*~*~*~*Official AMCAS "Work/Activities" Tips Thread 2013-2014*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we had 20 slots.

Or just one more slots to fit in my presentations/posters....
Or a slot to tell medical schools to just accept me already. :D

I noticed that this thread has SO MANY QUESTIONS, but not as many answers. I will give my suggestions to take a break from my application editing process, but these are just my suggestions.

I would put the latest end date, and make sure you explain in the description that you are planning on continuing this activity, etc.

Definitely explain the organization! If they don't understand what the organization is about, it's difficult for them to gage why you got involved/why you did what you did in the organization/etc.

Maybe your pre-health advisor if you could give her a list of contacts for all your shadowing experiences? Or if you're close to one of the physicians you shadowed, list him/her as the main contact, and provide him with contacts for everyone you shadowed (maybe an e-mail for the person you shadowed abroad).

For your ENT experience (I shadowed an ENT too for quite a chunk of hours and thought it was awesome--plenty to see and learn), I would just go with the 350 hours. Good to be truthful. As for your description, I think that's a good start! Explain what you did/saw while shadowing, why it was significant, why you shadowed the doctor for that many hours possibly? (I suggested these since if you're listing the shadowing experiences separately, then that means you have a whole 700 characters to fill if you need them.) 350 hours is no small feat.

Fizzlin, thanks for the feedback. t was truly an estimation, I shadowed the guy for almost 10-12 months, and many surgeries. I settled at 300. I did not list it as my most memorable though, I listed cooking and baking with my kids as most significant, emergency room shadowing as most significant and attending a problem based learning session for a week at medical school with medical students as most significant.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

If I participated in several research studies as a research PARTICIPANT (meaning I was the one being studied - one was for a medical condition and the other was behavioral/psychology) and contributed quite a good number of hours in each (50-60 hours for both), where should I list that activity? I was paid in both situations and in the medical one communicated quite a bit with the researcher about his lab and the research itself.

Thank you!

Hi everybody, quick question:

Let's say that I worked in my research lab only during the school year (Sept 2010- May 2011) during my freshman year, and school year + summer during my sophomore year (Sept 2011- July 2012) and just the first semester during my junior year (Sept 2012-Dec 2012).

Do I have to add this information in separately using the "Repeated?" option or can I just clump it all together and say I worked from Sept 2010-Dec 2012?

Edit: I have an additional question: If I just started my volunteer 2 months ago, but made a 1 year commitment. Should I write my hours and end date assuming I will complete the 1 year commitment?

Thanks!

Bump! Still looking for an answer for my 2 questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have multiple doctors you shadowed, or multiple jobs, how do we enter the contact info? Are we supposed to list the contact info for the other jobs/doctors in the description? seems like a waste of space to me...

Would you guys list academic rank? Let's say you're in a graduate program where your rank is X out of 200+ and you're really high. I want to list it under honors with my deans list etc. but not sure if this is something that's generally listed. It doesn't show up on my transcript, only on my schools portal when I login.

For the meaningful experiences section, can we talk about how a high school experience led to the current university experience? Specifically, does the high school experience have to be also separately listed as one of the15 as well?

For example:
For the meaningful section, I wrote about how receiving a prize at a high school science fair led me to pursue the research project I worked on in university. Should I have a separate entry as part of the 15 for the high school activity?

It just seems redundant to me, and people on this forum have been saying not to include high school activities. Can someone advise me?

Hey guys,

So while going through the AMCAS manual I saw this quote "A maximum of 15
total experiences may be entered; however you can enter up to 4 occurrences for each experience"
Does this mean that we can only have 4 items under each activity? For example, I have shadowed about 6 docs. Am I allowed to put all 6 under the same "activity"?

Has this been answered? What if I want to list 7 separate but similar experiences under one "total experience"? if I can make it fit, am I breaking a rule?

How common is it to put research as a most meaningful experience? I don't do medically related research and it didn't directly influence my choice to pursue medicine :/

I have a question about quitting a job that you've already listed on AMCAS as going on until June 2014. I turned in my application on June 11th shortly after I had started a full-time job at a plasma donation center as a medical screener, and I anticipated having the job basically until I (hopefully) matriculated. However, I want to quit the job for a number of reasons (poor management, repetitious tasks/job responsibilities, poor pay, and having to deal with rude/sexist donors everyday). Despite these obstacles, I have gained quite a bit of clinical experience working with underserved populations in this position and plan to address this in my secondaries/interviews. I just don't think I can take the actual day-to-day of this job for much longer!

