Official 2018 SHPEP thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone still waitlisted for lsu or know when the result comes out?
Still waiting on UF & I called SHPEP and told to just keep checking, I would call the program host at least though :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a groupme/facebook group for UAB accepted?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I'm a little late lol, I applied to UCLA, UF, and LSU(all dental). On decision day I was denied UCLA and UF, but waitlisted at LSU, then accepted on Monday. Anybody going to LSU follow me on insta at its_leahx

Hey guys, has anyone heard back from UAB waitlist?

I requested my transcript from my university the second week of January, and it said 5-10 business days until they would send it out, so I thought there would be no problem. However, when logging back onto the dashboard to look at the actions, it said they didn't receive it until February 22nd :(

Right now I am just waiting on UAB and I was wondering if anyone has gotten off their waitlist yet
I am still waiting to get off UAB waitlist too

Reactions: 1 user
Got Accepted to Iowa off Waitlist!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Just wondering, when was your site's action date? I'm still waiting on the waitlist:(
Email them! I was on the waitlist also. I emailed to express how much interest I have in the program and how much it means to me and I got off the waitlist Monday. Give it a try. It can’t hurt.

I got an email from Columbia today but I already confirmed Iowa by that point. I was wondering if anyone got off the waitlist for Columbia recently and if so, when was their action date?

Congrats! Just wondering, when was your site's action date? I'm still waiting on the waitlist:(
My action date now says 3/23, but I believe it was early February before. Best of Luck!!!

You're invited to join my group "UT Health Science Center at Houston." on GroupMe. GroupMe
Anyone going to UT this summer, here's the link. I was finally able to post a link. Join the group if you would like. Thanks.

Is there a group for Iowa also?
IowaSHPEPgroup2018.jpg

I'm new to the thread, but I was waitlisted for UAB (medical) and got in on Thursday, so don't give up hope everyone! Also, is there any kind of GroupMe or Facebook page for UAB?

I created a group me for Nebraska SHPEP. Message me your emails and I can start adding.

I'm new to the thread, but I was waitlisted for UAB (medical) and got in on Thursday, so don't give up hope everyone! Also, is there any kind of GroupMe or Facebook page for UAB?
Not yet i only know two people going so far!

I'm going to Nebraska for dental. I found a facebook group and requested to join but it seems like the group is only for staffs as of now.
Yeah I saw that group too today. I was going to request to join but I suspected it was only staff lol.

Hi all,

I received an email today asking if I would like my application sent to the University of Nebraska although I did not list it as one of my sites. As expected, I am excited; however, I would like the people's input. Thank you! Good luck to all!

Hi everyone - and UAB friends! :)

First and foremost, congratulations to everyone that was accepted to any of the 13 program sites!!!! I happily accepted a spot at my #1, UAB, for medical. For those that are curious, I was rejected by Columbia and the "site was full" at Rutgers. I still have not received an email from UAB; however, it is still early!! I am extremely excited to meet everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
I was rejected by my 3 sites, but just today I got an email asking if I wanted my application to be sent to the University of Nebraska. Has anyone received an email from a site that they did not apply to?

Does anyone know what this could mean?

What would some of you guys do in my situation, should I call the Nebraska site? Should I wait until I hear back from them?

Oh, and I was rejected from Columbia, University of Florida, and UCLA

Probably means there’s an opening. Take it if possible!!
I was rejected by my 3 sites, but just today I got an email asking if I wanted my application to be sent to the University of Nebraska. Has anyone received an email from a site that they did not apply to?

Does anyone know what this could mean?

What would some of you guys do in my situation, should I call the Nebraska site? Should I wait until I hear back from them?

Oh, and I was rejected from Columbia, University of Florida, and UCLA

I'm confused about this waitlist? Shouldn't we have all found out by the 20th?

Hey everyone, I hope everyone is getting good news from SHPEP. Anyone going to Birmingham Alabama?

I'm confused about this waitlist? Shouldn't we have all found out by the 20th?
March 20th is when the program sites could begin selecting applicants off of their waitlist! The SHPEP website says most program sites (if not all) will likely “exhaust” their waitlists by the end of the month. I would imagine the statuses on the application dashboard will change to “site is full” as it reaches capacity. Best of luck to you! :)

I haven't heard anything from my site yet! Best to hang tight :) Also congrats on your acceptance!! I told you you could do do it!!!
Thank you for encouraging me!!! You may not believe it, but It was really your words of wisdom and positivity that got me through it.

did the status just change to accepted or did they email you ? congrats !!!
Thank you! Sorry for the late reply! And The status just changed to an “accept”. There was No email about it

Is anyone still on the waitlist for UAB? I'm getting nervous. I emailed the program but I am not sure what to think at this point.

Wow! I thought my race had ended but here I am back again at the end of the road! Good luck to those waiting for a decision or otherwise!

Congrats to everyone who made a spot at a site and to those who made it off the waitlist!

If you are still on the waitlist at this point, I would call sites and ask if waitlist students are still being accepted. Most, if not all, have probably filled their seats.

Wow! I made it into the University of Nebraska for the dental program! Anyone else on here?

If anyone has questions about the Columbia site, feel free to DM me. I did it last year and it was AMAZING!

If anyone has questions about the Columbia site, feel free to DM me. I did it last year and it was AMAZING!
Hi! Would you like to join our Facebook group? I'm sure the others will have questions as well... Thanks

Congrats to everyone who’s gotten off the waitlist! To anybody still waiting, don’t lose hope. You got this! :soexcited: