Official 2023 Osteopathic Match Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
seems like a great match list, especially for a new DO school

Part of me believes it comes down to the applicant and who they are. Fwiw I BELIEVE that if you work hard, do your absolute best, and stay motivated you have a solid chance at matching at a respectable place, despite your school name. Of course there are some students who fall through the cracks. Of course if you graduate from a T5 you’re going to end up at a nice place. But in general I think everyone has a solid chance if they work for it

Reactions: 8 users
Part of me believes it comes down to the applicant and who they are. Fwiw I BELIEVE that if you work hard, do your absolute best, and stay motivated you have a solid chance at matching at a respectable place, despite your school name. Of course there are some students who fall through the cracks. Of course if you graduate from a T5 you’re going to end up at a nice place. But in general I think everyone has a solid chance if they work for it
It all comes down to the applicant (board scores, clerkship grades, research, connections, interview personality) not the school specifically for DO applicants. My school did nothing for me in helping me match where I matched-its a DO school aka thats not helping me get in anywhere

Reactions: 4 users
Not sure if this was mentioned but we had a DO match at Baylor (BCM) the real baylor
Baylor has taken DO’s before the past few years.. still an amazing match…. Two at Vandy is amazing tho.. best IM match for DO ever… Vandy is arguably a top 10 program

Reactions: 1 user
Baylor has taken DO’s before the past few years.. still an amazing match…. Two at Vandy is amazing tho.. best IM match for DO ever… Vandy is arguably a top 10 program
Yeah Vandy interviewed a very select few DOs in the past but never matched one until this year. very impressive. And yes Vandy i wiuld say is within T15 absolutely insane match. Other contenders would be UChicago and WUSTL in the past which I would say are all equal tier

Yeah Vandy interviewed a very select few DOs in the past but never matched one until this year. very impressive. And yes Vandy i wiuld say is within T15 absolutely insane match. Other contenders would be UChicago and WUSTL in the past which I would say are all equal tier
They (Vandy IM) matched a dude from LMU like five years ago… He was listed as an MD. Like many residency list, always look at the schools because there’s sometimes an MD that went to “Philadelphia College of Medicine.”

Reactions: 7 users
They (Vandy IM) matched a dude from LMU like five years ago… He was listed as an MD. Like many residency list, always look at the schools because there’s sometimes an MD that went to “Philadelphia College of Medicine.”
A testament to how pointless MD vs DO is these days.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Pretty sad they try and “hide” it but whatever lol duke ortho did the same thing with the girl from campbell they have CUSOM listed as some other school name to make it more “MD” sounding lmao nice to see DOs continuing to make strides

Don't know all the matches but some notables I've heard from PNWU are:

Anes at WashU, UW
DR at USC, prelim at UW
GS at UoA-Tucson
Urology at UF-Jax(?) not 100% on location

Military:
Optho
Ortho

I'll update as I hear more.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty sad they try and “hide” it but whatever lol duke ortho did the same thing with the girl from campbell they have CUSOM listed as some other school name to make it more “MD” sounding lmao nice to see DOs continuing to make strides
Eh. Usually that stuff is put together and made by some assistant coordinator who has absolutely no idea, it’s not so much trying to hide it as it is that person just not even understanding the difference. I’m listed as an MD on about half of the crap my program puts out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Don't know all the matches but some notables I've heard from PNWU are:

Anes at WashU, UW
DR at USC, prelim at UW
GS at UoA-Tucson
Urology at UF-Jax(?) not 100% on location

Military:
Optho
Ortho

I'll update as I hear more.
USC Keck? bc thats leagues more impressive than U of South Carolina

Likely just entered by people who aren’t clinical. I was an MD in the computer until I asked them to change it. One of my co-residents from a big name med school was listed as a DO. It’s much more likely just ignorance/incompetence instead of some conspiracy.

Reactions: 5 users
Likely just entered by people who aren’t clinical. I was an MD in the computer until I asked them to change it. One of my co-residents from a big name med school was listed as a DO. It’s much more likely just ignorance/incompetence instead of some conspiracy.
I know this particular design is made by residents at the program but by saying "Jerry Wallace SOM" it's technically not wrong either.

HCA is feasting on NSU students.

Matter of time before HCA University Hospital across FTL campus starts having residencies and snatching 100 more students

Attachments

• steve-harvey-scared.gif
    steve-harvey-scared.gif
    354.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Sad
I don't know which moderator has been helping me with this thread, but I want to thank you. Every time I log on and try to hyperlink one of these match list to the appropriate school, you've already done it.

Reactions: 3 users
I know LECOM had at least one urology match, I believe from the seton hill campus

LECOM 2023 Match List

Attachments

• 2023-Match-Results-for-LECOM-website.pdf
    433.5 KB · Views: 417
Reactions: 2 users
Moderator Note: I posted the LECOM list provided above by @knights60
This LECOM list includes Seton Hill and Bradenton campuses as well, but does not separate out Elmira as it is a newer campus.

Also fixed the DMU link which was broken, now the link leads to an anonymized list organized by specialty.

Yale IM? i didnt see a DO on the Yale roster which would have been extremely impressive. You must be talkjng about the Path match it was Path and at Yale Waterbury campus

Yes I was referring to pathology. Silly question but why is that match not as impressive to you? Isn’t Yale, Yale? Despite it not being the main campus you still get the Yale flex, right?

Yes I was referring to pathology. Silly question but why is that match not as impressive to you? Isn’t Yale, Yale? Despite it not being the main campus you still get the Yale flex, right?
It’s only a flex to non-medical people. It’s a name brand sure, but once you get into your specialty there will be programs known as being the top in that field. Take pediatrics for example one of the top 3 programs in the country is Cincinnati children’s hospital. It’s tied to University of Cincinnati. To a non-medical person and even non-pediatrics person that wouldn’t be impressive. To pediatricians it’s cream of the crop.

The name brand prestige stuff correlates pretty well with IM training. Other specialties, it’s very much a wash and people outside of medicine or even people in medicine but outside of that specialty probably don’t have insight into which programs are good.

For instance, Hopkins anesthesia sounds super impressive. But apparently it’s a solid but not earth shattering match in their world.

EM at an Ivy is generally considered not great because they have way too much subspecialty support. Best training seems to be at big county hospitals.

Unopposed FM programs are typically the go to places.

Places like UVA and MCW absolutely smoke most of the Ivy League in IR.

A buddy of mine interviewed at Yale for pathology. Ended up not even ranking them because he had better options.

Because it’s not actually Yale. the community affiliates don’t carry the same prestige as the main center. Often the affiliation is more of an in name only type affiliation.

A common one is Hopkins Bayview vs Hopkins Osler. Only one program is the true Hopkins program.

Because it’s not actually Yale. the community affiliates don’t carry the same prestige as the main center. Often the affiliation is more of an in name only type affiliation.

A common one is Hopkins Bayview vs Hopkins Osler. Only one program is the true Hopkins program.
My mom says it taste the same though…
1680979193384.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
A buddy of mine interviewed at Yale for pathology. Ended up not even ranking them because he had better options.
What are some of the most desirable pathology programs to match into?

Oh interesting. Thank you for clarifying. Incoming naive med student lol which is why I thought it was quite impressive coming from a DO school.