In short, would it look bad to quit now and have it listed on my application as lasting until June 2014? Or could I explain the situation to med schools in a way that doesn't make it sound like I'm being whiny about the whole situation?

Is it ok to mention something in ONE meaningful experience that I discussed in ANOTHER? I'm assuming that they read them in chronological order, and the one I'm referencing is discussed first.

Is this OK or should each meaningful experience stand completely alone?

Hi all,
I worked as a wrestling coach for a number of years at my former high school, I was just wondering whether I list this as paid employment (if you can call the scraps I made payment), or leadership. I only have one other definite leadership experience, so can I add this one to the category too?

Please feel free to yell if this has been explained in some fashion, but can I put "0" hours for a leadership position I held throughout college and just write "Averaged 3 hours per week" at the end of the explanation? I held two leadership positions: one for only a year, and the other for all four years of undergrad. I figured rather than counting up all the hours I can just let them know how much time I put in each week. Any suggestions?

Also, for an internship in a doctor's office, that would go under: Community Service/Volunteer - Medical/Clinical, correct? I know there's a big distinction between what is and isn't clinical, so I wanted to make sure non-clinical work goes under this label as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not an Adcom so these are just one man's opinions, but I felt bad that there were so many questions going unanswered! I'll try to get to some of the ones that I think I can help with.

Please feel free to yell if this has been explained in some fashion, but can I put "0" hours for a leadership position I held throughout college and just write "Averaged 3 hours per week" at the end of the explanation? I held two leadership positions: one for only a year, and the other for all four years of undergrad. I figured rather than counting up all the hours I can just let them know how much time I put in each week. Any suggestions?

I think it'd be better to put the total number and count it up. It's not that bad, it'll probably take up 5 minutes of your time. For what it's worth, I also provided the hrs/week in my descriptions.

Hi all,
I worked as a wrestling coach for a number of years at my former high school, I was just wondering whether I list this as paid employment (if you can call the scraps I made payment), or leadership. I only have one other definite leadership experience, so can I add this one to the category too?

Yes you could probably list this as either, and if you're lacking in leadership this may be a good place to fit some in.

Is it ok to mention something in ONE meaningful experience that I discussed in ANOTHER? I'm assuming that they read them in chronological order, and the one I'm referencing is discussed first.

Is this OK or should each meaningful experience stand completely alone?

I think it's understandable that there will be some synergy between some of your meaningful experiences. However, I think each should be understandable on their own if each is to be considered it's own separate meaningful experience rather than one experience you're attempting to split into two. If you're only lightly referencing previous work, that seems fine (for example, one experience explaining a startup company that was also inspired from the meaningful research experience that you had on toothpaste recycling).

How common is it to put research as a most meaningful experience? I don't do medically related research and it didn't directly influence my choice to pursue medicine :/

I imagine it's common but not a requirement in any way. I think research can be meaningful to you even if it doesn't "directly" influence your choice to pursue medicine. Are you suggesting that this non medical research is actually very meaningful for you or that you simply don't consider your research one of your meaningful experiences?

Either way, don't feel pressured to do it just for appearance. It's fine to have other experiences as your most meaningful.

Has this been answered? What if I want to list 7 separate but similar experiences under one "total experience"? if I can make it fit, am I breaking a rule?

I don't think so. Feel free to list 7 experiences under one group, though you'll have to provide a coherent way to indicate the time and hours that you spent on them. In my case, I provided hours/week in the description and just used one large AMCAS time range/total for the whole thing rather than try to separate out the four occurrences when I had more than four activities under one heading.

For the meaningful experiences section, can we talk about how a high school experience led to the current university experience? Specifically, does the high school experience have to be also separately listed as one of the15 as well?

For example:
For the meaningful section, I wrote about how receiving a prize at a high school science fair led me to pursue the research project I worked on in university. Should I have a separate entry as part of the 15 for the high school activity?

It just seems redundant to me, and people on this forum have been saying not to include high school activities. Can someone advise me?

I would very much avoid using a high school activity for it's own section. Feel free to include it with the subsequent college-activity that it led to all in one heading. It's the latter bit that gives the HS bit any "importance."

