*~*~* Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2013-2014 *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My AACOMAS was verified on Friday and isn't showing any release dates, but I received one secondary on Monday (before they're apparently verified on Tuesday) and three more between yesterday and today, so I'm a little confused on how the AACOMAS time-space continuum works.

Members don't see this ad.

I filled out every section in my application and it won't let me verify. It says only 10 out of 11 things are complete. Does any else know what they are talking about?

All course work, essays, transcripts, mcat scores are in.

I sent my application in August 6, they've had my transcripts since June 15th. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one still waiting!!! I was getting nervous! Lol.

{Why not work from home? Check out my blog! dyiwithconnie.blogspot.com}

Members don't see this ad :)
I filled out every section in my application and it won't let me verify. It says only 10 out of 11 things are complete. Does any else know what they are talking about?

All course work, essays, transcripts, mcat scores are in.

You may have a section of your application that is over the character limit. That happened to me and as soon as you fix it you can submit.

I sent my application in August 6, they've had my transcripts since June 15th. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one still waiting!!! I was getting nervous! Lol.

According to the verification thread, you should be next. I submitted on the 7th so estimating by other verification dates we will both be today or early next week!

Just got an email saying I'm verified! Turned my app in on August 6th!

Is there anyway to download a copy of our app before I submit it? I found a tab that says "save as pdf" but does not show the explanation part for my activities. TIA :)

Just got an email saying I'm verified! Turned my app in on August 6th!

I just got verified too! I'm so excited! Is there any place we can check and see if they made any changes and what they calculated my GPA to be? I just want to make sure its the same.

I just got verified too! I'm so excited! Is there any place we can check and see if they made any changes and what they calculated my GPA to be? I just want to make sure its the same.

I am not sure. I was trying to figure that out but I can't find it.

I am not sure. I was trying to figure that out but I can't find it.

I think you jus gotta print it out and it'll say it on the completed application

So they changed things incorrectly during verification. Does anyone know what I do?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just went in to look at my course work. I couldn't see a calculated GPA or anything, but I saw that they re-categorized a course incorrectly.

Oh okay. Someone corrects me if I'm wrong, but I think it takes a few weeks for verified GPA to show up.

Ok this is kind of a weird question, but maybe someone else is in the same boat. Once my application was verified they re-classified one of my English courses as a science course and now I don't meet the minimum english credit requirements for any of the school I applied to. Will my application be automatically rejected if it get sent to a school before I can get this problem fixed? Or is that something I only have to worry about once secondaries come around?

If I don't get in anywhere this cycle, do I have to resend my transcripts to AACOMAS when i'm being verified next cycle? Or can that all be carried forward(and of course send update transcripts for any further coursework).

If I don't get in anywhere this cycle, do I have to resend my transcripts to AACOMAS when i'm being verified next cycle? Or can that all be carried forward(and of course send update transcripts for any further coursework).

The AACOMAS instructions state " If your application was submitted and verified in
the cycle immediately prior to the current cycle,you DO NOT need to send in new transcripts
unless you have additional coursework."

http://www.aacom.org/Documents/AACOMASInstructions.pdf

Does AACOMAs consider PA school credits science credits? Most are science oriented, but I'm not really sure.

Does AACOMAs consider PA school credits science credits? Most are science oriented, but I'm not really sure.

If you go to the "Entering Courses" section of the AACOMAS Application Instructions it says that Physician Assistant courses should be listed as "other sciences"

For anyone who got verified recently, how long has it been taking for you to receive secondaries? I was verified last Friday and I haven't gotten a single secondary yet and I applied to 13 schools. Should I be worried?

It varies from school to school, I got one from 1 school the next day, some a week later, and some I haven't got yet. I was verified 9/9

Thanks for the answer. I've been on a work marathon and have limited time to myself to work on this right now, but it was integral to getting going.

Is it too late to fill out AACOMAS for the 2013-2014 application cycle and would DO schools still consider applicants at this point?

Is it too late to fill out AACOMAS for the 2013-2014 application cycle and would DO schools still consider applicants at this point?

I honestly think it depends on how your stats are looking. If you are competitive you would have a better chance than if you were non competitive submitting now.

For anyone who got verified recently, how long has it been taking for you to receive secondaries? I was verified last Friday and I haven't gotten a single secondary yet and I applied to 13 schools. Should I be worried?

I just received my first secondary like an hour ago and I think we were verified around the same time. I think I was verified last Friday, I guess it depends on how many primaries they are receiving.

I honestly think it depends on how your stats are looking. If you are competitive you would have a better chance than if you were non competitive submitting now.

If you are competitive, you have a better chance than if you were non competitive at all times of the cycle :smack:

I just received my first secondary like an hour ago and I think we were verified around the same time. I think I was verified last Friday, I guess it depends on how many primaries they are receiving.

I received almost all my secondaries today. Now I feel overwhelmed, good thing I pre-wrote most of the apps

If you are competitive, you have a better chance than if you were non competitive at all times of the cycle :smack:

Yeah this is true. I just know a lot of admission representatives say if you know you are non competitive then apply early because your chances are a little better than waiting later.

I received almost all my secondaries today. Now I feel overwhelmed, good thing I pre-wrote most of the apps

Lol, you know I meant to do that but time just escaped me! But I'm about to set some deadlines for myself and get it together :)

I signed up for my University's letter of rec service. Turns out it sends my 6 letters into one package to each school. If a school requires just 2 letters, should I send them an email or call them to tell them which ones to read?

If you received a fee waiver from AACOMAS, and applied to more than 3 schools, what was the fee for the next additional school? $195 or $35? I'm just wondering before I submit this application because that's a huge difference.

I was just verified a few days ago where can I seen my gpa ? also if I just sent aacomas my updated mcat scores do I need to update anything on the application ?

thanks

I was just verified a few days ago where can I seen my gpa ? also if I just sent aacomas my updated mcat scores do I need to update anything on the application ?

thanks

I'm also curious about where I can find my gpa.

Thanks for any help.

I'm also curious about where I can find my gpa.

Thanks for any help.

You will be able to see it once you see the release date next to each school. Underneath the release date, click on "view" and you will be able to see the application that they sent the schools along with your gpa

I received the fee waiver through AACOMAS and now a school has asked me to email them a copy of the AACOMAS waiver. Where do I get a copy of the fee waiver? I always thought schools get a list of applicants who were qualified for the fee waiver and they would look at that.

I have a question about entering IB courses. International baccalaureate. my transcript lists my entire diploma as one course name IB diploma credits for AMCAS i was told to enter them separately by course name and divide the units. how do i enter them for AACOMAS? they also don't have IB in their drop down menu. anyone done IB and know how to enter these courses???? OR does anyone know the quickest way to get in touch with AACOMAS to get answers to such questions??

I deleted one my extracurriculars after my application had been verified and sent out to school. Reason is a long story, but I did it to avoid potential discrepancies.

So I guess what I'm wondering is if this is allowed? And If so, well the schools I applied to get the notice that I did this? Did I just screw myself over?

Any advice or answers is greatly appreciated!

When I download the submitted copy of the AACOMAS application, grade replacement doesn't seem to be figuring into the displayed "overall" GPA under "GPA and hours by year". It is simply displaying the GPA as if it would be without grade replacement. :bang: I hope schools aren't throwing away my application based on a GPA without grade replacement figured in, even though the replaced courses are clearly noted later on! Why is this happening; is it like this for everyone or did I do something wrong?

Also, what are "quality points"?

This is perhaps ridiculous, but I'm wondering if it's too late to start my AACOMAS application. I understand many schools have deadlines that are around Feb. 1-April 1 with some exceptions. Thoughts? CA resident, 3.55 cumulative, 3.95 science (post-bac), 32 MCAT, have shadowed a DO.

I apologize if this questions has been answered before.

