Official 2020 Step 2 CK Experiences With Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

libertyyne

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lets get this started. You know the routine.
Mid Tier MD
Step 1 250-255
mid tier everything.

I need 10 more points compared to my step 1

Not a bad idea to talk about shelves either.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I did very little studying for Level 2....it was all pretty much Step 2 studying as the tests were taken one day after the other. What I did do for Level 2 was go over chapman points and viscerosomatics. I didn't bother with the UWorld SAs for Step 2 and I didn't take any NBMEs or COMSAEs either....I was just too burned out. I did UWorld and TrueLearn questions though.
The one section I didn't perform well on Step 2 was psychiatry....but I'm on my psych clerkship now, so that probably plays a role.
The one section of Level 2 I didn't do too well was on OMT....setting up patients for C.S., HVLA, etc.

The advantage I think I had was that I was taking both Step2 and Level 2 very soon after Step/Level 1: Step/Level 1 end of May. Step/Level 2 end of September.

Step 1: 241
Step 2: 261
Level 1: 677
Level 2: 753

Reactions: 1 users
I did very little studying for Level 2....it was all pretty much Step 2 studying as the tests were taken one day after the other. What I did do for Level 2 was go over chapman points and viscerosomatics. I didn't bother with the UWorld SAs for Step 2 and I didn't take any NBMEs or COMSAEs either....I was just too burned out. I did UWorld and TrueLearn questions though.
The one section I didn't perform well on Step 2 was psychiatry....but I'm on my psych clerkship now, so that probably plays a role.
The one section of Level 2 I didn't do too well was on OMT....setting up patients for C.S., HVLA, etc.

The advantage I think I had was that I was taking both Step2 and Level 2 very soon after Step/Level 1: Step/Level 1 end of May. Step/Level 2 end of September.

Step 1: 241
Step 2: 261
Level 1: 677
Level 2: 753
That’s awesome!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
received my Level 2-CE today as well. I barely did any UWorld for step 2 (like 10% of questions), haven’t scheduled any Step 2 (probably won’t at this point). I also didn’t do much of Comquest q-bank but I did some (400?), plus I did catalyst, and I took the COMSAE the school gave us. Also flipped through some OMT stuff and Turnup Anki deck the 2 days before.

Level 1 July 2019: 478
Step 1 8/22: 223

Catalyst: 72% correct
Comquest q-bank: 73% correct, predicted 600
UWorld step 2: 56% correct, 10% done
Comsae: 770
Level 2 10/11: 599

Reactions: 2 users
received my Level 2-CE today as well. I barely did any UWorld for step 2 (like 10% of questions), haven’t scheduled any Step 2 (probably won’t at this point). I also didn’t do much of Comquest q-bank but I did some (400?), plus I did catalyst, and I took the COMSAE the school gave us. Also flipped through some OMT stuff and Turnup Anki deck the 2 days before.

Level 1 July 2019: 478
Step 1 8/22: 223

Catalyst: 72% correct
Comquest q-bank: 73% correct, predicted 600
UWorld step 2: 56% correct, 10% done
Comsae: 770
Level 2 10/11: 599

Huge improvement on Level 2. You should be proud. It'll definitely look good to programs.

• Love
Score back today, 258 on the real thing.
Uworld 1: 247 (before pandemic started)
Uworld 2: 249 (week before real thing)

Reactions: 3 users
sorry put wrong score for Uworld 2

Score back today, 258 on the real thing.
Uworld 1: 247 (before pandemic started)
Uworld 2: 259 (week before real thing)

Uworld 2 actually was spot on lmao

How was UWSA1 in feel/predictiveness for people? I've been super procrastinating on step 2 studying and now have to take it in 10 days and just took first self assessment today, which actually could have gone a lot worse. I'm trying to get a sense of whether I need to be putting in 14 hour days for the next 2 weeks like I originally thought or if I can be a little bit more relaxed with my studying.

How was UWSA1 in feel/predictiveness for people? I've been super procrastinating on step 2 studying and now have to take it in 10 days and just took first self assessment today, which actually could have gone a lot worse. I'm trying to get a sense of whether I need to be putting in 14 hour days for the next 2 weeks like I originally thought or if I can be a little bit more relaxed with my studying.

