Official 2021-2022 Rheumatology Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Residentdoc86

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Post everything here related to the 2021 - 2022 Rheumatology Fellowship Application. Good luck everyone!

AMG-MD:
AMG-DO:
IMG-US (does NOT need Visa):
IMG-International (needs Visa):
Rejections:

EDIT: 7/24. If anyone is interested in joining a Whatsapp group. The link is provided below.

EDIT: 7/26.

DateActivity
Jun 09ERAS 2022 season begins
Jun 10Tokens released
Jul 07Begin submitting applications
Jul 21Programs begin reviewing applications
Aug 25Match Registration Opens
Sep 29Rank Order List Entry Opens
Nov 03Quota Change Deadline
Nov 17Rank Order List Certification Deadline
Dec 01Match Day

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
gl everyone

i appreciated everyone’s insight when i applied for fellowship. I will check on this thread every now and then to help out where i can.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Going to shoot my shot this year too. Submitted last night. Best of luck to everyone!

Hello everyone, I am also applying this cycle. Did anyone receive any invites or acknowledgement emails yet?

I have not and I’m wondering the same. Any news on interview invites for anyone yet?
Hello everyone, I am also applying this cycle. Did anyone receive any invites or acknowledgement emails yet?

Hi Everyone,
I have. question regarding LOR. I appreciate if you guys can comment.
I am a resident in a community hospital. I have sent one letter from current residency PD and 2 letters from rheumatology fellowship PD of 2 different university programs. last letter which one should I choose?
1. from my current residency program chair of department
2. Rheumatology fellowship PD of a community hospital

Hi Everyone,
I have. question regarding LOR. I appreciate if you guys can comment.
I am a resident in a community hospital. I have sent one letter from current residency PD and 2 letters from rheumatology fellowship PD of 2 different university programs. last letter which one should I choose?
1. from my current residency program chair of department
2. Rheumatology fellowship PD of a community hospital

You only need 3 LOR. But some people submit 4 LOR.

but 4 makes application stronger
Not necessarily. If the contents of the 4th letter are lukewarm, it wouldn’t contribute to the application much. With regards to your question, I would choose the person who you are confident will write you a strong letter.

Agree with the above. The person who knows you best would provide a strong letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those who already have interviews. Please use the format below and post when and where you will be interviewing.

AMG-MD:

AMG-DO:

Rejections:

Congrats to those who already have interviews. Please use the format below and post when and where you will be interviewing.

AMG-MD:

AMG-DO:

Rejections:

AMG-MD: NYU Langone(10/4)

AMG-DO:

Rejections:

AMG-MD: NYU Langone(10/4)

AMG-DO:

Rejections:
Congrats on your interview. I think it might be more helpful to put the date you got the interview invite rather than the date of your interview so we know when certain programs are sending out invites.

Last edited:

AMG-MD: NYU Langone(7/24)

AMG-DO:

Rejections:

Edit*: changed date to reflect day of interview invite

Congrats to those getting interviews! Glad to know I'm not the only one waiting for confirmations of receipt o_O

AMG-MD:
NYU Langone 7/24, 7/28

AMG-DO:

Rejections:

Reactions: 1 user
AMG-MD:
NYU Langone 7/24, 7/28
Boston Uni 7/29

AMG-DO:

Rejections:

Here's an anonymous spreadsheet if people feel more comfortable updating this (copied from last year):

Link

Last edited:
AMG-MD:
NYU Langone 7/24, 7/28
Boston Uni 7/29
UCSF 7/29

AMG-DO:

Boston Uni 7/28
Henry Ford 7/29

Rejections:

I got an invitation from U Penn last week. At first, I thought that it had been sent in error, as there was no way to reply. Only 12 hours later did I see that a way to respond had opened up. It seemed very early! It was a relief to hear from someone, though!

Here's an anonymous spreadsheet if people feel more comfortable updating this (copied from last year):

Link

Thank you!

I have not and I’m wondering the same. Any news on interview invites for anyone yet?
I mentioned above that I received a single invitation from U Penn. I was told that it was unusually early for one to go out, though--last week. Good luck to you!

Good luck to everyone this week. Hoping for more movement.

Congrats to those getting interviews! Glad to know I'm not the only one waiting for confirmations of receipt o_O
It is still VERY early. I think (hope?) that those invitations will come our way as August gets underway.

AMG-MD: Johns Hopkins (7/18)
U Penn (7/28)
Cornell (8/2)

AMG-MD:
Montefiore Medical Center (8/3)

AMG-DO:

Rejections:

US IMG here. Haven't heard anything back yet from any program (even rejections or application acknowledgements). Based on prior experience, I feel like it's pretty standard for IMGs to hear later in the cycle (please correct me if I'm wrong). Hopefully we start to see some more movement in the next week or 2.

US IMG here. Haven't heard anything back yet from any program (even rejections or application acknowledgements). Based on prior experience, I feel like it's pretty standard for IMGs to hear later in the cycle (please correct me if I'm wrong). Hopefully we start to see some more movement in the next week or 2.
US IMG here. I have 2 interviews and 2 rejections so far. But hopefully we will get more soon.

Does anyone have any info on how Cedars Sinai is for fellowship?

Would anybody be interested in a WhatsApp group to discuss application cycle happenings? Message me if so and I can start a group

AMG-MD:
NYU Langone 7/24, 7/28
Boston Uni 7/29
UCSF 7/29
Johns Hopkins (7/18)
U Penn (7/28)
Cornell (8/2)

AMG-DO:

Boston Uni 7/28
Henry Ford 7/29
Lehigh Valley 8/10 (also waitlisted at Carilion Clinic on 8/10)

Rejections:

AMG-MD:
NYU Langone 7/24, 7/28
Boston Uni 7/29
UCSF 7/29
Johns Hopkins (7/18)
U Penn (7/28)
Cornell (8/2)

AMG-DO:
OHSU (8/4)
Ochsner Health (8/9)
University of Washington (8/10)
University of Vermont (8/10)
Dartmouth (8/12)

Boston Uni 7/28
Henry Ford 7/29
Lehigh Valley 8/10 (also waitlisted at Carilion Clinic on 8/10)

Rejections:

Last edited:
Hi, is anyone receiving rejection emails from the programs who sent out invites so far? It’s been complete radio silence for me 😔. Was wondering if last year there was cycle for invites or if they sent rejections?

Hi, is anyone receiving rejection emails from the programs who sent out invites so far? It’s been complete radio silence for me 😔. Was wondering if last year there was cycle for invites or if they sent rejections?
UPMC told me they are no longer sending out invites, but otherwise no other rejections.