If I update my AACOMAS application, when will the schools see the updated version? I recently updated my AACOMS application and added a first author publication, I want to make sure schools will see that. Thanks!
Updated applications are released every Tuesday and made available to schools on Wednesday.

Okay so I am in a dilemma at the moment. I just studied abroad in Spain during the spring semester. January 2-May23. My transcripts will not be released for at least 6-8 weeks. This is not a problem for the MD application because I can count it as current course work, but apparently DO schools need me to send my foreign transcript to an evaluation company in order to evaluate my course work for the spring semester. I will not be able to send the transcripts to the company for at least 6 weeks. Will this be too late in regards to the application cycle? Also, if anyone has any experience with this I would be extremely open to any advice. There are many companies listed in the application manual, but they are all different and vary in cost.

Thank you!

Hey Guys,

Apologies if this has been answered. I saw it mentioned a few pages back, but couldn't find the solution. When we save a pdf version of AACOMAS, the actual 750 character descriptions of experiences are not shown. This strikes me as odd, especially if you're hoping to do some final edits/corrections. Has anyone figured out how to get those into the pdf?

Thanks so much for the help, and good luck to you all!

Hey Guys,

Apologies if this has been answered. I saw it mentioned a few pages back, but couldn't find the solution. When we save a pdf version of AACOMAS, the actual 750 character descriptions of experiences are not shown. This strikes me as odd, especially if you're hoping to do some final edits/corrections. Has anyone figured out how to get those into the pdf?

Thanks so much for the help, and good luck to you all!

There is no way to do that. You will just have to copy and paste into a word document.

When I was filling out my app and EC section, I put the average weekly hours and calculated my total hours from that. Since there was no way to enter decimals in the weekly hours I had to round down. I didn't want to round up because that would be lying. Any one see this as a problem. I was stupid enough not to notice that they weren't required fields, I had the option of filling out weekly hours or total hours. My application is already released.

OK thank you. As long as I'm not missing anything...
You aren't. But once your application is released you can print out a pdf. It includes all the description, gpa, and course work but I understand. Your worry is before submitting.

You aren't. But once your application is released you can print out a pdf. It includes all the description, gpa, and course work but I understand. Your worry is before submitting.

Excellent. Thanks again for the help!

Ugh! I'm so frustrated with AACOMAS. After waiting six long weeks to be verified I received a message today that my application is "undeliverable" due to alleged coursework errors. I entered it exactly the same way in AMCAS and they had no issues what so ever! Does anyone know whether my application goes back to the end of the queue once my corrections are made, or do I keep my place in line?

I hate to post this in two places, but I just wanted to know so I can submit by Friday.

I have a few questions,
it tells me that 0-32 hours is a freshman
32-64 is a sophomore
64-96 junior
96+ senior.

Do I include pass fail course credit hours in this as well as the courses I withdrew from? Because that is what I did, even if I have a W I counted it as a credit against this scale.

Also another question, I held two different positions in the same organization, should I include them as two separate extracurricular activities? I was a member for one year, secretary another, and president the last year.

Any clarification would greatly be appreciated.

I hate to post this in two places, but I just wanted to know so I can submit by Friday.

I have a few questions,
it tells me that 0-32 hours is a freshman
32-64 is a sophomore
64-96 junior
96+ senior.

Do I include pass fail course credit hours in this as well as the courses I withdrew from? Because that is what I did, even if I have a W I counted it as a credit against this scale.

Also another question, I held two different positions in the same organization, should I include them as two separate extracurricular activities? I was a member for one year, secretary another, and president the last year.

Any clarification would greatly be appreciated.
1) Yes, you are correct. You have some flexibility though. If you really wanted to you can count up to 34 or 30 credits as freshman. It only affects your Freshman year GPA.
2)I held multiple positions in different organizations and I included them all in one EC. Just say also held postion of ___ from may 20__ to december 20___. then write the hours and description. THat was my general outline.

Reactions: 1 user