Step I Official 2015 COMLEX Level 1 Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FutureDO2016

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I realized no one made a thread for 2015 so decided to make one. Anyone take the January 6 or 22 test? There's a Feb date coming up soon too. How was it? What did you use to study and would recommend to future test-takers? Anything particularly high-yield? Good luck everyone!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Comsae D 642 7 weeks out
USMLE 238 7/6
Comlex 581 7/24

I really thought that I would do better, but I guess I'm not the only one. I studied a lot between my COMSAE and comlex too so I wasn't slacking off or anything. Whatevs
 
This. thing. was. rough.


How many questions, percentage wise, did you guys feel like you were unsure about?

I feel like it tested a lot of hardcore details. Things that just aren't in FA or Pathoma, even RR. Details that I had to recall from coursework.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For what it's worth, I walked away feeling like COMLEX was a harder test than the USMLE but I ended up with a higher percentile on the former. Try to chill until scores come out. The scale is more forgiving than you may feel walking out test day.
 
For what it's worth, I walked away feeling like COMLEX was a harder test than the USMLE but I ended up with a higher percentile on the former. Try to chill until scores come out. The scale is more forgiving than you may feel walking out test day.

There are current comlex percentiles available?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here. I'd say that while the COMSAE's are nothing like the test itself, they are an accurate predicition of your score.

My best wishes to everyone here.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So sorry to hear this. I'm not at all sure what they will be doing this year, but if you take a look at my poll in another thread you can see that out of about 50 people, there were nearly 50% that scored 25-100+ less on the real deal than they did on their COMSAEs, with 15% of people scoring greater than 100 pts less. In my opinion that is more than coincidence, and more likely a problem with the COMLEX format which tends to focus very heavily on a few subjects rather than the entire subject matter of M1/M2. At the same time I cannot help but feel as though the COMSAEs should be held to higher standards and provide better predictability like the NBMEs do, after all, they cost pretty much the same amount of money.
..