*~*~*~* Official AMCAS Questions Thread 2020-2021 *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if there is a list of MD schools accepting the January MCAT for 2021 admissions? If so, can you please share.

Members don't see this ad.

I really appreciate this forum. Thank you so much for your responsiveness and insight. At what point do we start to worry about the silence? I have not heard any good or bad news and am just wondering is there around a time the silence means no?

Hi everyone! I decided to enroll in some extra classes this semester. They weren't on my primary because I wasn't planning on taking them. The classes are currently in-progress. Do I need to update my primary or provide a school with this update for these in-progress classes? Should I just wait until after the semester is over?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have already completed secondary applications to several medical schools, including the required number of letters of recommendation for each program. One of my professors just provided me with their letter of recommendation. Because I think it would be a strong letter, I'm interested in sending it to some programs I've applied to. It's not a question of adding it to my AMCAS application, as I had already made a spot for the letter there. If I now send this letter through AMCAS to programs I already completed secondary applications for, will this affect my place "in line" in terms of the order in which they are evaluating applications? I wouldn't want to be bumped to the back of the line because of this letter being added to my application.

I just realized after submitting my application quite some time ago that I forgot to add another university along with the courses/grades for them into AMCAS (as I didn't have access to those in progress grades until late September). Is there any way I can add a university along with the courses/grades for it as I don't see an option to do that now. This means resubmitting and recalculating GPA as well. Thank you.

Hi,

I know the general advice regarding high school activities is to only use them if we continued to do the activity later.
I attended a health sciences/medical sciences academy in high school which included a lot of introductory premed classes, volunteer work, and some clinical exposure. I also competed in a national health science org and placed at that level/was a state-level leader. I didn't end up continuing with the org through undergrad but only because I felt like I had done all that could be done there after high school.

I was thinking of including all this as one 'activity' on the application. Any advice?

Hi,

I know the general advice regarding high school activities is to only use them if we continued to do the activity later.
I attended a health sciences/medical sciences academy in high school which included a lot of introductory premed classes, volunteer work, and some clinical exposure. I also competed in a national health science org and placed at that level/was a state-level leader. I didn't end up continuing with the org through undergrad but only because I felt like I had done all that could be done there after high school.

I was thinking of including all this as one 'activity' on the application. Any advice?
Better to mention them in your PS than listing as an activity.

Highly recommend also subscribing to healthcare huddle for weekly newsletters about relevant topics in the news. Here is the link to subscribe Healthcare Huddle