*~*~*~* Official 2017-2018 Application Timeline Thread (Submitted, Verified, Mailed) *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/11/17
Reapplicant?: No

DAT Taken: 5/21/17
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 6/13/17

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/1/17
Transcript(s) Received: 6/8/17
GPA Verified: 6/16/17

Letters Uploaded: 3 in by 6/16/17; waiting for one more

Date Application Mailed: 6/11/17

Residency: Florida
Schools Applied To: UF, NOVA, UCONN, UNC, MICH, UAB, OHSU, PENN, Harvard, Columbia, Pitt, VCU
GPA: oGPA: 3.69 sGPA: 3.67
DAT: AA 24 TS 24

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do they verify transcripts AFTER you pay for applications or before? Wondering if I'm waiting for nothing to send in my apps.

Do they verify transcripts AFTER you pay for applications or before? Wondering if I'm waiting for nothing to send in my apps.

They start verifying your transcript after you submit your primary application & pay the fee.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else dealt with the frustration of the people at your school holding up your application process? I asked for my transcript and committee evaluation on June 1st and have yet to receive them. Very frustrating as I could have had my application in within the first week if it wasn't for this....also, if you go to the DAT site and send scores to schools you DID NOT select at the time you took the test, will both scores be sent if taken twice? I would assume I am paying for the school to access my whole account, not just one set of scores. Thanks for any help!

Has anyone else dealt with the frustration of the people at your school holding up your application process? I asked for my transcript and committee evaluation on June 1st and have yet to receive them. Very frustrating as I could have had my application in within the first week if it wasn't for this....also, if you go to the DAT site and send scores to schools you DID NOT select at the time you took the test, will both scores be sent if taken twice? I would assume I am paying for the school to access my whole account, not just one set of scores. Thanks for any help!
I fee like the transcript verification is the hold up. U have those ready? I'm waiting on my commttee letter too cause I know my adviser is the slowest ever. But I'm not worried cause he can do it whenever as long as he send it before or right after the GPA verification

I fee like the transcript verification is the hold up. U have those ready? I'm waiting on my commttee letter too cause I know my adviser is the slowest ever. But I'm not worried cause he can do it whenever as long as he send it before or right after the GPA verification

I have requested my transcript to be sent, but it has not been received yet. So once they receive the transcript they go through GPA verification and then you are all set to submit the app? Or can you submit once the transcript has been received?

submit asap!once they receive the transcripts it can take 2-4 weeks for the GPA to be verified. Only then that will schools look at your app. The LOR's are basically processed immediately. So your professor has anywhere to a month to really submit. But do remind maybe to make sure he's in top of it!

Last edited:
submit asap!once they receive the transcripts it can take 2-4 weeks for the GPA to be verified. Only free that will schools look at your app. The LOR's are. Asidally processed immediately. So your professor has anywhere to a month to really submit. But do remind maybe to make sure he's in top of it!

OK thank you SO much you are a ton of help!

If it makes you feel better my school doesnt send out the committee letter until Aug 15 for all students applying to med/dental school lol. They've always done it and insist it doesnt affect the application or how its viewed so taking their word for it since I don't really have a choice haha

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: June 1, 2017

DAT Taken: Jan 7, 2017
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: I don't know where to find this; I put my DENTPIN.

Transcript(s) Submitted: June 2
Transcript(s) Received: June 3
GPA Verified: Pending

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: Waiting for the committee letter
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded:

Date Application Mailed: I e-submitted the applications
Batch #: What's this

Residency: Maryland
Schools Applied To:

Columbia
UCLA
USC
UConn
Midwestern at Illinois
BU
Harvard
Tufts
Maryland
Michigan
UNC Chapel Hill
Univ of the Pacific
NYU
Stony Brook
UPenn
UPitt
Temple
West Virginia
Case Wester Reserve
UIC
UW
(Sorry it's a lot)

GPA and DAT: 3.81 oGPA, 3.75 sGPA, 22AA/23TS/22PAT

Is there anything else we have to do in addition to putting down DENTPIN on the DAT score section?
I didn't designate any school when I was registering for the DAT.
Where on the AADSAS will I see that my score is uploaded or not?
Why so many schools?o_O Coming from someone who applied to 14.
And you were supposed to designate at least one school when taking the DAT. Selecting one, no matter which one, would send the scores to all schools for "free."

