Official 2018 SHPEP thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone, does anyone know whether columbia is still accepting for dental students or in what particular order they are picking students?

Members don't see this ad.

Before I was accepted to UT, I emailed Columbia about their waitlist. They let me know that they have made final decisions for waitlist students
Hi everyone, does anyone know whether columbia is still accepting for dental students or in what particular order they are picking students?
as of last Friday. If someone does not finish their paperwork, a position might open up.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am currently waitlisted at Rutgers and the action date was 2/28. -_- what should i do? i

i am currently waitlisted at Rutgers and the action date was 2/28. -_- what should i do? i
I'm still waitlisted for Howard and mine is 1/26 :( I called last week and they said they were still working through the waitlist so maybe theres still a chance. I suggest calling just to make sure its not full yet because thats what I've been doin

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still waitlisted for Howard and mine is 1/26 :( I called last week and they said they were still working through the waitlist so maybe theres still a chance. I suggest calling just to make sure its not full yet because thats what I've been doin
thank you! :) i was thinking about calling. i'll try tomorrow. hopefully, you get in!!

I'm attending Iowa's site and the only thing I have gotten from them was an email with a survey. they said they would contact us later but I have not received anything so far. Is this normal or should I contact the coordinator?

Congrats to your acceptances to various SHPEP sites!
I am a SHPEP alumni from a few years back at the UW for medicine. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone get into UCLA, we should totally start a UCLA SHPEP group!

I'm attending Iowa's site and the only thing I have gotten from them was an email with a survey. they said they would contact us later but I have not received anything so far. Is this normal or should I contact the coordinator?
Same here! All I've received so far is the initial survey. I was going to give them a little bit more time before reaching out, but let me know if you do reach out and get a response!

Same here! All I've received so far is the initial survey. I was going to give them a little bit more time before reaching out, but let me know if you do reach out and get a response!
I actually emailed the person in charge and she said that they didn't send out any new info but we should be expecting an email with new information soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also did the Columbia SHPEP program this past summer of 2017. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. Also, once you become a SHPEP alumni make sure to keep in touch with your TA’s and the staff at the school because they may help you get future internships and opportunities. Also be sure to monitor the emails you get from Marcus, he will send you more information about internships and seminars. Good luck guys!!!

Do you guys know about how many people apply to UW, UCLA or Western U? I know Columbia gets around 2000+, but is it the same for the other campuses?
Apply to where you want to go. It all depends on what that specific site is looking for. I was only accepted to Columbia but I applied to 2 other schools. However, Columbia was my first choice so I was really excited. Give it shot.

Hi guys!! SO happy I found this thread. I will be going to Rutgers for medical shpep . anyone else ?? we can start a group me :)

Reactions: 1 users
I'm new to the thread, but I was waitlisted for UAB (medical) and got in on Thursday, so don't give up hope everyone! Also, is there any kind of GroupMe or Facebook page for UAB?
Did you ever find the group me? I need to be added

Never be discouraged I got into Howard with a 2.8 gpa.

Sorry I am so late. I was just searching online to see if I could find anymore information about SHPEP and happened to stumble upon this thread. I will be attending the UCLA site for medicine! Is there a groupme or Facebook page? I would love to get to know some people.

Anyone know if there's a Facebook page or group for those going to UCLA next week?