You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official 2015-2016: LizzyM <70 thread
Started by kilez12
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Honestly I think alot of II's go out after the first wave of acceptances on Oct 15.The silence is getting to me, I think. Complete at all schools mid to late August...
0 II
1 hold
1 rejection
And a whole bunch of waiting!
At what point do I reasonably assume that I'm being passed over?
I said I wouldn't add any more schools, but I just did. This is the last one, I swear.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Convert 2015 score to old score using percentiles as reference.How are people calculating LizzyM score with the 2015 MCAT?
Then calculate as normal.
Update!
4 IIs (3 completed already)
1 hold
2 Rejections
24 silences since late July/early August
Stay strong everyone!
4 IIs (3 completed already)
1 hold
2 Rejections
24 silences since late July/early August
Stay strong everyone!
So I had a dream last night that I finally woke up to an II.
The neurosis is starting up hahaha
haha
ha
🙁
The neurosis is starting up hahaha
haha
ha
🙁
I said I wouldn't add any more schools, but I just did. This is the last one, I swear.
just curious what schools you added haha
Joining in.
LizzyM of 67. Complete since 8/12. Applied to 12 schools (all I could afford). I have heard back from zero and spend most of my days cursing the excess of email I receive.
Man, the cost thing pisses me off. Nobody should feel left out of something because they can't afford it. That innercity kid could have become a world-class microvasc surgeon, but because he couldn't afford to fill out the AMCAS apps he had to choose another profession.
Mayo requested my letters of recommendation!
Not an interview invite by any stretch of the imagination, but still very exciting! When I applied there last year, I was rejected pretty promptly without a letter request. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Congrats! You are having great success this cycle. As a fellow reapplicant from AZ, I am rooting for you. You give me inspiration. I am hoping to follow your foot steps in the interview department. Have you heard anything from the two UofA campuses? I wish you the best of luck.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just one. Yale.just curious what schools you added haha
how did that first interview go? congrats on getting one over with! 🙂
I feel like it definitely could have went well!
The silence is getting to me, I think. Complete at all schools mid to late August...
0 II
1 hold
1 rejection
And a whole bunch of waiting!
At what point do I reasonably assume that I'm being passed over?
Thats honestly how im starting to feel even though i have 4 II. Complete silence still from 21 schools and that's a lot of variables at play there, which is making me nervous and anxious to the max
So I had a dream last night that I finally woke up to an II.
The neurosis is starting up hahaha
haha
ha
🙁
I had a similar dream 😛 clearly going crazy over here
Just finished my first interview today, can't wait for the decision! 🙂
Highly considering adding PCOM without a DO letter. Thoughts?
Go for it. I didn't have a DO letter, but I still got an II. According to the website it's just recommended, not required.
Go for it. I didn't have a DO letter, but I still got an II. According to the website it's just recommended, not required.
Yep, neuroticism is leading to me applying DO.
Yep, neuroticism is leading to me applying DO.
Probably not necessary with your 4 early MD IIs. 😛
I applied to 31 MD..only have one II so far...2 rejections..You know what I've noticed? It seems like people in our score range typically get interview invites to around 10-20% of the MD schools they apply to.
Honestly I think Im being processed late cause I had a 2nd late MCAT so I am hoping for more..but your theory may be correct. Thank You!! Good Luck to you!!!I don't claim to be able to see the future, but the cycle is still young 😉.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
I know it may have been said but... It seems to me after reviewing last years threads. Oct 15 is coming..the people with mad MCAT scores who have interviewed get there acceptances and withdraw at the lower tier schools..which makes room for us. I think alot of action will happen this month and into November!! At least I hope so!! Good luck guys!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol so far just the one DO. UNECOM is like "you get xxx amount of time to submit the secondary or else!" So I was like... Okay you win. 🙂Not sure how many of those 35 schools were MD, but assuming that most of them are you're at a 23% II rate which is fantastic. I'm sure you applied to more than than just one DO school though 😉
Anyway I think I really have to attribute this to choosing schools well. I stuck mostly to the standard lower-tier/state school list @Goro recommends and I have to thank the black cat for that.
