****Official Acceptance Thread for UMDNJ C/O 2015****

jacobudo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Offer made! Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow dhk5, pretty impressive stats!! Let me know how Harvard goes!

Congrats guys!!! I'm UMDNJ C/O 2014 Lemme know if you have questions :D

Offer made --- received letter as well in the mail today!

what's up possible future classmates of mine!? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Who is committed in attending UMDNJ next fall?

and whatup userah!? lol

I will 99.9% likely be attending umdnj in the fall. I still have an interview at NOVA in January but I think it's a pretty safe bet that umdnj will be my home for another 4 years.

I'm in...still waiting for UPenn, but 90% sure I'm bound to UMDNJ. Who wants to start a Facebook group?

I will definitely be there fall 2011!!!!! Yay!!! Congratulations everyone!!! :love::laugh::D:D:D:D:D:D

I have "offer made" on AADSAS which i assume is accepted? Should I be expecting something in the mail? I'm from Canada so I think snail mail would take some time.

Homer are you an international student? I've heard conflicting information that umdnj didn't take international students. Either way, congratulations!

IN!!!! :soexcited: I will most likely be there next Fall! Congratulations to everyone, and can't wait to meet my future classmates!

Userah - Am international too and accepted...so I guess proof that UMDNJ does take in international students into the trad 4 yr program...but quite few..

Yes, I am an international student. Has anyone filled out this background check yet?

Just joined SDN today and sent in my deposit for UMDNJ yesterday! Anyone else a definite? :oops:

I'm in! And Very Excited! Definitely going! :D

Anyone planning on starting a facebook group?

I'm in! And Very Excited! Definitely going! :D

Anyone planning on starting a facebook group?

Just started one. Type in UMDNJ Dental School Class of 2015 into FB search and add yourself into the group if you plan on definitely attending. Congrats and can't wait to meet everyone!

Got the letter on 12/1. WILL DEF. BE THERE IN THE FALL!!!!!!!! DROPPED OFF MY CHECK YESTERDAY!!!! WELCOME FELOW CLASSMATES:soexcited:

congrats to all of you!

I was waitlisted at umdnj
if anyone knows someone who was waitlisted and hears something from the school please let me know...

thanks in advance

Hi I am an alumni of UMDNJ. If you have any questions that I can help you with just let me know and I'll try to answer as best I can.

Congrats to all you future dentist.:)

hi all, can you guys tell me the reasons why you like umdnj and are going to attend besides the cost?

i'm deciding between temple and nj and am struggling. thanks in advance!

I'm 10000% going to UMDNJ in the fall :D :thumbup: :D

Can someone share why they chose UMDNJ? I'm not from the area but I applied because it's a state school and I'm hoping that I can get state tuition by the 2nd year. Do they have a great pre-clinic? great clinic? a lot of patients? etc?

Congrats to all of you!:)

Did anyone who interviewed at UMDNJ after December 1 hear back from them yet?? This is my top choice and I am hoping to hear from them next month.

Congrats to all of you!:)

Did anyone who interviewed at UMDNJ after December 1 hear back from them yet?? This is my top choice and I am hoping to hear from them next month.
Alegna86- did you hear from them yet? I interviewed Dec 3, still waiting to hear a decision..

Alegna86- did you hear from them yet? I interviewed Dec 3, still waiting to hear a decision..

No, nothing yet. :( I keep checking my email and AADSAS. I hope we both hear good news from them this week!:xf: Let me know if you hear anything!

Can someone share why they chose UMDNJ? I'm not from the area but I applied because it's a state school and I'm hoping that I can get state tuition by the 2nd year. Do they have a great pre-clinic? great clinic? a lot of patients? etc?

It's a city area so you'll never have to worry about having enough patients to practice on. You can get state tuition after your first year. As for the clinic area, the pre-clinic area is okaaaay. It's an old room that they converted into pre-clinic area. Nothing great. The clinic area is awesome though and it's pretty new. I like to walk around there for the hell of it once in a while to soak it all in haha.

Besides what you mentioned, class size of 90 is small enough that you won't feel lost in the crowd. The lecture halls are great and the exams are fair for the most part. I've heard that NYU has cumulative exams at the end that test you on all the subjects all in one exam and that sounds brutal and ******ed. UMDNJ thankfully is nothing like that. Though you will have exams practically everyday towards the end of the semester which is pretty rough but we all knew dental school wasn't gonna be a picnic haha. Comparatively speaking, umdnj is loads better. As for the teachers, they all are very approachable. The ones I've come across I've had no problem with and based on comments from the current first years, the rest of the teachers seem great as well. Albeit there are a few teachers that you will have trouble understanding due to their accents but I'm sure that's an issue at every school you attend.

Hope that answers your questions. Best of luck! :)

hey guys... i am renting an 3 bedroom apartment at university centre with aj jursik (another member of our class) and my boyfriend. we are looking for another roomate. there is a private bedroom open with its own bathroom. it is fully furnished, with a kitchen and living room. the building has its own security, parking garage for only $49 a month, gym, theater, game room, computer lab, etc. the rent for the room is $989 a month with all utilities included except electric (which we are told usually runs from $20-30 per month). It is leased to the person individually from us, through university centre (we just thought it would be nice if they were in our class too).
We are trying to sign are leases soon so any interested please let me know as soon as possible. Its an awesome place!
The website is univcentre.com and I just visited and toured today. I thought the online pics were too good to be true but what you see is actually exactly what u get. We were sold!

