*~*~Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2021-2022~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have any idea about how long verification takes around this time of the year?

It took 3 weeks for my academic update verification to complete when I submitted on sept. 3rd. It normally doesn’t take nearly that long, but who knows.

Members don't see this ad.

It took 3 weeks for my academic update verification to complete when I submitted on sept. 3rd. It normally doesn’t take nearly that long, but who knows.
Thanks! I saw online it can take 3-6 weeks but I'm hoping mine does not take that long since I submitted so late.

okay so this is potentially a dumb question but I truly do not know the answer and hear different things from everyone. so far I have only heard back from ~5 of my 35+ schools I applied to (mainly DO). I have 2 interviews so far, 1 hold, and 2 rejections. however, im starting to get kind of concerned considering not hearing anything at all back from the rest of my schools. When do I start to worry? I know I should be genuinely excited and happy to even get interviews, and I am, but why haven't I heard back from the majority of my schools? Also, is it common for schools to just ghost you if they don't want you, or do most schools let you know of a rejection? Thank you in advance for your answers!

Members don't see this ad :)
okay so this is potentially a dumb question but I truly do not know the answer and hear different things from everyone. so far I have only heard back from ~5 of my 35+ schools I applied to (mainly DO). I have 2 interviews so far, 1 hold, and 2 rejections. however, im starting to get kind of concerned considering not hearing anything at all back from the rest of my schools. When do I start to worry? I know I should be genuinely excited and happy to even get interviews, and I am, but why haven't I heard back from the majority of my schools? Also, is it common for schools to just ghost you if they don't want you, or do most schools let you know of a rejection? Thank you in advance for your answers!
When did you apply to majority of the schools? However, keep in mind that some will ghost you after completing the secondary application.

Right now, I'm in the process of submitting my DO app. The AACOMAS website is currently experiencing a glitch that is preventing applications from being submitted. Has anyone experienced anything like this before, and if so, how long did it last? Since we're now pushing into Nov, delays in the process are quite unnerving!

Could somebody please help me understand why the AACOMAS team cannot delete a submitted evaluation on our behalf? It just seems like a simple task that can be done easily. Yes, I have reached my submission limit, but I recently received a letter and would like to substitute it for another. Obviously, I am unaware of the practices behind the application, but the AACOMAS is of no help when explaining this issue.

Could somebody please help me understand why the AACOMAS team cannot delete a submitted evaluation on our behalf? It just seems like a simple task that can be done easily. Yes, I have reached my submission limit, but I recently received a letter and would like to substitute it for another. Obviously, I am unaware of the practices behind the application, but the AACOMAS is of no help when explaining this issue.

They probably could in theory, but the schools already have it once it’s sent off initially so it wouldn’t do much good (schools save stuff even if you take it off your app). The only time I’ve been able to take one off is if I’ve requested it and it hasn’t come in yet from the teacher.

Reactions: 1 user
They probably could in theory, but the schools already have it once it’s sent off initially so it wouldn’t do much good (schools save stuff even if you take it off your app). The only time I’ve been able to take one off is if I’ve requested it and it hasn’t come in yet from the teacher.
I understand what you are saying, but I have not submitted my primary application. How can schools have my materials if I have not sent them/paid for the submission?

I understand what you are saying, but I have not submitted my primary application. How can schools have my materials if I have not sent them/paid for the submission?

Have you submitted to any school? I would assume AACOMAS wants all schools to have equal information sent regardless of submission date. I understand what you mean though, they could just not send the old evaluations. Rules man, can’t live with em, can’t live without them.

Have you submitted to any school? I would assume AACOMAS wants all schools to have equal information sent regardless of submission date. I understand what you mean though, they could just not send the old evaluations. Rules man, can’t live with em, can’t live without them.
No, I have not submitted my application to any school, which is why I am so confused. This is irritating.

No, I have not submitted my application to any school, which is why I am so confused. This is irritating.

Yeah that’s dumb honestly. If you haven’t submitted you can always start a new account, but that would require inputting everything again

Yeah that’s dumb honestly. If you haven’t submitted you can always start a new account, but that would require inputting everything again
Thank you for sharing my frustration. Again, I take partial responsibility because it does state that completed evaluation requests cannot be edited. Still, it is ridiculous. I am willing to restart my application if I am allowed.

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could answer this question for me. If you get an acceptance from a DO school but still have interviews lined up, does that mean that you can’t interview any other places anymore? Even if you accept a school’s offer, can you only not hold 2 acceptances by April 1st?

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could answer this question for me. If you get an acceptance from a DO school but still have interviews lined up, does that mean that you can’t interview any other places anymore? Even if you accept a school’s offer, can you only not hold 2 acceptances by April 1st?
No you can still interview at other places unless there is some agreement you sign with the other school (I don't believe there is anything like that anyways).

Hey! I completed 8 primaries in late August early September and had secondaries done with in 2 weeks of receiving them (last one was in October). I have heard back from 2 schools both pre II rejections. I really haven’t heard back from any of the other schools besides them receiving my secondary.Should I assume the rest are silent Rs? I am going to submit an updated transcript on AACOMAS and do a follow up email either way. I’m just trying to gain a perspective of my timeline.

Before I get redirected to the "Pod to DO" thread, I wanted to pose a question in here. I am currently a first year podiatry student considering making the jump to DO. My undergraduate sGPA was 3.1 and my cGPA was 3.3 My cGPA for my first semester of pod school is 3.73 and my second semester GPA is on track to be a 4.00 (obviously still a lot of time left). I am planning on retaking the MCAT and aiming for a 505+. What are the chances I gain acceptance to a DO school? (spare me the BS about switching and how I am a POS etc I just have a general curiosity and personal reasons for wanting to make a switch)

Thank you to anyone who may be able to assist!

Before I get redirected to the "Pod to DO" thread, I wanted to pose a question in here. I am currently a first year podiatry student considering making the jump to DO. My undergraduate sGPA was 3.1 and my cGPA was 3.3 My cGPA for my first semester of pod school is 3.73 and my second semester GPA is on track to be a 4.00 (obviously still a lot of time left). I am planning on retaking the MCAT and aiming for a 505+. What are the chances I gain acceptance to a DO school? (spare me the BS about switching and how I am a POS etc I just have a general curiosity and personal reasons for wanting to make a switch)

Thank you to anyone who may be able to assist!
So it’s not as cut and dry as we would like to think. Your GPA is perfectly fine, but you should reach out to the DO schools that you’re thinking about attending to make sure they will except the podiatry credits into their GPA calculations. I only say that because if they don’t you will have to take a look at your undergrad GPA trend. If that trend is upward then you have a good case. There are some DO schools that don’t even look at graduate coursework at all, as in they don’t factor in graduate level classes into overall GPA calculations.

The best thing I can say is reach out super early to all the schools you want to attend. I credit my interviews and eventual acceptance to this. Also, come interview time you’ll definitely have to explain why DO and why the switch, but you can worry about that later.

I know some people will give you a lot of flack on here about the transition, but I think it’s a great thing! It took me until my late 20s to get accepted and after a while I realized the people who are saying don’t pursue this anymore are the people who wish they could’ve reached a higher level in their own life. You do you fam, you’ll get in eventually.

So it’s not as cut and dry as we would like to think. Your GPA is perfectly fine, but you should reach out to the DO schools that you’re thinking about attending to make sure they will except the podiatry credits into their GPA calculations. I only say that because if they don’t you will have to take a look at your undergrad GPA trend. If that trend is upward then you have a good case. There are some DO schools that don’t even look at graduate coursework at all, as in they don’t factor in graduate level classes into overall GPA calculations.

The best thing I can say is reach out super early to all the schools you want to attend. I credit my interviews and eventual acceptance to this. Also, come interview time you’ll definitely have to explain why DO and why the switch, but you can worry about that later.

I know some people will give you a lot of flack on here about the transition, but I think it’s a great thing! It took me until my late 20s to get accepted and after a while I realized the people who are saying don’t pursue this anymore are the people who wish they could’ve reached a higher level in their own life. You do you fam, you’ll get in eventually.
Thank you for the informative response! I reached out to the schools I plan on applying to and they informed me that they look at all levels of GPA associated with my application, undergrad and graduate course work alike. I do plan on applying as soon as the 2022-2023 application cycle opens. I have been looking all over and can not seem to find an exact date in which the application cycle opens.

My initial concern is obtaining an interview, not the interview itself. I have a good reason for making the switch and have a non-telegraphed response to the question.

I appreciate the response again, and good luck!

Thank you for the informative response! I reached out to the schools I plan on applying to and they informed me that they look at all levels of GPA associated with my application, undergrad and graduate course work alike. I do plan on applying as soon as the 2022-2023 application cycle opens. I have been looking all over and can not seem to find an exact date in which the application cycle opens.

My initial concern is obtaining an interview, not the interview itself. I have a good reason for making the switch and have a non-telegraphed response to the question.

I appreciate the response again, and good luck!
I would add it somewhere in your primary application. Maybe the personal statement, that way when you get the initial look over they know what’s up. Last years cycle started May 1stish so it should be the same this upcoming cycle with the option to submit late May.

both of my transcripts were received by AACOMAS, do I need to complete all of the app for them to verify my courses for GPA etc or will they do it while I work on the app? didnt see a 2022-2023 thread for this