Would you guys list academic rank? Let's say you're in a graduate program where your rank is X out of 200+ and you're really high. I want to list it under honors with my deans list etc. but not sure if this is something that's generally listed. It doesn't show up on my transcript, only on my schools portal when I login.

I can't see why it would be that useful to list. These schools can already see your GPA and putting this into perspective is often the role of the committee letter. If you feel your GPA is not plainly indicative of your relative performance (i.e. you went to a severely grade deflating school) you could try to wiggle in the rank somehow, but otherwise I would leave it out.

If you have multiple doctors you shadowed, or multiple jobs, how do we enter the contact info? Are we supposed to list the contact info for the other jobs/doctors in the description? seems like a waste of space to me...

I would just list the contact info for one of the doctors and be done with it. Or, I would list the contact info for someone else (even if it's not one of the doctors) that could verify that I did indeed shadow all of them. I wouldn't waste description space with all of their contact info.

Hi everybody, quick question:

Let's say that I worked in my research lab only during the school year (Sept 2010- May 2011) during my freshman year, and school year + summer during my sophomore year (Sept 2011- July 2012) and just the first semester during my junior year (Sept 2012-Dec 2012).

Do I have to add this information in separately using the "Repeated?" option or can I just clump it all together and say I worked from Sept 2010-Dec 2012?

Edit: I have an additional question: If I just started my volunteer 2 months ago, but made a 1 year commitment. Should I write my hours and end date assuming I will complete the 1 year commitment?

Thanks!

To your first question, I would add the information separately using the "Repeated" option.

To your second question, yes write your hours and end date assuming you fulfill your commitment.

Hi guys,

So in one of my activities, i did more than 4000 hrs. what am i supposed to do since max is 999 X 4??

You can indicate 999 X 4 and then explain further in the activity description if you think it's important for them to understand (sounds like a substantial activity).

do people use all 15 slots? i used only like 5

Most people probably don't use all 15. Use as many as is practical given your application. Be sure that you've given yourself credit for all the different activities you've been engaged in. If that's 5, just roll with it.

I founded my own web/graphic design business in 2011 and have designed for a few national organizations as well as some local ones, should this go under Artistic Endeavors or Non-Medical Paid Employment?

Probably depends on how you want to sell it. To me, that seems like a great example of self-employment and I may list it as such. However, being "artsy" can also be really sexy so that's a great option too.

I've been playing & competing heavily in a sport since 2002 continuously till my senior year at college and to be honest, I do not know how many hours I've been on it. Should I just list like 999? Or Should I break up the period (repeating) into 4 equal time periods and put like 999 each?
I would do the latter option (break into 4) and perhaps briefly explain the extent of the commitment more specifically in the description.

how do you guys feel about getting a rec letter from a supervisor in an activity and then listing that activity as most meaningful? i mean, it makes sense that I got a rec letter from someone with which i worked with in an activity i was very invested in....

will this repeat information? as the rec letter probably already talks about my involvement in that activity

and also, i was planning on listing a research experience in work/activities, but realized that I didn't ask for a rec letter from the PI there (reason being, I did most of my work there in high school and only one summer in college and I didn't think to get one since it was mostly high school). This only 'disqualifies' me from HMS... so is it worth it to just not mention this research experience? I also got 2 publications from this so should I just list this whole thing under publications so it doesn't raise a huge red flag?

Last edited:
Question: Should I listing my experience as a teaching assistant under teaching/tutor/teaching assistant or under paid employment? It can fall under both...

Hello everybody,

I have a quick question regarding the Reference Contact for this session. One of my contacts was a professor at my school. However, he does not longer work at the University, rather, he switched into Industry. Please advise whether I should note his old title (when he still worked at the University) or his new title under the "Contact's Title"

Thank you.

I am trying to get some insight here and I hope someone can help me

10 years ago I completed 2 years in a medical school in my home country and was in my third when the school was closed. Accrediatation was denied, so no record of transcripts anywhere.
When AMCAS ask about previous matriculation into a medical school what do I put there?

Is it the type of things that AMCAS would answer to if I call them?

Thank you

A quick question...

My adviser advised me against using my DO shadowing experience in the AMCAS app, saying that it may tell them that I am also applying for DO schools and thus they could be more reluctant in accepting me seeing that I am somewhat flimsy about going to MD schools...? Also, another reason he cited was that many MDs still see DO docs in a derogatory way.

Is his advice genuine?

A quick question...

My adviser advised me against using my DO shadowing experience in the AMCAS app, saying that it may tell them that I am also applying for DO schools and thus they could be more reluctant in accepting me seeing that I am somewhat flimsy about going to MD schools...? Also, another reason he cited was that many MDs still see DO docs in a derogatory way.

Is his advice genuine?

Personally, I wouldn't put DO shadowing on the AMCAS but that's just me. As far as the 'derogatory' comment, I'm not opening that can of worms.

A quick question...

Is his advice genuine?
I disagree with your advisor. A physician is a physician, and regardless of the letters after their name, shadowing experience will be considered equivalent. Listing DO shadowing along with MD shadowing will not be considered negatively by adcomms.

I am trying to get some insight here and I hope someone can help me

10 years ago I completed 2 years in a medical school in my home country and was in my third when the school was closed. Accrediatation was denied, so no record of transcripts anywhere.
When AMCAS ask about previous matriculation into a medical school what do I put there?

Is it the type of things that AMCAS would answer to if I call them?

Thank you
AMCAS doesn't accept foreign transcripts anyway. Puerto Rico, however, would not be considered foreign, and a call to AMCAS might get you the information about where your transcript can be found based on their experience of where others have tracked them down (if that is the location of your old school). Give it a try and call them.

Hey guys,

What do you think is a sufficient amount of detail on the descriptions, particularly for the most meaningful activities? I'm finding that for a club I'm in where I started a new program, I don't know if I should be giving more details about it in the additional space, or saying its impact on me. It's kind of hard to do both and I was hoping I would get a chance to do that at the interview stage. Are med schools expecting all the possible detail now?

AMCAS doesn't accept foreign transcripts anyway. Puerto Rico, however, would not be considered foreign, and a call to AMCAS might get you the information about where your transcript can be found based on their experience of where others have tracked them down (if that is the location of your old school). Give it a try and call them.

Thank you for your reply

No, there are no way to request a transcript. I know for a fact that it was a scam, I was in the Student Government Association, and when we realized what was going on, we petition to the government for help, but it was too late and a lot of politics involved.

I called AMCAS and they first told me, it is up to me to mention it or not, because transcript will not be required and then she put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said that I have to mention it, and try to remember courses that I took and my grades, because it can't stay blank.

Now my fear is a replly that I got from someone here, informing me that most medical schools will not take a candidate that was a medical student somewhere unless the student was transferred to another institution because the candiddate might have failed. Since I basically have no proof that the school was closed, to obtain one, I will have to request some paperwork to the Higher Education administration and I know that will not happen, I know how my country works.
If I don't mention it, I have to change my personal statement, If I do mention it I fel like I have to come up with some kind of proof!

Can someone clarify fr me this rule about not accepting former medical students?

Thank you

I'm at 15 entries, but one of them I'm uncertain about... It's a presentation & publication (separate) that I did for a chemistry communications class and for a writing class. The presentation took about a month of reviewing scientific articles to make a poster and present to the department. The writing class project took a few weeks, and was published in the English department newsletter.

But both were not optional or EC; these projects were required to pass the courses I was in.

Should I include these?

for the contract end date, do we just simply anticipate when the project will end? ie. can I say I am doing something from January 2013 - January 2014?

is that alrgiht?

1. See FAQ #10

2. Yes some people have done stuff like this. I can't recall exactly but I think the recommendations before were to put it down as other and explain that you got college credit in the description? Maybe Catalystik can help out on this one

If I have a total of six shadowing experiences, and the AMCAS only allows a total of four in a "repeated" experience, should I just list the four most important, or split it into two items on the application? Thank you!

I did neuroscience research freshman year and part of my sophomore year, but I quit because I wasn't improving. This was because I hadn't taken a neuroscience class and my career goals/my major was in a completely different direction---public health. Since then, I've started working on an original public health research project for an NGO. Should I list this under work and activities? How should I address my quitting, because I remember only a cursory overview of what it was about. I had only JUST started my own research; I was learning lab protocols until that point, like how to grow bacteria and insert plasmids. Really basic stuff that I didn't understand until after I took cell & molec. (my sophomore year, fall semester.)

don't talk about quitting; talk about being there and how you evolved because of that experience (did it help sprout your interest in public health?)

