Official--2018-2019 Bryn Mawr Post Bac Attendees

Started by tasha8
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tasha8

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all -- I've seen a couple acceptances in the "application" thread but would love to get the meet and greets rolling!

I'm really stoked to be joining the BM crew this next year and look forward to meeting you all virtually or in person soon!

Feel free to PM me if posting publically here is a little too much.
 
Last edited:
I live in the area near Bryn Mawr so I can also talk to anyone who is curious about Philly overall, food, neighborhoods, etc.

Hey, tasha8. I'm elated to be joining this cohort as well. I'm not from the area at all and only visited once for the interview. Where do you recommend living?
 
Hi, executivewaffle! So excited to meet my first fellow BM-ian for this upcoming year! I have to be honest, I live in Philly and I'm not planning on moving. If I were you though and didn't already have myself settled, I'd rent from the apartments near campus (there's an "offcampus dot blogs" at the brynmawr website you'll find useful but I can't link to because I'm too new to this forum...). My friend did that last year and it worked out really well for him. I've had a lot of friends live in the BM area and it's very tranquil, decently affordable if you go small or have a roommate, and super convenient for school. But if you want more of a "life" outside of school, I've loved living in West Philly and center city; I just get the feeling that a train ride each way (~30 minutes) would be an
unnecessary use of money/time if you don't really want/need to have the city life (or have a whole life here already, as in my case). Just my ten cents!

Any other questions about the area? And out of curiosity, which region are you moving here from?

I agree with you about living in Bryn Mawr though I'm so very tempted to live in Philly. I'm going to PM you to respond to the rest of your post. Anyone else from the 2018-2019 cohort, if you're lurking and looking for roomies, message me 🙂.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree with you about living in Bryn Mawr though I'm so very tempted to live in Philly. I'm going to PM you to respond to the rest of your post. Anyone else from the 2018-2019 cohort, if you're lurking and looking for roomies, message me 🙂.


Hi! I am really excited to be joining the BM cohort this year! I'm also looking for housing near BM and looking for a roomie 🙂 Can't wait to meet you both!
 
Welcome, ainpc888!

Hi! I am really excited to be joining the BM cohort this year! I'm also looking for housing near BM and looking for a roomie 🙂 Can't wait to meet you both!

I hope you PM'd executivewaffle about a possible roomie situation near BM? I hope you all find a good housing situation near the school.
 
Last edited:
Welcome, ainpc888!



I hope you PM'd executivewaffle about a possible roomie situation near BM? I will be living in Philly on my own since I've already got a place I've been at for 5 years, but hope you all find a good housing situation near the school.


I haven't. I was looking through sdn and made my account to reply to this so I'm fairly new. Can't wait to meet you all! 🙂