I scored in between uw1 and uw2, and slightly above nbme 8. Make sure to do the new free 120 as well in the next 10 days!

ive heard people say so many different things, but I found the real thing to be pretty similar to the that second uworld2 sim. That first sim was so long ago I cant really remember tbh. My caveat uworld wise is that the pandemic really prolonged my study time and I did a full second pass of the like 3800 uworld questions or wtv and then did Uworld 2 like days before the real thing, so my thinking may be very uworld biased

I scored in between uw1 and uw2, and slightly above nbme 8. Make sure to do the new free 120 as well in the next 10 days!

Was planning on doing both old and new free 120. Did you feel like you needed to do any NBMEs? Trying to avoid those if possible.

Edit: Also reviewing now - UWSA1 has kind of a weird topic distribution. I feel like a solid 15+ questions were spontaneous bacterial peritonitis, pancoast tumors, and myopathies.

Last edited:
I took it a couple weeks out after months of not studying and it underpredicted me by about 6 points (I think). Turned up the anki after that and uwsa 2 was the exact score on the real deal.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took it a couple weeks out after months of not studying and it underpredicted me by about 6 points (I think). Turned up the anki after that and uwsa 2 was the exact score on the real deal.

Okay that's good to hear! Mostly just wanted to make sure it wasn't like UWSA1 for step 1 where you want to be scoring 10+ points higher than goal.

it overpredicted me by 4 points i think

Was planning on doing both old and new free 120. Did you feel like you needed to do any NBMEs? Trying to avoid those if possible.

Edit: Also reviewing now - UWSA1 has kind of a weird topic distribution. I feel like a solid 15+ questions were spontaneous bacterial peritonitis, pancoast tumors, and myopathies.

NBMEs aren't needed. Just focus on uw1/2 and free 120s. And get rest before test day. 8 blocks is long AF

If you have Uworld Step 2 and have done the exam and haven't used your reset, please DM me. Studying for step 3 and would like to review it

NBME out with teasers. Got an email from advisor that i had passed this morning, then an email from nbme that results will be available at 11:00.
Bro just email me when they are available so i dont freak out for an hour.
All of this during a virtual interview.

Step 2 CK 255-260.
I think its a percentile drop compared to my step 1, and probably could have done a lot better, but frankly I didnt care.

Reactions: 6 users
Step 2 CK 255-260.
I think its a percentile drop compared to my step 1, and probably could have done a lot better, but frankly I didnt care.

That's 100% where I'm at right now. If I get 255+ on step 2 I'm happy. There are so many mid-yield things (Stroke locations? Vaccine schedules? Vasculitides? Immunodeficiencies?) that I 70% know but would be trying to hammer hard if I was aiming for a killer score. Instead, I'm 5 days out from my test, in the middle of a 2 week dedicated, and still only studying about 6 hours a day (and counting listening to Divine podcasts while out for runs with my son as 1.5 hours of that).

Honestly, throughout this year on shelfs and recently on the old free 120 and UWSA1, I still feel like I'm mostly coasting on step 1 knowledge.

That's 100% where I'm at right now. If I get 255+ on step 2 I'm happy. There are so many mid-yield things (Stroke locations? Vaccine schedules? Vasculitides? Immunodeficiencies?) that I 70% know but would be trying to hammer hard if I was aiming for a killer score. Instead, I'm 5 days out from my test, in the middle of a 2 week dedicated, and still only studying about 6 hours a day (and counting listening to Divine podcasts while out for runs with my son as 1.5 hours of that).

Honestly, throughout this year on shelfs and recently on the old free 120 and UWSA1, I still feel like I'm mostly coasting on step 1 knowledge.
I think step 1 studying paid dividends throughout year 3, and now with step 2 CK.
Best advice to m1's is bust your behind for step 1, since everything just builds off of it.

Reactions: 7 users
Can someone explain the percentile scores to me as compared to Step 1? For example, you scored a 200 on Step 1, which would equal about 218 on Step 2 CK around the 8th percentile, would you need to actually theoretically perform better on CK to match your Step 1 score? Or does the score seem adjusted because there are 40 more questions on Step 2 CK than on Step 1. I've never quite understood this at all because it seems to me that around 58% is still passing for Step 2 CK? Anyone who knows a lot more about this explain this to me?

would you need to actually theoretically perform better on CK to match your Step 1 score?
Yeah, numerically speaking. A 240 on Step 1 is higher percentile than a 240 on Step 2, so if you want to technically have improved percentile wise, you would need >240 on Step 2.

Yeah, numerically speaking. A 240 on Step 1 is higher percentile than a 240 on Step 2, so if you want to technically have improved percentile wise, you would need >240 on Step 2.
Thanks, FLdoctorgirl. I guess my question is, are they still equivalent though? Does the fact we have 40 more questions on Step 2 CK make up for the difference in the higher score difference on Step 2 CK? This might sound like a stupid question but the whole thing never made sense to me. lol

Thanks, FLdoctorgirl. I guess my question is, are they still equivalent though? Does the fact we have 40 more questions on Step 2 CK make up for the difference in the higher score difference on Step 2 CK? This might sound like a stupid question but the whole thing never made sense to me. lol
I don't think anyone takes into account that there are 40 more questions on CK, it's still a standardized exam so the amount of questions doesn't make a difference. The general advice is to score equal to or greater than your Step 1 score.

Can someone explain the percentile scores to me as compared to Step 1? For example, you scored a 200 on Step 1, which would equal about 218 on Step 2 CK around the 8th percentile, would you need to actually theoretically perform better on CK to match your Step 1 score? Or does the score seem adjusted because there are 40 more questions on Step 2 CK than on Step 1. I've never quite understood this at all because it seems to me that around 58% is still passing for Step 2 CK? Anyone who knows a lot more about this explain this to me?
The distribution and score equivalents are different. This might be a function of everyone doing better on CK on average, however the percentiles reflect that higher scores may be lower in percentile in the pool of test takes.

I don't post here often, but SDN posts have been very helpful during my tenure, and I wanted to pay it forward to help others in the future.

USMLE Step 2CK score: 281

Study schedule:

I had finished all of UWorld at least 1.5 months out and had reset the qbank. I still had 1-2 rotations left in which time I would do the second pass of UWorld somewhere around 80 to 200 questions a day. I'd also do some reading and review my M3 books from my previous rotations throughout this time if I didn't feel like doing any questions. My overall strategy was to prioritize the shelf exams for each rotation and use that as a litmus test for how well I was prepared for said subject. Luckily, I had done well on most/all shelf exams so I was rather confident going into my dedicated study period. I had a little less than 4 weeks for dedicated which, honestly, was too long and wish I'd have taken closer to 2 or 3 weeks. During my dedicated, I had soured on UWorld because I wasn't learning anything new from redoing the qbank. I think I had only finished about 20% of the entire qbank on my second pass before I decided not to do UWorld anymore. Instead I focused on my specific notes I had kept throughout third-year (e.g., work-up for thyroid nodule, next best step in diagnosing gastrinoma, etc.). I studied somewhere between 3-5 hours for about 6 days a week during my dedicated time because I quickly realized that 4 weeks was too long and if I had studied longer more frequently, I'd get burned out and start forgetting simple things (which was happening to me by the end anyway). I focused on getting as much sleep as possible, eating good food, and life-things. I did all the NBME subject practice exams throughout my third-year, and did all of the practice exams during my dedicated time at least once a week.

A note on AMBOSS: I had used this sparingly throughout my third-year, but these questions were better to learn from than to hone the skills to do well on the shelf exams and Step 2. Therefore, I had used AMBOSS only for questions when I was tired of UWorld or reading and for the learning cards for my weak points.

Resources: I definitely re-read (quickly) the following during the last 1.5 months
-Step-up to medicine
-First Aid for Psychiatry
-Pestana's
-First Aid for Step I (I read this like a novel in the last two weeks)

Here are the resources I used for each rotation. I had usually completed most of the corresponding UWorld questions and review books a week or so before the start of each rotation:
Medicine: SU2M
Surgery: DeVirgilio
OB/GYN: BluePrints
Pediatrics: BRS
Psychiatry: First Aid for Psychiatry
Neurology: BluePrints
UWorld (1st pass): 80%
UWorld (2nd pass only did 25% or so of the entire qbank): 95%
MKSAP qbook

Here are my shelf exam scores and Step I I took before I started my PhD:
Medicine: >99th percentile
Surgery: 97th percentile
OB/GYN: 98th percentile
Pediatrics: 98th percentile
Psychiatry: 91st percentile
Neurology: 94th percentile
Step I: low 260s

Practice exams:
7 weeks out: NBME 7 = 250
5 weeks out: UWSA 1 = 263
4 weeks out: NBME 6 = 273
1 week out: NBME 8 = 273
5 days out UWSA 2 = 261
several days out: Free 120 = around 90%

The actual exam: I had 6 blocks of 40 questions and 2 blocks of 38 questions. Total of 2-3 audio/video questions. The breakdown of subjects were almost exactly what USMLE has posted on their website. I felt the actual questions were similar to the NBME practice exams and slightly easier than UWorld and the UWSAs. I finished each block with around 10 minutes left which I used to check and review answers or just take a quick spacing-out break. I took a real break after blocks 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7 where I'd go to the bathroom, have some snacks, etc. When I was finished, I had outlasted all of the other examiners at Prometric and half of the staff (it is a 9 hour exam after all...). I was rather tired and could think of about 7 or so questions I had definitely got wrong that I could remember. I marked about 5-10 questions per block.

I took Step 2CK in early November (before the proposed changes that USMLE said would take effect) and just received it on the second Wednesday a little after 11 am.

Pieces of advice:
-Do well on Step 1. Half of doing well on Step 2 is having a broad and deep foundation of knowledge from Step I
-Prioritize shelf exams. of my many years as a student, if there's one predictive measure of Step 2CK score, it's the shelf exams
-Do your own study method. I never used some resources like Anki others swear you'll need. You know how you study and learn best
-Be effective and have a system for everything. Whether it's studying, reviewing, reading, or answering a question.
-Learn everything as if it's the last time you'll see it. I remember a slew of topics on my exam that are known as "low-yield" that I saw once from Step I or from my medicine rotation a year ago.
-Be calm: this all happened during COVID... and if I can do it so can most of you
-Second passes of qbanks are overrated and (mostly) a waste of time
-Prioritize true NBME questions and do as many questions as possible. I probably did close to 6000-7000 questions throughout my third year in preparation for this exam

Good luck to everyone!
Hope that helps!
Reach out if anyone has any questions

FS
Edit: certain details may or may not have been slightly altered for purposes of anonymity.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
The distribution and score equivalents are different. This might be a function of everyone doing better on CK on average, however the percentiles reflect that higher scores may be lower in percentile in the pool of test takes.
I am sure this has been discussed ad nauseam before on this forum and I know it's pointless to even delve into the hypotheticals of all of this (and call this the waiting period of score release mind games after marking about 15 questions per block on the exam) but I guess this is what I don't quite understand. I've seen things posted elsewhere where 58% is about the average to pass USMLE Step 2 CK and I've seen others where Step 1 requires a bit of a higher average to pass. I am not sure if it's conjecture or not but it just seems strange, if there is a truth to any of it, that you need a higher 3 digit score on Step 2 CK without some sort of change to the score calculation.

I am sure this has been discussed ad nauseam before on this forum and I know it's pointless to even delve into the hypotheticals of all of this (and call this the waiting period of score release mind games after marking about 15 questions per block on the exam) but I guess this is what I don't quite understand. I've seen things posted elsewhere where 58% is about the average to pass USMLE Step 2 CK and I've seen others where Step 1 requires a bit of a higher average to pass. I am not sure if it's conjecture or not but it just seems strange, if there is a truth to any of it, that you need a higher 3 digit score on Step 2 CK without some sort of change to the score calculation.
no body knows anything regarding what percent of questions correct is required to pass these exams. Anyone who says otherwise is making up stuff. There are probably hundreds of variations on blocks and different questions that make up the pool. Those questions in the pool may have varying levels of difficulty and percent correct. There are sample questions that you may not know are going towards calibration of those questions and blocks compared to actually reporting out on your exam.

You may score higher on step 2, but others do as well. The result is the percentiles for those higher scores are lower.

How long did it take y'all to get scores? Was it 3 wednesdays like step 1?

Edit: although just realized I took it right after the new exam was implemented. Do you think that's going to delay scoring?

How long did it take y'all to get scores? Was it 3 wednesdays like step 1?

Edit: although just realized I took it right after the new exam was implemented. Do you think that's going to delay scoring?
See this post from this thread couple of months back:

Hi, I need an advice please,
I am currently an IMG medical resident

How can I finish IM from the UWorld Qbank with taking notes and get the most benefits from it as a learning tool within 1 month?

Appreciate your kind help 🙏🏻

So yestarday recieved my score (two weeks after taking the test). Immediately after taking the exam i felt like i failed. So much educated guessing, so many questions I didnt prepared for (even when doing uworld, UWSAs, NBMES...) but I passed! Trust your UWSA score, i got pretty much the same score as in those 2 uwsa.

How can I finish IM from the UWorld Qbank with taking notes and get the most benefits from it as a learning tool within 1 month?

Appreciate your kind help 🙏🏻

You should calculate how many questions you need to do per day to meet your goal.