Well, I GUESS I could stretch it out.

Hey,

A couple questions:

1. This year I started doing some volunteer work at a hospital. However, shortly after I started (a month later) I went abroad for a research experience. I am now back to the States and will resume my volunteer work. Consequently, I don't have that many hours. Should I include it? It was my most recent volunteering experience. I thought it would be a plus but if I were to put hours it would only add to about 12 hours! Advice?

2. Also, I am a re-applicant. Is it alright to keep the same words for descriptions of the activities I am keeping?

3. Under my publications section I just wrote the name of the article, authors, and whether if it was "submitted", "in review", "abstract".. Is that alright?

Thank you!!!

I am considering including 5 papers that I have submitted for publication, but that have not been accepted yet, in my list of 15 work experiences/activities. While it isn't great that they haven't been accepted yet, I have put a lot of time and learned so much from writing the papers that at this point I don't want to leave it out of my application. I have got mixed feedback about whether or not including these submissions is a good idea. Any thoughts?

I submitted my AMCAS about a week ago and did not add my CNA experience to the work/activities section. I'm seriously worried at this point I have no idea how I missed this. I guess looking at that monster of an application for 200 hours made me miss the simplest thing. I have probably 500 hours as a CNA and lots of good patient interaction so I'm incredibly upset this isn't represented in this section. I did mention I work as a CNA and discussed a specific story in my personal statement, but I feel like I might look quite stupid by not having this under my work experience. Does anyone have any advice? I would hate such a stupid, simple mistake to ruin my chances if getting into the school(s) I want to.....

I submitted my AMCAS about a week ago and did not add my CNA experience to the work/activities section. I'm seriously worried at this point I have no idea how I missed this. I guess looking at that monster of an application for 200 hours made me miss the simplest thing. I have probably 500 hours as a CNA and lots of good patient interaction so I'm incredibly upset this isn't represented in this section. I did mention I work as a CNA and discussed a specific story in my personal statement, but I feel like I might look quite stupid by not having this under my work experience. Does anyone have any advice? I would hate such a stupid, simple mistake to ruin my chances if getting into the school(s) I want to.....

Make sure to include it on your secondaries in relevant spaces (i.e. additional info/extracurriculars), highlighting the fact that you left it out by accident.

Update schools that don't have a space on secondaries via email.

Hi-I keep seeing people mention that they are listing things as ongoing activies. I don't see where that option is on the page. It makes me put an end date-do I put the current month and year and then write in the description that it is ongoing?

Thanks

Hi-I keep seeing people mention that they are listing things as ongoing activies. I don't see where that option is on the page. It makes me put an end date-do I put the current month and year and then write in the description that it is ongoing?

Thanks

I believe you can go as far in the future as September 2014, definitely sometime in 2014.

If I have a total of six shadowing experiences, and the AMCAS only allows a total of four in a "repeated" experience, should I just list the four most important, or split it into two items on the application? Thank you!
You can double up two of them, sorting them perhaps by same insitution or related specialty. In the narrative you might put, "Also shadowed . . . (name specialty, # hours) with a contact if you have the space.

I am considering including 5 papers that I have submitted for publication, but that have not been accepted yet, in my list of 15 work experiences/activities. While it isn't great that they haven't been accepted yet, I have put a lot of time and learned so much from writing the papers that at this point I don't want to leave it out of my application. I have got mixed feedback about whether or not including these submissions is a good idea. Any thoughts?
You could either mention at the end of the associated Research entry for each project that you submitted a paper (or papers), or alternatively, since the experience of writing the papers is what you want to highlight, you could include another entry under "Other", named, perhaps, Scientific Writing Experiences, and discuss them there.

Hey,

A couple questions:

1. This year I started doing some volunteer work at a hospital. However, shortly after I started (a month later) I went abroad for a research experience. I am now back to the States and will resume my volunteer work. Consequently, I don't have that many hours. Should I include it? It was my most recent volunteering experience. I thought it would be a plus but if I were to put hours it would only add to about 12 hours! Advice?

2. Also, I am a re-applicant. Is it alright to keep the same words for descriptions of the activities I am keeping?

3. Under my publications section I just wrote the name of the article, authors, and whether if it was "submitted", "in review", "abstract".. Is that alright?

Thank you!!!
1) Rather than giving it its own entry, consider tacking mention of it onto the end of another clinical volunteer experience.

