank you!
I had to check my hold status for GWU and was wondering if I was required to do the same for the others.
If you get an II they will email you, even if it is delayed like for DrexelThank you!
I had to check my hold status for GWU and was wondering if I was required to do the same for the others.
+1, although GW does email for II.I know a bunch of us didn't get an email from Upstate but that might be because we were neurotically checking out portals.
I also didn't get an email about change in status (to hold) from GWU or VCU.
@Romz I got emails for 3/4 IIs, so as annoying as it is checking portals can be worth it!!
I take it back. VCU *just* emailed me. But I think I've been on hold for at least a week.+1, although GW does email for II.
@Romz I got emails for 3/4 IIs, so as annoying as it is checking portals can be worth it!!
C
Clockwork Biology
This is by far my favorite SDN thread. Joining in for some of this good luck I keep reading about
LizzyM 64 (reinvention applicant)
MD
2 IIs
4 Rejections
16 still in the mix (all complete late July)
DO
1 II, 1 Acceptance
7 still in the mix
Hopefully I'll be able to update with more good news on October 15th!
LizzyM 64 (reinvention applicant)
MD
2 IIs
4 Rejections
16 still in the mix (all complete late July)
DO
1 II, 1 Acceptance
7 still in the mix
Hopefully I'll be able to update with more good news on October 15th!
wow, congrats on the DO acceptance! that's so wonderful 🙂 i'm wishing you the best of luck with all the other schools that you're waiting to hear from as well!This is by far my favorite SDN thread. Joining in for some of this good luck I keep reading about
LizzyM 64 (reinvention applicant)
MD
2 IIs
4 Rejections
16 still in the mix (all complete late July)
DO
1 II, 1 Acceptance
7 still in the mix
Hopefully I'll be able to update with more good news on October 15th!
I've seen you around and I'm cheering for you. Good luck. Hilarious pic. Where is your acceptance?This is by far my favorite SDN thread. Joining in for some of this good luck I keep reading about
LizzyM 64 (reinvention applicant)
MD
2 IIs
4 Rejections
16 still in the mix (all complete late July)
DO
1 II, 1 Acceptance
7 still in the mix
Hopefully I'll be able to update with more good news on October 15th!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Might as well join in on the fun here:
LizzyM ~69. High MCAT, low GPA, nontrad, ORM. Only applied to MD schools. Complete in July and early August.
9 II, 3 holds, 1 rejection, waiting to hear back from 25 more schools.
Completed five interviews already and hoping to hear back from at least three of them by the end of this month!
LizzyM ~69. High MCAT, low GPA, nontrad, ORM. Only applied to MD schools. Complete in July and early August.
9 II, 3 holds, 1 rejection, waiting to hear back from 25 more schools.
Completed five interviews already and hoping to hear back from at least three of them by the end of this month!
Might as well join in on the fun here:
LizzyM ~69. High MCAT, low GPA, nontrad, ORM. Only applied to MD schools. Complete in July and early August.
9 II, 3 holds, 1 rejection, waiting to hear back from 25 more schools.
Completed five interviews already and hoping to hear back from at least three of them by the end of this month!
Share the love! Haha
I feel blessed to have 4 II, but it's still October, so im obviously hoping for more!
Ive only completed one interview so far, probably wont know the outcome until sometime in November.
I feel like I'm on the low end with a ~66 LizzyM 🙁
But I have 1 MD interview so far for my IS school!
2 Rejections from Georgetown and Albany
0 Holds
I applied to around ~30 MD schools
Very similar to me! 🙂 Best of luck!
High MCAT, low GPA (3.3 sGPA):
8 MD IIs, 4 DO IIS (I am only going to attend the DO interview near my home since I need to save the money and I didn't expect all these MD IIs), 2 MD rejections.
I applied to 3 Florida public schools (OOS) and got interviews at all 3, but received 1 rejection and silence from my state schools -_- Shout out for Florida for the love.
Good luck everyone!!
8 MD IIs, 4 DO IIS (I am only going to attend the DO interview near my home since I need to save the money and I didn't expect all these MD IIs), 2 MD rejections.
I applied to 3 Florida public schools (OOS) and got interviews at all 3, but received 1 rejection and silence from my state schools -_- Shout out for Florida for the love.
Good luck everyone!!
no luck so far, waiting and staring at my inbox.... come on inbox...
Updating for luck:
1 II, 5 Rejections (just got the boot from Mayo 🙁 ). Here's hoping for some good news in the near future!
1 II, 5 Rejections (just got the boot from Mayo 🙁 ). Here's hoping for some good news in the near future!
how did that first interview go? congrats on getting one over with! 🙂I guess here's my update:
4 II
1 pre-interview hold
0 rejections
Silence from 21 other schools. All MD
Just had my first interview recently.
For the people who were mostly complete in September, have you guys heard anything yet?
I only have a rejection from USC, and slow movement to "Under Review" at some schools
I was complete mid August to early September and haven't heard anything positive yet. Two (expected) rejections and one hold.
nope.I was complete mid August to early September and haven't heard anything positive yet. Two (expected) rejections and one hold.
HUGE UPDATE:
2 more MD II over the weekend for a grand total of:
4 MD II (2 attended, feel very confident about them, great fit with both programs)
3 DO II (2 acceptances, 3rd I feel confident will become an acceptance)
2 Holds (Albany, George Washington)
4 Rejections (Boston University, Chicago - Rosalind Franklin, Georgetown, Indiana)
Keep the faith everyone! There is hope that the II will come at any time 🙂
The faith comes in waves
Do you mind if I ask when you were complete for Boston and Georgetown? I was complete late July to mid-August (a last letter came in August so some schools started reviewing and some haven't) and this four month silence (four months...
Joining in!
LizzyM of 69 (30 MCAT, 3.9 GPA) applied to 32 MD ($$$$$$$$$$) and 7 DO ($$$$). Complete end of Aug-early Sept
IIs: 4 (3 DO, 1MD)
Pre-II holds: 2 (Albany, GW)
Rejections: 2 (Meharry, Rosalind Franklin/CMS/whatever it's called)
Waiting on 32 more schools. I'm just chillin. No stress here, adcoms, take your time. I'm juuuuuuust chillin.
LizzyM of 69 (30 MCAT, 3.9 GPA) applied to 32 MD ($$$$$$$$$$) and 7 DO ($$$$). Complete end of Aug-early Sept
IIs: 4 (3 DO, 1MD)
Pre-II holds: 2 (Albany, GW)
Rejections: 2 (Meharry, Rosalind Franklin/CMS/whatever it's called)
Waiting on 32 more schools. I'm just chillin. No stress here, adcoms, take your time. I'm juuuuuuust chillin.
Last edited:
I've found the best way to deal with stress is to buy new suits/shoes/ties/watches in anticipation of the many interviews you'll no doubt have to attend.
Coincidentally, this backfires and induces other stress when your debit card subsequently declines at Taco Bell.
Alas...
Coincidentally, this backfires and induces other stress when your debit card subsequently declines at Taco Bell.
Alas...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The fact people with similar stats to mine who are complete much later than me are getting II to schools I applied to while I'm still "under review" is slightly unnerving I can't lie.
Another update!
LizzyM 69
2 II
3 Holds
1 Reject
Still waiting on 18 more 😛
I guess you didnt like my previous idea about your avatar picture?
Oh trust me, I considered it heavily. But I'm pretty sure that they might reject me once they realize I'm a dog!I guess you didnt like my previous idea about your avatar picture?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 88
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 620
- Views
- 108K
- Replies
- 98
- Views
- 26K
