***Official 2020-2021 URM Dental School Application Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JustFlossy

Pediatric Resident | PGY-2 🦷👶🏾
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, y'all! I didn't see a thread for the pre-dental students for the last cycle, so I wanted to create one for this upcoming application period!

The AADSAS application is opening soon and I'm sending nothing but positive vibes out to all my fellow URM folks. I'm hoping this can act as a source of centralized support and encouragement considering the stress that comes with applying to school, probably even more so with the current state of the world.

Please feel free to share your URM identity (Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American/Alaskan, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander), if you're non-traditional, and any questions you would like answered. Current and incoming URM dental students, please feel free to jump in and help where you can! Y'all are going to kill it! #ironsharpeniron #fortheculture

Important Dates:
- ADEA AADSAS opens: May 12, 2020
- First day to submit application: June 16, 2020 (CHANGED ON 5/9)
- 1st Academic Update period: August 14-September 30, 2020
- Decision Day: December 1, 2020
- 2nd Academic Update period: December 4, 2020 - February 3, 2021
- ADEA AADSAS closes: February 3, 2021
 
Last edited:
Black/African American
27Y/O- Nontraditional
Currently serving in the Army reserves -10years down
Dental assistant for 4 years now
I have a 3.22 GPA/ 3.06 SGPA
DAT-August
I don't know my chances of getting in but I am going to put my best foot forward
Sending positivity and light you’re way. You got this
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad