Official 2018 SHPEP thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For my waitlisted people, please do NOT give up hope!! Keep pushing! I was waitlisted to the program last year for Columbia (top choice) and ended up never getting accepted after reading that their site was full. This year, I reapplied and got waitlisted to two programs, yet still was not accepted to Columbia. It was hard to pick myself back up after this year's (and last year's) decisions. This past weekend, I was even beginning to make alternative plans for this summer if things hadn't turned out right. But afterall, I got accepted to the program that had waitlisted me (Rutgers). I even got in with over 60 credits! So please, dont give up hope! Even though some may not have been accepted, there are such grand opportunities like these, waiting for you in the near future (sooner than you think!).

Seriously don't give up!! I was originally waitlisted at two sites but I just got accepted into my top choice.

STATS:

I applied for Public Health at
Washington (Accepted and confirmed, originally waitlisted)
LSU (Waitlisted)
UT (Site Full)

URM, 3.92 GPA, good letter of recommendation and essay, volunteer with a community organization and intern at my university's office for community health.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, has anyone heard back from UAB waitlist?

I requested my transcript from my university the second week of January, and it said 5-10 business days until they would send it out, so I thought there would be no problem. However, when logging back onto the dashboard to look at the actions, it said they didn't receive it until February 22nd :(

Right now I am just waiting on UAB and I was wondering if anyone has gotten off their waitlist yet

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted in UF for medical, but declined the offer because I got into a Duke Summer Program. I hope they give you my spot bro!
Thanks man!! Means a lot! Have fun!

I made it off the LSU waitlist!

Reactions: 4 users
Patiently waiting :dead:

Exactly! What sites are you waiting for? Im waiting for Columbia and Howard.
I’m just waiting for UF, this has gone so long! I ain’t gonna give it up though haha. Good luck

Is there an LSU Facebook group or GroupMe? I know I saw a few LSU dental students earlier in the thread. I'm doing medical, but I would love to meet others in the program!

Members don't see this ad :)
FINALLY GOT OFF OF IOWA'S WAITLIST.

I was waitlisted for UT and Rutgers as well but I didn't want to risk my spot. Is anyone else going to Iowa (I'm going for dental)

Reactions: 1 users
FINALLY GOT OFF OF IOWA'S WAITLIST.

I was waitlisted for UT and Rutgers as well but I didn't want to risk my spot. Is anyone else going to Iowa (I'm going for dental)

Congrats!! I called them earlier today and the lady said they were still in the process of taking people from the waitlist. Do you happen to remember when your action date for being waitlisted was?

Congrats!! I called them earlier today and the lady said they were still in the process of taking people from the waitlist. Do you happen to remember when your action date for being waitlisted was?
It was the 8th of March. and I called them as well earlier today and they said the exact same thing! I'm sure there will be more spots :)

Congrats on your acceptance, I also got into UCLA!

Is there an LSU Facebook group or GroupMe? I know I saw a few LSU dental students earlier in the thread. I'm doing medical, but I would love to meet others in the program!
I’m doing medical!!

If anyone is interested in being added to the LSU GroupMe, shoot me a message with your email! :D

Hey guys, has anyone heard back from UAB waitlist?

I requested my transcript from my university the second week of January, and it said 5-10 business days until they would send it out, so I thought there would be no problem. However, when logging back onto the dashboard to look at the actions, it said they didn't receive it until February 22nd :(

Right now I am just waiting on UAB and I was wondering if anyone has gotten off their waitlist yet
Hi! I am also waiting to hear from UAB in regards to the waitlist. Let's hope they get back to us soon. This is torture

Last edited:
Anyone going to Rutgers for Dental? Is there a group?

Anyone else still waitlisted?

There is a facebook group for anyone going to Columbia this summer... Its called "SHPEP Columbia 2018"

Reactions: 1 users
Have any instructors emailed anyone about the program details yet? I know once we confirm our acceptance, they reach out to us about what will be going on etc. Maybe its too soon...

Have any instructors emailed anyone about the program details yet? I know once we confirm our acceptance, they reach out to us about what will be going on etc. Maybe its too soon...
I haven't heard anything from my site yet! Best to hang tight :) Also congrats on your acceptance!! I told you you could do do it!!!

I got an email from my site with some info.

Is anyone still waitlisted for lsu or know when the result comes out?