Official 2020-2021 Rheumatology Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it a good idea to connect PD on linkedin. I happened to find the Pd who took my IV and sent her request. However, she has not accepted and it says someone from that particular program viewed your profile and now I am freaking out that I did the wrong thing.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it a good idea to connect PD on linkedin. I happened to find the Pd who took my IV and sent her request. However, she has not accepted and it says someone from that particular program viewed your profile and now I am freaking out that I did the wrong thing.

Wrong move. Should’ve waited for the match first.

Reactions: 1 users
Seems like most programs have sent the first wave of interviews. I wonder if there will be a second wave. I got 3 rejection and waitlist emails yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like most programs have sent the first wave of interviews. I wonder if there will be a second wave. I got 3 rejection and waitlist emails yesterday.

Just got an invite today with U Arkansas. No idea if it's part of the first wave or second wave (assuming there are waves), but I tend to think the latter.

I haven't heard anything since September 1st.I applied to 30+ programs and got 5 interviews only . Do I have a chance this year?

I haven't heard anything since September 1st.I applied to 30+ programs and got 5 interviews only . Do I have a chance this year?

You have 5 interviews! That's 5 chances to match. Nobody really knows how things are going to pan out this year so I wouldn't count myself out until December 2.

I know people who match with 1 interview. So, YES you have a chance.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm only getting rejections now haha

I am getting rejections now. On the number, I have 8 so far.

I'm only getting rejections now haha

I prefer the silent rejections.
Every time I get a little email ping notification saying "ERAS..." my heart does a little flip only to die a little inside when I see the rejection

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, does anyone want to exchange their interview at Ochsner health? Mine one is on oct 9th. Let me know.

Somebody screwed up the whole Google sheet!!! A lot of dates are deleted!!!

Somebody screwed up the whole Google sheet!!! A lot of dates are deleted!!!

Look at “sort by date received.” That one is more updated. It’s on the bottom.

Does anyone know if there is fellowship rating website like doximity or freida for residency?

Did anyone get a confirmation email from Case Western regarding interview date ?

I know I keep asking and I apologize,
Just wondering if anyone heard from UTMB?

Any one interviewed with University of IOWA already ?

Anyone received interview from Roger Williams in Rhode Island??

Did anyone ended up receiving an interview offer after being waitlisted ? I'm just wondering if that is possible this season

I am guessing we are pretty much near the end of interview invitations this season, no?

I am guessing we are pretty much near the end of interview invitations this season, no?
I don't think so. I have received two new interview invites in the last two days. Many programs may be done but not all!

Did anyone get an interview from UC Davis? If so did they ever send out dates? Or just an interview offer??

anyone got IV from Larkin hospital?? I got 1 but I am wondering how is this place?

Thanks

Anyone get invite from Roger Williams? It’s still empty on the spreadsheet.

Don’t know if anyone really knows the answer to this but —- any ideas if programs typically submit their ROL of candidates shortly after their interviews conclude or do they wait until closer to the deadline?

Anyone know if theres a list of reviews/impressions for programs? cant find one

Don’t know if anyone really knows the answer to this but —- any ideas if programs typically submit their ROL of candidates shortly after their interviews conclude or do they wait until closer to the deadline?

Our program finalizes the rank list 1 week before it is due.

any one has IV at LSU sheverport? Please

what does "filled" on the spread sheet mean? how would anyone know if a program is "filled" until after the match??

Also I only applied to about 20 programs and have 3 interviews so far...are my chances of not matching high?

thanks

hard to say. i guess it depends on how strong of a candidate u are, how well u “zoom interviewed”, whether or not u have a home program

Its been so quiet on this forum lately

I hope everyone is having a good season and good luck with the match

Looks like interview season is almost over. I got 10 ivs. Hoping to get over the finish line.

when i applied last year i felt like i was in the dark. happy to help answer any questions on “how should i rank” that might come up.

Reactions: 2 users
when i applied last year i felt like i was in the dark. happy to help answer any questions on “how should i rank” that might come up.
Yes that would be very helpful. Any comments on Ohio state for rheumatology? Cleveland clinic? Rush program? Loyola program?

That’s really nice of you. I feel clear about top and bottom of my ROL but struggling with middle. Open minded about rheum career goals.

Any thoughts on any of these programs:
Westchester Medical Center
Albany
Hofstra/Northwell/Zucker
U of Texas San Antonio
USF
Emory

Last edited:
Hi

Do you have any input on the programs at Yale, UPMC , BIDMC and Georgetown and how they compare with each other ? Also for Cleveland Clinic and Emory- They both are big names but the sense I got was that these places are predominantly clinical programs and not big on doing any research and I wanted to know if that was your impression as well

Any insight would be super helpful!

Thank you

Yes that would be very helpful. Any comments on Ohio state for rheumatology? Cleveland clinic? Rush program? Loyola program?

Also curious about the ohio programs. Didnt get the best of vibes from OHSU.

^I got good vibes from Ohio State.. I thought the PD seemed wonderful!

Cleveland Clinic of course has very strong rheum faculty.. most of them are leaders in the field. I just wish their interview day had been a little longer so I could have learned more about the program

Hi

Do you have any input on the programs at Yale, UPMC , BIDMC and Georgetown and how they compare with each other ? Also for Cleveland Clinic and Emory- They both are big names but the sense I got was that these places are predominantly clinical programs and not big on doing any research and I wanted to know if that was your impression as well

Any insight would be super helpful!

Thank you

It all depends what you want to do: clinical trials, outcomes research, bench research.

Some thoughts:
Yale is a basic research powerhouse.
BIDMC gives you access to collaborators across the city of Boston if you are creative.
Georgetown is not in the same tier, but if you are interested in OA, this may be the place for you.
Cleveland Clinic is a prominent program, focus on vasculitis.

That’s really nice of you. I feel clear about top and bottom of my ROL but struggling with middle. Open minded about rheum career goals.

Any thoughts on any of these programs:
Westchester Medical Center
Albany
Hofstra/Northwell/Zucker
U of Texas San Antonio
USF
Emory

you’re middle of the road programs seem to have a NE and southern flavor to them.

i think theyre all fine programs, and this is my own bias, but last year for my “middle of the ROL programs”, i ranked them based on
“us news ranking” and livability of city. i would also take into account “i would be willing to live in this area after i graduate“

me personally? id rank them as
emory
hofstra
san antonio/ usf
albany/weschester

again all great programs would be happy to go to any

Last edited: