Official 2021-2022 Rheumatology Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm a DO graduate and a return applicant (I graduated 3 years ago and practicing since then). I received one rejection from Carilion Clinic but otherwise have not heard back at all. I applied last year too and the interview invites were quicker for me (although the interview season was on a more condensed schedule because it opened in August). The rejections came later in the season for me last year. I hope to hear back this week, it seems like for many of us it may be slower than usual? I'm nervous but at least confident I put my best foot forward this year

Members don't see this ad.

I’m finding many programs are conducting interviews on Tuesdays, making scheduling quite difficult.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey. Did you get interview from Hopkins? on 7/18? it was before application submitted.
I think that it is a "courtesy interview." I am at Hopkins now, and it seems that in-house residents are often invited to interview.

Thank you!

I mentioned above that I received a single invitation from U Penn. I was told that it was unusually early for one to go out, though--last week. Good luck to you!
And to you! Yes, that U Penn invite was rather startling!

Hi, is anyone receiving rejection emails from the programs who sent out invites so far? It’s been complete radio silence for me 😔. Was wondering if last year there was cycle for invites or if they sent rejections?
No rejections yet. For residency, almost all my rejections were "silent rejections," though, so I am trying to moderate my hopes. Hang in there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news this week? It’s been super slow for me

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to everyone applying. Hopefully, next week is a better week.

Just got an invite from UIC.
IMG(will require a visa) here.

Slow for me as well. I think invites are done?
Man I hope not lol. I know some places are slower than others, but some people I know have 8-10 interviews already. Considering there's only 350 or so people applying, I'm not sure how far into the season interviews will continue to be offered. Is it reasonable to expect interviews in the 3rd/4th week of September?

Man I hope not lol. I know some places are slower than others, but some people I know have 8-10 interviews already. Considering there's only 350 or so people applying, I'm not sure how far into the season interviews will continue to be offered. Is it reasonable to expect interviews in the 3rd/4th week of September?
I’m hoping more invites will trickle in around September for me as people start to cancel interviews, but not banking on it.

I’m hoping more invites will trickle in around September for me as people start to cancel interviews, but not banking on it.
One of my friends in rheum fellowship told me most of her interview came in september. She is an IMG that didnt require visa.

Just two interviews. IMG on H1
Situation is critical

How are you guys approaching the question “Tell me about yourself?”

Has anyone heard from UCLA or UCI?

Anybody heard from case Western / Metrohealth
Uni of Arkansas
Temple?
Yes, university of Arkansas in the beginning of August and metro health a few days ago. Case Western sent out an invite yesterday.

Thoughts on interest emails if you know a program sent out invites a few weeks ago, but you havent received a rejection yet?

Thoughts on interest emails if you know a program sent out invites a few weeks ago, but you havent received a rejection yet?
I would say you have nothing to lose, especially if you have an update to your application.

It has been too slow for me, should I be expecting interviews in September or is this it ?

There are a few places that sent interviews last year in September. I think it's reasonable to stay hopeful because there's no way to predict for sure.
It has been too slow for me, should I be expecting interviews in September or is this it ?

what have u got to lose?

the way i see it: programs probably are tryna be hyperselective given the covid pandemic and probably everyone over applying because of it

if u legit r interested in a program, then let them know. whats the worst that happens? you’re back in the same spot u were before

I'm about to release a couple of interviews as I build my final list so I hope some of those go out to you fine folks. Good luck to everyone.

Any invites from California programs?

Hey guys, we can make a survey about overall situation with invitations so far

I'm curious to see the results

Any invites from California programs?
I got an invite from San Diego. Because of a change in life circumstances, though, I have to decline the West Coast interviews.

Has anyone been invited to the Cleveland Clinic?