Official 2020-2021 Rheumatology Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It has been so quiet for me today...panic is now setting in.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if programs send invitations only once, on one day and that’s it?

Almost certainly rolling invites. I have seen places on here offer on one date and I have been invited on a later date. Hopeful some cancellations lead to more invites which with the lack of traveling could be more last minute

Reactions: 1 users
Almost certainly rolling invites. I have seen places on here offer on one date and I have been invited on a later date. Hopeful some cancellations lead to more invites which with the lack of traveling could be more last minute
Same here. Plus I am getting invites which I thought won't call me. And not from local programs :(

Reactions: 1 user
Same here. Plus I am getting invites which I thought won't call me. And not from local programs :(

Same situation. I have 7 interviews so far (applied to 60 programs) and have gotten no love from my in-state local programs but have gotten interviews from places I never thought would extend an interview.

I really thought the rolling invites would not happen this year, but it’s not true . I know at least for some programs they are holding off on sending all the invites in the first batch .

I really thought the rolling invites would not happen this year, but it’s not true . I know at least for some programs they are holding off on sending all the invites in the first batch .
This is probably smart given the likelihood of top candidates getting more and hoarding more interviews

Same situation. I have 7 interviews so far (applied to 60 programs) and have gotten no love from my in-state local programs but have gotten interviews from places I never thought would extend an interview.

I felt opposite... I only got 1 out of state interview, and the rest were all local. I was panicking because I thought programs were prioritizing local residents.

This is probably smart given the likelihood of top candidates getting more and hoarding more interviews

Agree! I would encourage all you top candidates to only interview at places you can really see yourself going :p leave some good ones for the rest of us haha

I'm not a top applicant by any means, but I did cancel a few interviews this week that I had taken in the beginning out of worry I wouldn't get more

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree! I would encourage all you top candidates to only interview at places you can really see yourself going :p leave some good ones for the rest of us haha

I'm not a top applicant by any means, but I did cancel a few interviews this week that I had taken in the beginning out of worry I wouldn't get more
Thanks. It means you are a top candidate. I hope to get some of your cancellations come this way :)

Hey everyone im new here . I have been following for few days
Any other IMGs who need visa are having a slow season so far?
I'm starting to panic now

Hey everyone im new here . I have been following for few days
Any other IMGs who need visa are having a slow season so far?
I'm starting to panic now
It has been slow for me here too, I don’t even need a visa.
Nothing to do but to stay optimistic and wait for the second rounds of invites

It has been slow for me too.. IMG here.. on the 1st week I got a few but nothing since 8/24 :(. I am curious to see how other IMGs are doing?

It has been slow for me too.. IMG here.. on the 1st week I got a few but nothing since 8/24 :(. I am curious to see how other IMGs are doing?
I hear you. Its been slow for me . I thought its gonna get better this week but nothing has happened

How many interviews do you guys think would be likely sufficient this year?

I applied late on the Aug 27. IMG with green card. No interviews yet. Is there any hope for this year?

IMG needing Visa here. Nothing since 8/24 for me too. I was expecting something this week but nothing. Losing optimism.

IMG needing Visa here. Nothing since 8/24 for me too. I was expecting something this week but nothing. Losing optimism.
IMG needing VISA here nothing for the last 2 weeks. What are your credentials?

Why aren't you guys keeping a running tally of interview locations? It's nice to see which programs haven't started inviting people yet.

I applied late on the Aug 27. IMG with green card. No interviews yet. Is there any hope for this year?

Hard to say this year, but it seems that most places are starting to send out a second wave of invites.. especially those who did the first wave early (based on the google doc)

AMG-MD:
8/13- Johns Hopkins
8/14- University of Florida, Jacksonville
8/15- Oregon Health & Science University
8/17- Virginia Commonwealth University, University of Iowa, Emory, Henry Ford
8/18- Loyola, University of Pennsylvania
8/20- UT Southwestern, University of Cincinnati
8/21- Vanderbilt
8/24- Cedars Sinai
8/25- Carilion CliniC
8/26- University of West Virginia, University of Virginia, Baylor
8/27- UNC Chapel Hill

AMG-DO:
8/25- Carilion Clinic
8/26- WVU

IMG-US (does NOT need Visa):
8/17- Virginia Commonwealth University, University of Iowa, Emory
8/18- Boston university, LSU, Henry Ford
8/19- GWU, University of Florida- Gainesville, LSU-Shreveport
8/21- Medical College of Wisconsin, Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson, UCSF
8/24- Rush University, Medstar Georgetown University
8/25- UF Jacksonville, Carilion Clinic
8/26- Albert Einstein Hospital
8/27- Cooper, Loma Linda, University of Rochester
8/28 - UT San Antonio, USC+LAC, UMass
8/31- Ascension St. John
9/01- Medstar/Georgetown- Washington Hospital, Westchester Medical
9/03- University of Minnesota, Zucker SOM

IMG-International (needs Visa):
8/18: Loyola, Boston university
8/24: Henry Ford, Einstein-Montefiore, Medstar Georgetown University, University of Miami/Jackson
8/25: Carilion Clinic, University of Florida Jacksonville, University of Iowa

Please update your interviews here:

We arent using website tallies anymore. Thank you.

Programs are just recovering from the long weekend. Tomorrow onward we should see some activity.

Not sure if I can cross the magical number. Got 7 so far. Only hope is if they send the second round of invites. So far very quiet today.

Not sure if I can cross the magical number. Got 7 so far. Only hope is if they send the second round of invites. So far very quiet today.
I think 7 is a good number. Hopefully this week will be better

I am restricted geographically , IMG needs a Visa , got so far 2 IV only and starting to freak out

So many programs that haven’t sent anything yet. Not a single wave.

Doing my part to cancel some guys I hope they come to you!

How many interviews we should have by now to be on the safe side ?

How many interviews we should have by now to be on the safe side ?
I read 10. But that looks like not happening. I have 7 so far. Last few days has been entirely quiet.

One of the interview just came through thalamus in an old email from medical school which is not the email set up through eras or my application . No notice through ERAS, wouldn’t have even noticed if I wasn’t randomly glancing through it , which I never do . God knows how long it’s been sitting there . Make sure to check whatever emails are connected through thalamus, if that was previously set up.

I don't know. Its frustrating. I wonder how other specialities are doing .
I hope programs are not done with interviews invites

I just got University of Arizona today. I don't think programs are quite done yet.

Up to nine now, just one more until the supposedly magic number

I’m surprised I haven’t heard from any of the community programs. Anyone heard anything from the Larkin community system?