For example, if you have 500 IM questions left and 1 month to complete them, you know you need to do 500/~30 days so you should be doing about 17 questions a day.

If you only have 1 month left, you can focus more on understanding the explanations rather than taking notes.

I don't post here often, but SDN posts have been very helpful during my tenure, and I wanted to pay it forward to help others in the future.

USMLE Step 2CK score: 281

Study schedule:

I had finished all of UWorld at least 1.5 months out and had reset the qbank. I still had 1-2 rotations left in which time I would do the second pass of UWorld somewhere around 80 to 200 questions a day. I'd also do some reading and review my M3 books from my previous rotations throughout this time if I didn't feel like doing any questions. My overall strategy was to prioritize the shelf exams for each rotation and use that as a litmus test for how well I was prepared for said subject. Luckily, I had done well on most/all shelf exams so I was rather confident going into my dedicated study period. I had a little less than 4 weeks for dedicated which, honestly, was too long and wish I'd have taken closer to 2 or 3 weeks. During my dedicated, I had soured on UWorld because I wasn't learning anything new from redoing the qbank. I think I had only finished about 20% of the entire qbank on my second pass before I decided not to do UWorld anymore. Instead I focused on my specific notes I had kept throughout third-year (e.g., work-up for thyroid nodule, next best step in diagnosing gastrinoma, etc.). I studied somewhere between 3-5 hours for about 6 days a week during my dedicated time because I quickly realized that 4 weeks was too long and if I had studied longer more frequently, I'd get burned out and start forgetting simple things (which was happening to me by the end anyway). I focused on getting as much sleep as possible, eating good food, and life-things. I did all the NBME subject practice exams throughout my third-year, and did all of the practice exams during my dedicated time at least once a week.

A note on AMBOSS: I had used this sparingly throughout my third-year, but these questions were better to learn from than to hone the skills to do well on the shelf exams and Step 2. Therefore, I had used AMBOSS only for questions when I was tired of UWorld or reading and for the learning cards for my weak points.

Resources: I definitely re-read (quickly) the following during the last 1.5 months
-Step-up to medicine
-First Aid for Psychiatry
-Pestana's
-First Aid for Step I (I read this like a novel in the last two weeks)

Here are the resources I used for each rotation. I had usually completed most of the corresponding UWorld questions and review books a week or so before the start of each rotation:
Medicine: SU2M
Surgery: DeVirgilio
OB/GYN: BluePrints
Pediatrics: BRS
Psychiatry: First Aid for Psychiatry
Neurology: BluePrints
UWorld (1st pass): 80%
UWorld (2nd pass only did 25% or so of the entire qbank): 95%
MKSAP qbook

Here are my shelf exam scores and Step I I took before I started my PhD:
Medicine: >99th percentile
Surgery: 97th percentile
OB/GYN: 98th percentile
Pediatrics: 98th percentile
Psychiatry: 91st percentile
Neurology: 94th percentile
Step I: low 260s

Practice exams:
7 weeks out: NBME 7 = 250
5 weeks out: UWSA 1 = 263
4 weeks out: NBME 6 = 273
1 week out: NBME 8 = 273
5 days out UWSA 2 = 261
several days out: Free 120 = around 90%

The actual exam: I had 6 blocks of 40 questions and 2 blocks of 38 questions. Total of 2-3 audio/video questions. The breakdown of subjects were almost exactly what USMLE has posted on their website. I felt the actual questions were similar to the NBME practice exams and slightly easier than UWorld and the UWSAs. I finished each block with around 10 minutes left which I used to check and review answers or just take a quick spacing-out break. I took a real break after blocks 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7 where I'd go to the bathroom, have some snacks, etc. When I was finished, I had outlasted all of the other examiners at Prometric and half of the staff (it is a 9 hour exam after all...). I was rather tired and could think of about 7 or so questions I had definitely got wrong that I could remember. I marked about 5-10 questions per block.

I took Step 2CK in early November (before the proposed changes that USMLE said would take effect) and just received it on the second Wednesday a little after 11 am.

Pieces of advice:
-Do well on Step 1. Half of doing well on Step 2 is having a broad and deep foundation of knowledge from Step I
-Prioritize shelf exams. of my many years as a student, if there's one predictive measure of Step 2CK score, it's the shelf exams
-Do your own study method. I never used some resources like Anki others swear you'll need. You know how you study and learn best
-Be effective and have a system for everything. Whether it's studying, reviewing, reading, or answering a question.
-Learn everything as if it's the last time you'll see it. I remember a slew of topics on my exam that are known as "low-yield" that I saw once from Step I or from my medicine rotation a year ago.
-Be calm: this all happened during COVID... and if I can do it so can most of you
-Second passes of qbanks are overrated and (mostly) a waste of time
-Prioritize true NBME questions and do as many questions as possible. I probably did close to 6000-7000 questions throughout my third year in preparation for this exam

Good luck to everyone!
Hope that helps!
Reach out if anyone has any questions

FS
Edit: certain details may or may not have been slightly altered for purposes of anonymity.

Congratulations on your excellent score.

I see you mentioned MKSAP qbook as part of the resources you used.

How useful was it? Did you do all 10 organ systems of the IM questions from Cardio to Skin?

Do you think that MKSAP 18 contributed a lot to your excellent score or was relevant?

I debated posting here or in the 2021 thread, but you guys are my class.
I took Step 2-CK today. It's too late to help with interviews, but could potentially help with ranking so I forged ahead.
After taking it, I am like.... feeling horrible and also I care less than other exams since it was so late.
So many nuances and 50/50 calls. Like I want to do action A+B almost simultaneously, but they're making me pick a first one.

Dream goal: 240
target: 230
content: 223 (match step 1)
yikes: pass
pain: fail

UWorld % (not even remotely finished, even less than step 1 which I only did 50%): 68
UWorld1: 236 (6 weeks out)
UWorld2: 250 (2 days out)

I took it on a 3 day weekend basically with 2 days off before. I've been on a core rotation so just barely trying to squeeze in step 2 specific studying vs just normal rotation studying.

Reddit excel score predictor: 248
Predict me website: 249 +/- 7

Last edited:
Congratulations on your excellent score.

I see you mentioned MKSAP qbook as part of the resources you used.

How useful was it? Did you do all 10 organ systems of the IM questions from Cardio to Skin?

Do you think that MKSAP 18 contributed a lot to your excellent score or was relevant?
I only used MKSAP because I was running out of questions and did not want to use AMBOSS for the reason I stated in my original post. I think I had completed almost all of it. Doing 40-50 questions a day, it was pretty easy to finish it in less than 2 weeks.

I 100% believe you can ace Step 2 without MKSAP.

For those of yall that got 250s and 260s on Step 2 where did yall start out at percentage wise on UWorld? My goal is 250s/260s since I got mid 250s on Step 1 and my percentage right now doesnt look too hot so im kind of nervous. Im about 18%-20% through the bank and currently at 67% correct. By around how much did your percent creep up as you finished the bank? Cant believe how much different and worse im doing on the CK bank compared to Step 1. Each rotation I do UWorld OME and Comquest. I dont do anki because I hate it lol

For those of yall that got 250s and 260s on Step 2 where did yall start out at percentage wise on UWorld? My goal is 250s/260s since I got mid 250s on Step 1 and my percentage right now doesnt look too hot so im kind of nervous. Im about 18%-20% through the bank and currently at 67% correct. By around how much did your percent creep up as you finished the bank? Cant believe how much different and worse im doing on the CK bank compared to Step 1. Each rotation I do UWorld OME and Comquest. I dont do anki because I hate it lol
I didn’t start out too hot either. It takes some time to get used to the questions and question style, because they are subtly different than Step 1. My question approach was very different for Step 2.

I also didn’t do Anki for Step 2 after hammering it for Step 1, I suggest listening to the Divine Intervention podcasts as question supplementation. He’s legit the Goljan of Step 2, says stuff that will show up word for word on your test. Way better than OME IMO. OME is good for actual clinical medicine, but not for taking Step 2.

• Love
I didn’t start out too hot either. It takes some time to get used to the questions and question style, because they are subtly different than Step 1. My question approach was very different for Step 2.

I also didn’t do Anki for Step 2 after hammering it for Step 1, I suggest listening to the Divine Intervention podcasts as question supplementation. He’s legit the Goljan of Step 2, says stuff that will show up word for word on your test. Way better than OME IMO. OME is good for actual clinical medicine, but not for taking Step 2.
Ill def start listening to Divine then bc I loved Goljan. Did you have a tough time understanding Divine? I tried in the beginning of year and couldnt comprehend him on double speed. Ill def try it again but maybe this time on 1.25-1.5x speed or something. Thanks for your advice man

I think I started out at about 70%, though that was deflated by starting on Ob. Finished around 80%, only really felt like I was getting the hang of CK questions in the last 300 or so questions of the qbank.