*~*~* Official 2020-2021 AADSAS Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear from Western U?
Update: I got a call from Western U about 45 min ago :)

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten an email for a conditional acceptance background check?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone heard from DCG? I know an A last name that got a call at 8:30 and a D last name that got their call at 11:11. Wondering if they are going in alphabetical order...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my call from UMich at 9:01 EST and UCSF at 12:55 EST! Both offered scholarships and I'm so excited especially as I'd only gotten 3 interviews. Good luck everyone C:

Waitlisted at UF :cryi: any advice or success stories for those who've been waitlisted?

I still haven’t gotten any responses (acceptance, waitlist or rejections) is anyone having the same problem?

University of Buffalo emailed me saying that I am placed in “Alternate Status” which means that they will periodically look back at my application and may accept me at “any moment, even a week before school starts in Aug”. I am currently panicking cause this is my top choice. Does this mean I am waitlisted? Havent gotten any other word from other schools today, just two rejections, just trying to stay positive.

University of Buffalo emailed me saying that I am placed in “Alternate Status” which means that they will periodically look back at my application and may accept me at “any moment, even a week before school starts in Aug”. I am currently panicking cause this is my top choice. Does this mean I am waitlisted? Havent gotten any other word from other schools today, just two rejections, just trying to stay positive.
it's better than a rejection...
stay positive and trust the process

For those who got accepted, how long do we have to complete the Certiphi background check stuff that was emailed to us? Thanks! :)

Waitlisted at UF :cryi: any advice or success stories for those who've been waitlisted?
Aw girl im sorry to hear! I got accepted today at 6 am. But if it's any consolation, a friend of mine who was accepted into UMich last year and was waitlisted in UF got into the class around June! So don't lose hope! I hope you got into another school that you were considering enrolling in.

Interview #3
School: Indiana University
Notification date: 2/2/21
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/14
Application complete date: 8/1/20
Undergraduate GPA: 2.79
Current Cumulative GPA(combined undergraduate/post bacc) (overall, science, BBCP): 3.02, 3.08, 3.03
Post-Bacc GPA (overall): 3.79(47 credit hours total)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/18/16/yes RC 16
Dates available: 2/11/21
Method of interview:
Virtual(Zoom)

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! First congratulations on the DAT score. A 20 AA is very respectable.

I would definitely reach out to individual schools to ask if your RC score will be acceptable. I assume most schools will strongly recommend you retake the DAT or will say they have a minimum score (usually 16 or so) for any subject.

A friend of mine scored poorly in QR (13) and admissions strongly suggested they retake the DAT. My friend did not retake the DAT (AA: 20) and still received invites/got accepted for a few of those schools. Important distinction though is QR is a subject typically deemed less important than the others so that could be a contributing factor.

I know there are studies that show RC to have the strongest correlation of success among students in dental school. So some schools may value this more than others. Based on memory I think ASDOH, LECOM, and UConn don’t place as high of an importance on RC. Consider reaching out to those schools for more information.

Also you scored really well so if you were to retake it I am confident you could improve on that RC score. Perhaps you got an extremely difficult RC section (happened to me— I scored considerably lower on RC than my practice exams, which was the only subject I saw such a large discrepancy for). But even an average RC score (17-18) will raise your AA to 21. The key however will be to ensure you keep your TS score or improve on it. But even if you drop down to 21 TS and score 18-19 on RC I think that’s a favorable trade off in the perspective of admissions.

If you’re confident you can improve your overall score and money is not an issue, I would retake the DAT. Also be aware of deadlines. The deadline to take the DAT for some schools may pass by the time you retake the DAT.
Would you mind sharing the schools your friend applied to? I have a high GPA but scored an 18AA 18PAT 14QR 16TS 29RC

Interview/Acceptance/Rejection #1
School: University of Florida
Notification date: October 23
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: September 11
GPA (science, overall): 3.45, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 17AA/17TS/17PAT/19Reading/ 15 GC and 15 QR
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/5
Method of interview: Virtual
Can I please DM you? I have similar stats

Status
Not open for further replies.