You asked for committee evaluation on June 1st? You should have given them time to get it ready. I asked for mine somewhere around January so they could be ready by June 1st.

You asked for committee evaluation on June 1st? You should have given them time to get it ready. I asked for mine somewhere around January so they could be ready by June 1st.
Lol I gave it to them like a year ago and I told them I wanted it by the end of may and despite whether or not the profs got their letters in my health adviser hasn't gotten it in yet and I think itlll take him another 1-2 weeks minimum

Lol I gave it to them like a year ago and I told them I wanted it by the end of may and despite whether or not the profs got their letters in my health adviser hasn't gotten it in yet and I think itlll take him another 1-2 weeks minimum
:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/13/17

DAT Taken: 8/24/15
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 6/8/17

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/12/17
Transcript(s) Received: Received
GPA Verified: Verifying

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: 6/8/17
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: 6/9/17

Date Application Mailed: Date
Batch #: #

Residency: NY
Schools Applied To: UCLA, UCSF, USC, UMich, Harvard, Columbia, UPenn, Rutgers, UFlorida
GPA: oGPA: 3.91 sGPA: 3.95
DAT: AA 26

How do I know whether or not AADSAS has my DAT scores? I took it last summer and chose to send it out to all the schools, and I gave AADSAS my DENTPIN and manually entered my scores. How do I check if they have verified my scores or not?

Same I'm confused about that too! I received an email from UMich saying that they didn't receive my DAT scores so i was shook because I thought ADDSAS had already received my DAT scores. Does anyone know anything about this?

Same I'm confused about that too! I received an email from UMich saying that they didn't receive my DAT scores so i was shook because I thought ADDSAS had already received my DAT scores. Does anyone know anything about this?

Hey guys, I had the same exact situation and I just got off the phone with AADSAS. If you call now and verify your date of birth and the date you took the exam, they can match your score for you on the spot. This should make your score report "official" and all the schools should be able to see it through AADSAS. Hope this helps! The person on the phone even advised me to tell other people I knew who were applying to do the same LOL :)

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys, I had the same exact situation and I just got off the phone with AADSAS. If you call now and verify your date of birth and the date you took the exam, they can match your score for you on the spot. This should make your score report "official" and all the schools should be able to see it through AADSAS. Hope this helps! The person on the phone even advised me to tell other people I knew who were applying to do the same LOL :)
As someone having issue with this for the past two weeks, I can confirm this. I now have both "official" and "unofficial" on the downloadable pdf.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know approx. how long it takes for a GPA to be verified after Transcript received?

Does anyone know approx. how long it takes for a GPA to be verified after Transcript received?
1-4 weeks. the later you get your transcripts the more you'll have to wait cause AADSAS will receive a ton of applications

Lifesaver! I literally just read this thread and called them and they matched it up right away, all in less than three minutes. Just have your dentpin and test date on hand when you call! He told me they would have eventually matched it up but this just speeds it up so you have peace of mind :)

Why so many schools?o_O Coming from someone who applied to 14.
And you were supposed to designate at least one school when taking the DAT. Selecting one, no matter which one, would send the scores to all schools for "free."
I wasn't very confident. And thanks for the information

1-4 weeks. the later you get your transcripts the more you'll have to wait cause AADSAS will receive a ton of applications
What if it has been sent and just not received? I sent both of my transcripts Friday, June 9th. One of them was received June 13th on Tuesday, and the other still hasn't been received. I verified with the records office that sent it and it was definitely sent June 9th. They should have received it by now. However, the transcript is under a different name(name change). Do you think I should call AADSAS? I feel like its been lost by now. It was mailed 10 days ago(7 business days).

What if it has been sent and just not received? I sent both of my transcripts Friday, June 9th. One of them was received June 13th on Tuesday, and the other still hasn't been received. I verified with the records office that sent it and it was definitely sent June 9th. They should have received it by now. However, the transcript is under a different name(name change). Do you think I should call AADSAS? I feel like its been lost by now. It was mailed 10 days ago(7 business days).
You could call them but it might just take a little longer. I sent mine 06/02 and they didn't arrive until 06/13. It takes 5-7 business days to mail transcripts. And it takes 1-7 business days to mark them as received. It can then take 1-4 weeks to verify them. This sounds like a long time but since u applied esrly it probably won't take that long. It took them 6 days to verify my transcripts after they were received

I began the process of getting my committee letter last December and requested it be uploaded June 1st... still nothing!!! so annoying to do everything on your end and have other people hold it up

I began the process of getting my committee letter last December and requested it be uploaded June 1st... still nothing!!! so annoying to do everything on your end and have other people hold it up
Same here. Everything is ready even GPA verified but committe letter still not ready

Last edited:
Same here. Everything is ready even GPA verified but committe letter still not ready
'That's really fast. I asked my schools to send my transcripts on the 2nd, and they were received on the 15th. And my committee is also taking their sweet time.

