**Official 2022 Dental Anesthesiology PASS/Interviews/Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys. heard anything from any program?

Members don't see this ad.

UPitt is a top notch school. Congrat. No one else got an invite from them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Upitt usually sends all at once or in batches?

No one from Illinois ? I remember they said by Oct 1st

Jacobi (email 10/4) virtual interview on 10/25 and 10/26

Info session on 10/19 or 10/21

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I feel like I just wanna forget the whole thing and go start working. It would’ve been more tolerable. 😔

I feel like I just wanna forget the whole thing and go start working. It would’ve been more tolerable. 😔
Keep your head up. You have accomplished so much already. Don't let this bring you down. You are a doctor. I'm going through it too, you're not alone.

Reactions: 2 users
Keep your head up. You have accomplished so much already. Don't let this bring you down. You are a doctor. I'm going through it too, you're not alone.
Ditto! We're still waiting to hear back from the other programs, so it's not over yet!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
there's not too many of us on this forum, we wont get the real picture. from what I hear there are 60-80 applicants this year
Less than I thought, I was expecting 100+ haha

100+ will be next cycle 😶
Not if programs start requiring CBSE.. I think it will narrow it down to people who are serious about it instead of everyone that applies because they think it’s convenient.

Reactions: 1 user
Not if programs start requiring CBSE.. I think it will narrow it down to people who are serious about it instead of everyone that applies because they think it’s convenient.
I completely agree with you. To avoid that, I took the CBSE already to save myself any trouble. I’m not sure how many other applicants took it though.

I completely agree with you. To avoid that, I took the CBSE already to save myself any trouble. I’m not sure how many other applicants took it though.
I think most of us took it.

Do you guys know what kind of score they’re looking for? Have they expressed a certain range theyre expecting from applicants?

Do you guys know what kind of score they’re looking for? Have they expressed a certain range theyre expecting from applicants?
I’m guessing similar to OMFS. So probably 70+.

• NYU (phone 10/6) — virtual interview 10/26 or 10/28.

Reactions: 3 users
Stony Brook should be sending invites soon!

NYU, Jacobi, Ohio, and Pitt have sent interview invites from my understanding

• Jacobi (email 10/7) — virtual interview 10/25 or 10/26. Informational session 10/19 or 10/21.

Reactions: 5 users
  • Jacobi (email 10/7) — virtual interview 10/25 or 10/26. Informational session 10/19 or 10/21.
Congrats! Looks like they sending out invites in batches

Stony Brook: email 10/9, virtual interview 10/29 or 10/30

Reactions: 3 users
To those that got interviews, did you have post-grad experience ? I know three other 2022 grads that has had no interviews

• Stony Brook (email 10/9) — virtual interview 10/28 or 10/29. Informational session 10/27.

Last edited:
Here's what I've gathered about invites so far - please update and correct as needed :thumbup:

Pretty sure these programs are done with invites:
  • Ohio - invite 9/28 (email), interview 10/18 (virtual)
    **I assume all invites have been sent out since interview is 1 week away

• Pitt - invite 10/1 (email), interview 10/15 (virtual)
Not sure:

• Jacobi - invite 10/4, 10/7 (email), interview 10/25 or 26 (virtual), info session for interviewees on 10/19 or 21 (virtual)
**It looks like they might be sending invites in batches. Last year they sent out rejection emails so if you haven’t heard from them, there’s a chance that they haven’t gotten to your app yet.
  • Stony Brook - invite 10/9 (email), interview 10/28-30 (virtual)
    **Anyone know if they're sending out interviews in batches or if they're done? I read that they all invites will be sent by 10/10

• NYU - invite 10/6 (email/phone), interview (10/26 or 28)
    **Anyone know if they're sending out interviews in batches or if they're done?

• Chicago - listed on PASS or their site that invites would be out by 10/1 and interview will be 10/23 (virtual) but no reports on SDN yet.
    **I think last year they sent out invites (email) ~ 1 week from their interview date so do what you wish with that info :unsure:

Probably haven't sent out yet/isn't finished sending out invites:

• St. Barnabas - deadline for apps is 10/15 so invites are probably not out or finished yet
    **Last year, they sent out interview at end of October

• Wyckoff - deadlines for apps in 11/1 so invites are probably not out or finished yet
    **Heard someone got an invite but it's 3 weeks until deadline so I'm probably wrong about which program or they really want this applicant :oops:
Does anyone know if applicants need to be eligible for a full NY state license?

Last edited:
Here's what I've gathered about invites so far - please update and correct as needed :thumbup:

Pretty sure these programs are done with invites:
  • Jacobi - invite 10/4, 10/7 (email), interview 10/25 or 26 (virtual), info session for interviewees on 10/19 or 21 (virtual)
    **Was considerate enough to send out rejection emails so you should know by now if you do or don't have an interview with them

• Ohio - invite 9/28 (email), interview 10/18 (virtual)

• Pitt - invite 10/1 (email), interview 10/15 (virtual)
Not sure:

• Stony Brook - invite 10/9 (email), interview 10/28-30 (virtual)
    **Anyone know if they're sending out interviews in batches or if they're done? I read that they all invites will be sent by 10/10

• NYU - invite 10/6 (email/phone), interview (10/26 or 28)
    **Anyone know if they're sending out interviews in batches or if they're done?

• Chicago - listed on PASS or their site that invites would be out by 10/1 and interview will be 10/23 (virtual) but no reports on SDN yet.
    **I think last year they sent out invites (email) ~ 1 week from their interview date so do what you wish with that info :unsure:

Probably haven't sent out yet/isn't finished sending out invites:

• St. Barnabas - deadline for apps is 10/15 so invites are probably not out or finished yet
    **Last year, they sent out interview at end of October

• Wyckoff - deadlines for apps in 11/1 so invites are probably not out or finished yet
    **Heard someone got an invite but it's 3 weeks until deadline so I'm probably wrong about which program or they really want this applicant :oops:
Does anyone know if applicants need to be eligible for a full NY state license?
Wait Jacobi sent out rejections already? what does it mean if you had not received one?

Wait Jacobi sent out rejections already? what does it mean if you had not received one?
Oh shoot, I think I got the rejection thing from the 2021 thread. I’ll fix it 😓 it seems like they are sending it out in batches so they might yet to review yours. I hope that if they’re not interested, they’ll send out rejection emails instead of ghosting candidates

Any one hear anything from Chicago yet? The interview is supposed to be in 10 days!

• Dislike
Advocate Masonic- email (10/14); video submission (10/18); virtual interview (10/23)

Reactions: 4 users
Pitt - done
Ohio, NYU, Chicago, Stony - probably done

Anyone hear from St. Barnabas or Wyckoff?

has anyone for chicago who submitted their video been given a time slot yet
No, haven't even received a confirmation. I am guessing he is waiting for the deadline to say.

nope lol I was thinking.. I hope my submission didn't go to spam and he missed it lol
Still no word either

On another note:

St Barnabas (email 10/19)- In-person interview on 11/3

Does anyone know if any DA program interviews all their externs as a courtesy?

Anyone hear of programs turning down any externs fit non covid related reasons (ie being told gpa is too low etc)

Anyone hear of programs turning down any externs fit non covid related reasons (ie being told gpa is too low etc)
I know some one as low as a 3.0 being accepted into a program. A GPA in the 2 s might be difficult to impress them