Bugging out...
LizzyM ~65
Applied 21 MD
II: the big goose egg
Rejections: 0
Hold: 1 (gw)
Completed most apps late august
Ahh, the hold from GW. Surprise surprise.
You were complete late august, just be patient. You'll get love somewhere 🙂
You know what I've noticed? It seems like people in our score range typically get interview invites to around 10-20% of the MD schools they apply to.
This is a 11.7% II rate.
Assuming a total of 15 schools, this is 13.3 % II rate.
Personally, I applied to 36 MD programs and have received 4 MD II so far, which is around 11.1%.
If the trend holds, I'd expect for you to at least get one more II 🙂
Assuming 30 schools total, this is 20% II rate. Killer, great job man!
15% II rate, doing well 🙂
Not sure how many of those 35 schools were MD, but assuming that most of them are you're at a 23% II rate which is fantastic. I'm sure you applied to more than than just one DO school though 😉
21%! Exceptional!
Overall, no one in this thread should become discouraged because there are other people in our score range who are doing well! If anyone applying for future application years is reading this, I'd say make an assumption that you will get 10-20% II rate for MD schools nearly below a 70 LizzyM.
I also fall into that range with about a 15%. Nice work!
HUGE UPDATE:
2 more MD II over the weekend for a grand total of:
4 MD II (2 attended, feel very confident about them, great fit with both programs)
3 DO II (2 acceptances, 3rd I feel confident will become an acceptance)
2 Holds (Albany, George Washington)
4 Rejections (Boston University, Chicago - Rosalind Franklin, Georgetown, Indiana)
Keep the faith everyone! There is hope that the II will come at any time 🙂
Congrats bro! Sounds like a pretty good cycle for you so far 🙂.
Thanks buddy! I have absolutely no complaints at all, life is good and this cycle has been incredibly fruitful.
Compared to last year, I spent TONS more time this year selecting schools, tailoring essays to programs and refining my primary application/personal statement. It has paid dividends! I also applied to 41 schools total, so take the II total with a grain of salt 😉.
I'm honestly hoping for some cheaper acceptances (not $60,000/year tuition) but at the end of the day I'll be attending SOME medical school. 🙂
Oh trust me, I get it. That $60k tuition made me dizzy! lol. But I am not complaining and very grateful to have one. It seems like all the schools this cycle are overwhelmed with the apps bc of the new MCAT change. I haven't heard anymore news from any MDs or DOs for a while now. Fingers crossed.
Btw, kudos to you for completing those 41 secondaries! I had 34 and hated myself for doing it!
Haha. Oh Texas!To be fair, Indiana rejected me pre-secondary and UT Austin, Houston, San Antonio and Galveston didn't have secondaries. So it's more like 36 😉
Riding on the happy news, received my 2nd DO II for a total of 8 II now 🙂 6 MD and 2 DO. I only applied to 2 DO schools as well so I'm honestly pretty happy to net 2/2 II so far in the DO cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1 II invite
1 Hold (GW)
Silent at 13.
Today started off well with that II
1 Hold (GW)
Silent at 13.
Today started off well with that II
So posting in this thread seems to definitely be good luck, got my 2nd MD II today after about three months of allopathic silence and rejection. Super excited!
Right after I send in my transcripts for DO schools out of paranoia another one rolls in. I totally agree with you.
I also need some good luck! 1 II, 2 holds, 2 rejections and silence from 17 others 🤔
Congrats on all your success so far guys! I like the good vibes in this thread
Congrats on all your success so far guys! I like the good vibes in this thread

Similar threads
- Replies
- 87
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 620
- Views
- 107K
- Replies
- 98
- Views
- 26K