'That's really fast. I asked my schools to send my transcripts on the 2nd, and they were received on the 15th. And my committee is also taking their sweet time.
Took my from 06/02 to 06/13 for AADSAS to mark the transcripts as received so you're only like 2 days behind! not bad at all.
It took them 6 days to verify it so I would expect yours to be ready in a few days....of course you never know how long it can take. 1-4 weeks is fair game.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 06/07/17

DAT Taken: 8/15/16
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: Unofficial scores were input 06/01 I just called AADSAS today 06/12 and had them match my official score with my application. They said only the unofficial score will show up on my end but I can check with schools once the application is sent to make sure they received the official scores.

Transcript(s) Submitted: 06/05/17
Transcript(s) Received: 06/09/17
GPA Verified: 6/15/17

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: Did not use Interfolio
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: N/A

Date Application Mailed: Not mailed yet

Residency: RI
Schools Applied To: UCLA, Michigan, UNC, Maryland, Pitt, Penn, Columbia, UConn, BU, Harvard
GPA and DAT: oGPA: 3.9 DAT: AA 22
Happy to say that my committee letter has been uploaded and my application is now officially complete! Now we play the waiting game good luck fellow future dentists!

Happy to say that my committee letter has been uploaded and my application is now officially complete! Now we play the waiting game good luck fellow future dentists!
I'm curious to see just how fast you'll get an interview. I bet with no batches this year the process is sped up a lot so if I were you I'd be excited for next few week ;)

I'm curious to see just how fast you'll get an interview. I bet with no batches this year the process is sped up a lot so if I were you I'd be excited for next few week ;)
Yes definitely gonna be tough waiting to hear back from schools so hopefully it's soon. I hope they get your committee letter in asap gotta get you playing the waiting game too!

Yes definitely gonna be tough waiting to hear back from schools so hopefully it's soon. I hope they get your committee letter in asap gotta get you playing the waiting game too!
haha trueee...I talked to my adviser lol he had lost the list of the professors and my waiving right signature. like wth? i wrote to him 3 times this summer asking him about the status...and he kept saying AADSAS take a while...and now that everything is ready he was like "oh yeah...that was really fast". I think all my profs sent it to him so if he hurries up I'll be joining you in the next few days. kind of excited...it's crazy to think about how close I am to the whole application/interview/acceptance/rejection thing haha

What do you mean by "batches?" What is the difference this year? I am just curious:)

What do you mean by "batches?" What is the difference this year? I am just curious:)
I think previous year they used to mail application every week to schools. Now everything is online so schools have access to all the applications as they're being completed...no more waiting for mailing time. So a schoool can start reviewing people now that are complete...they probably won't cause interviews don't really happen till September so there's no rush...but still some might want to get some applications out of the way instead of be super busy in August

I think previous year they used to mail application every week to schools. Now everything is online so schools have access to all the applications as they're being completed...no more waiting for mailing time. So a schoool can start reviewing people now that are complete...they probably won't cause interviews don't really happen till September so there's no rush...but still some might want to get some applications out of the way instead of be super busy in August

Oh I see, thanks!

I'm not sure if this means they are actually reviewing already but I applied to Touro and my status for that particular application says received/under review! So maybe they'll be reviewing everything earlier because it's electronic?! :O

I'm not sure if this means they are actually reviewing already but I applied to Touro and my status for that particular application says received/under review! So maybe they'll be reviewing everything earlier because it's electronic?! :O

Mine also says review/under review for tours too. It's interesting because no other school I applied to says that yet. Some say awaiting materials and some say nothing yet. I am just waiting for transcript verification now

Do schools receive the application at different times?

Do schools receive the application at different times?
they receive the application immediately when you send it to them so if you send the application to different schools at different times, then they'll receive it at different times.

Sadly no they won't review it unless everything is complete. Everything. Secondary, fee, verification. Pitt has said that for me for like a week and my GPA wasn't even ready. So I wouldn't follow that status too closely

they receive the application immediately when you send it to them so if you send the application to different schools at different times, then they'll receive it at different times.

Ah got it! I was confused because some of the schools I submitted later have emailed me saying they received my application, but there has been no news from some of the schools I submitted earlier.

Sadly no they won't review it unless everything is complete. Everything. Secondary, fee, verification. Pitt has said that for me for like a week and my GPA wasn't even ready. So I wouldn't follow that status too closely

Well aside from Touro, I got a call from NSU today and the lady said she just wanted to tell me that my application is completed and currently under review. My DAT score isn't in yet so I said "It's under review even without my test score?" And she told me yes and that when the come to a decision regarding my application they will contact me! Talked to some of friends in dental school and they said that it is very early, but that it's definitely something to be excited about.

Well aside from Touro, I got a call from NSU today and the lady said she just wanted to tell me that my application is completed and currently under review. My DAT score isn't in yet so I said "It's under review even without my test score?" And she told me yes and that when the come to a decision regarding my application they will contact me! Talked to some of friends in dental school and they said that it is very early, but that it's definitely something to be excited about.
wow that's awesome! is the DAT scores the last ting missing from your app? I've heard sometimes they'll consider you only if you have the self-reported scores and then they'll look over the official when they get there. I'd be surprised if the y considered you if your LOR's or verified GPA wouldn't be ready

wow that's awesome! is the DAT scores the last ting missing from your app? I've heard sometimes they'll consider you only if you have the self-reported scores and then they'll look over the official when they get there. I'd be surprised if the y considered you if your LOR's or verified GPA wouldn't be ready

I have one recommendation letter that's coming in within the next week, but other than that my GPA/coursework is verified and my DAT score is the only thing that's missing yes. I've also heard that for most schools they will atleast review the unofficial in the meantime until they receive the official report. I plan on faxing mine in the day that I get my score (assuming that it's good.... :O)

I have one recommendation letter that's coming in within the next week, but other than that my GPA/coursework is verified and my DAT score is the only thing that's missing yes. I've also heard that for most schools they will atleast review the unofficial in the meantime until they receive the official report. I plan on faxing mine in the day that I get my score (assuming that it's good.... :O)
that's very interesting. I got my committee letter pending and pretty much half the schools have sent me an email saying my app is incomplete and they can't look at it until my letter is in

that's very interesting. I got my committee letter pending and pretty much half the schools have sent me an email saying my app is incomplete and they can't look at it until my letter is in

Hmm that is interesting...I mean I have 2 of my 3 letters in so maybe that's why? Because they at least have something to go off of...And my third request has been entered for weeks and is due on the 26th. Not sure. Now I'm wondering how long it takes them to review and if they would actually offer interview without having my DAT score...there's so much suspense haha.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/1/17

DAT Taken: 8/16/16
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 6/8/17

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/1/17
Transcript(s) Received: NOT RECIEVED
GPA Verified: not yet

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: 6/1/17
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: 6/2/17

Date Application Mailed: Date

Residency: Indiana
Schools Applied To: IU, NYU, TUfts
GPA: oGPA: 3.6 sGPA: 3.4
DAT: AA 22

** Could someone please comment on why my transcript still hasn't shown up yet? I've noticed a lot of people's have. I sent it in on June 1st, and it's still showing up as not received. I called AADSAS and they told me to just wait but i'm getting nervous since it's been almost 2 weeks.**

No worries bro. I'm from Indiana and I just think Indiana has a slower time getting to AADSAS. Mine was sent on the second and received 6/16. Waiting on verification. A friend of mine (also from Indiana) sent it a day later than me, received it earlier, and his application is already verified. There's a lot of RNG.

Did anybody overall gpa, sgpa, and bcp gpa change as a reapplicant? I haven't added new courses but my gpa manage to change from last year. that weird.

Does anyone know exactly where your official GPA shows up? I got an email saying that AADSAS verified my transcripts and that my GPA was uploaded but I can't seem to find it! :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

check status-->PDF for any school you submit to-->find the ~50 GPA's under ur transcript entry (at the very end)

Reactions: 1 users