2) If it didn't work the first time . . . at least tweak them somewhat.

3) Manuscripts that have not been accepted are not "Publications." Submitted papers are better mentioned at the end of the associated "Research" entry, if at all. Alternatively, see my response above.

Make sure to include it on your secondaries in relevant spaces (i.e. additional info/extracurriculars), highlighting the fact that you left it out by accident.

Update schools that don't have a space on secondaries via email.

Awesome thank you for your advice. I actually called a few adcoms and they said it isn't a huge deal. Just mention it in secondaries or via email just like you said!

As I have been a postdoc for almost 4 years, I have got over 10 publications in my time. At the moment, I have used 4 entries to cite my pubs (author, date, title, journal) as the character limit isn't enough. Seems a bit on an inefficient use of space but I guess there is no better option?

It'll be a similar situation with posters presented, as I've given several talks/posters over my and I don't really want 8 of my 15 sections to be taken up with publications/posters. Opinions? I'm leaning toward keeping my 4 publication entries and just heavily abbreviating posters.

there's an option to print the app in PDF. that's what it will look like.

I'm having a similar issue and can't figure this out. In the editing box it looks nice and bullet pointy and whether I retype it or type it up as plain text in notepad and copy paste when I look at the PDF or the "show details" part I have an ugly single paragraph. please help, I was hoping to submit today! I've used all 15 slots and maxed out characters in many of them (I'm a nontrad) and I really don't want to give up my precious bullet points. I read elsewhere in this thread about "doing a hard enter" is this some trickery beyond the good old fashioned enter key?

I'm having a similar issue and can't figure this out. In the editing box it looks nice and bullet pointy and whether I retype it or type it up as plain text in notepad and copy paste when I look at the PDF or the "show details" part I have an ugly single paragraph. please help, I was hoping to submit today! I've used all 15 slots and maxed out characters in many of them (I'm a nontrad) and I really don't want to give up my precious bullet points. I read elsewhere in this thread about "doing a hard enter" is this some trickery beyond the good old fashioned enter key?

Hi there, I called AMCAS about this issue because when I looked at the PDF, all of my bulleted list items looked like this:
- club, description.- hobby, description, - etc, description (like one big clump instead of an actual bulleted list.)
They said that when they viewed my application, it wasn't all clumped together and was an actual list. Don't worry too much about it!

I feel really stupid about this. I completely forgot one of my work activities and didn't include it on my application. I submitted it a week ago but since it won't be transmitted for at least a few weeks, any chance they will add it onto my app? Should I bother asking them or is this just not going to happen?

Hi there, I called AMCAS about this issue because when I looked at the PDF, all of my bulleted list items looked like this:
- club, description.- hobby, description, - etc, description (like one big clump instead of an actual bulleted list.)
They said that when they viewed my application, it wasn't all clumped together and was an actual list. Don't worry too much about it!
thanks so much, what a relief!

In regards to number 17 on the list created at the beginning of this thread, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with deciding how to list my hours for a particular experience. Long story short, my father had a stroke and is incapacitated. So I am his medical guardian, power of attorney and full-time caregiver. I wanted to talk about these experiences and how it's helped me develop as a person. This has been going on for 9-10 months now and I'm wondering if every hour elapsed since that time counts or if I should try to give an average of how much time I spend doing these activites/ day.

Take in mind that I live with him and that I am his only caregiver for EVERY need!

Hey guys, I used the bullet point/hyphen form for my activities section descriptions. When I reviewed my application prior to submitting, I reviewed the PDF print preview, and it seemed fine, so I submitted my AMCAS. However, I just looked at the HTML print preview, and the formatting was completely messed up!!! I don't know if medical schools would be able to read it properly if they see the HTML section.

Will this disadvantage me?!?!? Do medical schools only see the HTML version? Or do all the schools also see the PDF version as well?

So my question somewhat relates to question 13.

I submitted my primary application without knowing what I will be doing during my gap year. I was contemplating doing a masters program or working in americorps. BEcause my MCATS score was my target score, I decided to do americorps and work with Red Cross (so excited to take a break from school!!)

Now my question is this, how to I tell schools I am doing Red Cross? Will the only way be through secondaries?

So any thoughts on if schools or AMCAS contacts the people you list for verification purposes on your application's activities?

Status
Not open for further replies.