USMLE Official 2020 Step 1 Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMDoc22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since one hasn't been started, figured I'd start this for all us M2s and M3s taking Step this coming year.

DO student interested in EM. Estimated test date is mid June.

Goal is 230+ but I'd be happy with 225+.

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Comlex scores are up. got a 523 which is a little dissapointing, really wanted at least a 550, but whatever, I got a 231 on step and thats what really matters

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
not sure if i should be concerned about this but my mature % correct on anki has been decreasing in the past couple of months

From like 90-93, I'm at 83-87% correct nowadays

Not sure if I should be concerned since I have over 10,000+ cards in flux now

thoughts?

Thats about what I had. My correct % for my mature cards after completing anking was 84%. Idk if thats good or bad

Heck ya man those are fire scores! Would you mind posting your stats for 18, UWSAs, reddit score predictor, UW % correct first pass? My score comes out weds and i'm currently freaking out lolz goal was 250+

My UW% was 81%. I didn't take 18, I only took the free ones they gave out for COVID. My UWSAs expired so idk how to check those, but the reddit score predictor for me was 253ish so pretty accurate.

Reactions: 1 user
not sure if i should be concerned about this but my mature % correct on anki has been decreasing in the past couple of months

From like 90-93, I'm at 83-87% correct nowadays

Not sure if I should be concerned since I have over 10,000+ cards in flux now

thoughts?
mine was around 75-80% once I had no more new cards.

cool thanks guys

also, I just started a q-bank and I'm getting wrecked by it at the moment lmao

is that supposed to be normal? we haven't really dived super deep into pathology yet

cool thanks guys

is that supposed to be normal? we haven't really dived super deep into pathology yet
Yes. it also depends on what wrecked means. 65% on a in house exam is a failing grade. 65% on a step assessment is often in the 220s

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My UW% was 81%. I didn't take 18, I only took the free ones they gave out for COVID. My UWSAs expired so idk how to check those, but the reddit score predictor for me was 253ish so pretty accurate.
What was ur score in those ??

I think my permit disappeared. Im ****ting bricks guys. Im more nervous than I was the morning taking it. Praying for 250+, 245+ ill still be super happy and 240+ ill be slightly disappointed but still sleep at night lol
Same boat lol Im just praying im in the 240s

cool thanks guys

Are you just beginning 2nd year? Pretty normal, you haven't covered like 90% of the material yet lol. This is why I didn't start qbanks until second semester M2.

Are you just beginning 2nd year? Pretty normal, you haven't covered like 90% of the material yet lol. This is why I didn't start qbanks until second semester M2.

yeah, I just started

I was told to start early with people saying that questions are a good way to learn and that the more you do, the higher you will score

yeah, I just started

I was told to start early with people saying that questions are a good way to learn and that the more you do, the higher you will score
Whatever works for you! It just depends on how you like to learn. For me, I always did questions at the end of my studying, even for in class exams, I'd do them the weekend before the test. Others would start from day 1 of the course. Doing questions before I knew the info felt like a waste to me, because I didn't have all of the knowledge to properly answer the question and it would just stress me out. It also just felt like a waste of my time. Amount of questions is definitely important, so if you want to start earlier and you feel that works for you, go for it! Just don't be super disappointed if you aren't scoring high in step qbanks in the first month of M2 lol. For reference, I scored a 255 and didn't start qbanks till March of M2 outside of the practice questions I did for class (Robbins review for M2).

Reactions: 1 users
Why indomethacin used in nephrogenic DI ???
Indomethacin is an NSAID, so it blocks prostaglandins in the kidney. Prostaglandins can interfere with ADH ability to concentrate urine which is actually the issue in nephrogenic DI. You block prostaglandins and you help the kidney have a better response to ADH by decreasing urine output and increasing urine osmolarity.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Yewwwwwwww! Congratttsss. When did u test and how accurate was reddit predictor/were u in ur CI??
Don’t have laptop in clinic so not 100% sure but I think predictor had me at 257 or 258 so pretty damn close, I think CI was pretty small, like 253-262 or something, tested July 27

Watch as @Deecee2DO walk with the first 260 on this thread haha. Either way, no matter how you did, you bust your ass hard for it, so keep your head up and trust that you will be Ok. I'm sure you did great. Waiting to hear as well lol.

• Love
Watch as @Deecee2DO walk with the first 260 on this thread haha. Either way, no matter how you did, you bust your ass hard for it, so keep your head up and trust that you will be Ok. I'm sure you did great. Waiting to hear as well lol.
Thank you! Means a lot. Yall are the absolute best on here #SDNcrewlife

same im not checkin till i get out lol

Your self control is literally inspiring. I’d 100% be that person that leaves in the middle of seeing a patient if I knew my score was available lol. I can’t wait to hear how you did!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
REAL DEAL: 253!!!!!!
I am shaking right now omg!!!! I appreciate everyone’s advice and encouragement! UWSA2 was basically spot on for me.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
After DC2DO reports his score I am going to calculate the average step 1 for this thread. It will not be a 231, I can tell you that.