Just got the call! Accepted into the Class of 2015!

Hey, when did you interview? And did your AADSAS change as well?

No changes to AADSAS yet. And this is going to sound odd, but I just interviewed this morning. I am a non-traditional candidate though and I guess the ADCOM really liked my background (8 years of military service and defense contracting).

Hope you hear something soon Alegna!

No changes to AADSAS yet. And this is going to sound odd, but I just interviewed this morning. I am a non-traditional candidate though and I guess the ADCOM really liked my background (8 years of military service and defense contracting).

Hope you hear something soon Alegna!

Wow, that is awesome. Congrats!

Thank you, I really hope I hear from them too...I want to go there more than anything.

If UMDNJ moves to Rutgers-Camden I am not sure I would still go the NJDS. Camden has to be worse than Newark! With the medical school moving to the main campus of Rutgers it would make sense to move the dental school to the Camden campus. Now what??

If UMDNJ moves to Rutgers-Camden I am not sure I would still go the NJDS. Camden has to be worse than Newark! With the medical school moving to the main campus of Rutgers it would make sense to move the dental school to the Camden campus. Now what??

Hmm, can you explain where you heard this? I was not told that NJDS would be moving to Camden. I would think this would have been brought up during the interview.

I do not believe the med schools/dental schools are affiliated with Rutgers any longer but please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:

Misguided Info. No schools are moving. :)

Hmm, can you explain where you heard this? I was not told that NJDS would be moving to Camden. I would think this would have been brought up during the interview.

I do not believe the med schools/dental schools are affiliated with Rutgers any longer but please correct me if I am wrong.

Gov. Christie had a news conference last week where he said there would be "substantial fundamental changes" to UMDNJ with the medical school moving to Rutgers main campus. The hospital would be operated by a third party. If there is no medical school, no UMDNJ hospital, it seems logical to move the dental school too. The medical school would become the Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine at Rutgers University. There was NO mention of the dental school, whatsoever!

With the budget shortfalls and no improvement on the horizon, the dental school looks like it will be underfunded if it stays in Newark, or relocated to the Camden campus with moderate funding, or dissolved to save money.

NJ politics at their very best! The only way to "save" the dental school would be to move it to the southern part of the state. Camden needs the jobs and tax revenue more than Newark.

NJDS also just built a brand new clinic facility and classrooms that they will be moving into, which is part of the Newark campus of UMDNJ. There was no mention at all of a potential move during the presentations today.

Gov. Christie had a news conference last week where he said there would be "substantial fundamental changes" to UMDNJ with the medical school moving to Rutgers main campus. The hospital would be operated by a third party. If there is no medical school, no UMDNJ hospital, it seems logical to move the dental school too. The medical school would become the Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine at Rutgers University. There was NO mention of the dental school, whatsoever!

With the budget shortfalls and no improvement on the horizon, the dental school looks like it will be underfunded if it stays in Newark, or relocated to the Camden campus with moderate funding, or dissolved to save money.

NJ politics at their very best! The only way to "save" the dental school would be to move it to the southern part of the state. Camden needs the jobs and tax revenue more than Newark.

OMG i though you were BS ING at first. then i received this email from my school.

Following release of the Report of the New Jersey Higher Education Task Force Tuesday, January 4, Governor Christie signed Executive Orders 51 (http://www.njit.edu/president/docs/2011/2011-01-05-higher-ed-exec-51.pdf) and 52 (http://www.njit.edu/president/docs/2011/2011-01-05-higher-ed-exec-52.pdf). Executive Order 52 creates the Governor’s Higher Education Council, creation of which was recommended in the Task Force Report, and Executive Order 51 establishes the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Advisory Committee, which is charged with reviewing recommendations of the Higher Education Task Force on medical education and UMDNJ and making recommendations to the Governor on issues concerning medical education in New Jersey and its delivery.
The Committee is specifically charged with making recommendations regarding the structure of medical education in New Brunswick-Piscataway, Newark, and South Jersey. With respect to Newark, the Committee is to consider whether we, NJIT, should start our own medical school and whether UMDNJ’s schools in Newark should become part of any of the other senior public universities in Newark.
Because the work of the Committee directly impacts higher education, particularly NJIT and medical education in Newark, we would anticipate having input to the work of the Committee. We will keep you informed as implementation of Executive Orders 51 and 52 proceed.
Thanks,
Bob

Even if it did move to Camden, I can't imagine it making that big a difference. I mean, look at USC. It's basically a gated reverse prison that is meant to keep the bad things out. Penn is in west philly, and my dear columbia is in washington heights -- they can all be very rough areas. A bonus in these areas is that you won't have that fear of not having patients to work on. Having parts of UMDNJ under another different guidance also wouldn't be such a bad thing. They have a history of making the news for all the wrong reasons, so new admins could help rebuild their reputation.