Official APhA Orlando Meetup thread!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananaface

Pharmacy Supernerd
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, here is the plan: we are gonna have 2 meetups.

1) Friday evening at the opening social. Where and when???

2) Saturday evening for dinner. Meet in the lobby of the Rosen Hotel at 7pm. If it's super big, aim near the registration desk. Cusine to be determined. Ideas?

If you are going to be offline and need an update, you can leave me a message at the Travelodge desk on Friday by calling (407) 345-8000. I'm registered as Anna Knopp. (I am legally changing my last name next week, so if you were thinking of stalking me, that's too bad!)

Or, you can PM me for my cell number. I'm not sure if I'll have consistent internet access after I leave my apartment at 6 PST on Thursday, so if it's after then, I guess you can PM FutureRXGal for hers or mine. We'll work it out. I'll post here before I leave, so you know it's too late.

Members don't see this ad.

bananaface said:
So, here is the plan: we are gonna have 2 meetups.

1) Friday evening at the opening social. Where and when???

2) Saturday evening for dinner. Meet in the lobby of the Rosen Hotel at 7pm. If it's super big, aim near the registration desk. Cusine to be determined. Ideas?

If you are going to be offline and need an update, you can leave me a message at the Travelodge desk on Friday by calling (407) 345-8000. I'm registered as Anna Knopp. (I am legally changing my last name next week, so if you were thinking of stalking me, that's too bad!)

Or, you can PM me for my cell number. I'm not sure if I'll have consistent internet access after I leave my apartment at 6 PST on Thursday, so if it's after then, I guess you can PM FutureRXGal for hers or mine. We'll work it out. I'll post here before I leave, so you know it's too late.

What are you changing it to? Green-Gables, Phylactic, or Rexia? :D :smuggrin:

Yeah, I'm local to Orlando, so I'll have internet connection all the way until I leave to drive over to O-town on Saturday afternoon. If anyone needs directions or phone numbers, just PM me. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
bananaface said:
I am legally changing my last name next week, so if you were thinking of stalking me, that's too bad!

Darn :(

BTW, I like "Anna"...beautiful in its simplicity.

I'm sure everyone has accomodations all set...but if anyone is staying at the Howard Johnson on Hawaiian Court...run away. Sleep on a bus stop bench if you have to.

The hallways stink of dank mildew, and...I didn't know hotel room carpeting was supposed to be sticky.

LVPharm said:
I'm sure everyone has accomodations all set...but if anyone is staying at the Howard Johnson on Hawaiian Court...run away. Sleep on a bus stop bench if you have to.

The hallways stink of dank mildew, and...I didn't know hotel room carpeting was supposed to be sticky.
Don't forget, Orlando just had 3 hurricanes. Many hotels in the area were damaged and still are because Florida doesn't have enough contractors to fix all the damage.

Point taken...the hallway in question was on the ground floor, and could have suffered flood damage. It smelled like a wet locker room.

I'll be at the Rosen. The Friday night social seems like a good time to get together. I have a Dean's dinner on Saturday night, so I won't be able to make that. Is anyone free for Sunday night?

I'll PM my cell phone to Anna.

I have numbers for dgroulx, FutureRXGal, and I think I have C-ject's number buried somewhere in my PM box (not sure). I mostly just want to exchange numbers in case we have difficulty meeting up, so that if someone is late or lost, we can touch base instead of being in limbo.

So, when and where should we meet at the social?

Are you going, LV?

I just PM'd the following users who previously mentioned they were going to APhA or live nearby:

-BMBiology
-bbmuffin
-crying moo
-lord999
-Trancelucent1
-Mags
-jemc2000

We shall see who is able to make it!

bananaface said:
Are you going, LV?

I just PM'd the following users who previously mentioned they were going to APhA or live nearby:

-BMBiology
-bbmuffin
-crying moo
-lord999
-Trancelucent1
-Mags
-jemc2000

We shall see who is able to make it!

I think she will have better things to do in Orlando than SDN! :laugh:

Hopefully, it will soon be National President-Elect Mags

Caverject said:
I think she will have better things to do in Orlando than SDN! :laugh:

Hopefully, it will soon be National President-Elect Mags
She said she wanted to go to the meetup! Networking! Everyone come meet Mags! Your school should be voting for her! (shameless plug) :laugh:

I will be there Saturday night, if I can catch up on OChem.

Members don't see this ad :)
jemc2000 said:
I will be there Saturday night, if I can catch up on OChem.

How late will you be there on Saturday? I have the Dean's dinner to go to, but I am free after that. We have a caucus to attend before the dinner, too. PM me your cell phone number.

dgroulx said:
How late will you be there on Saturday? I have the Dean's dinner to go to, but I am free after that. We have a caucus to attend before the dinner, too. PM me your cell phone number.

Probably 11 or so. Yet to be determined. :) I PM'ed you my cell number.

For Saturday night dinner, what kind of restaurant would you all prefer? And as far as price per person, what is your limit? That way, we can at least narrow some down.

Most likely I cannot make it. Sorry guys.

i'm not going to make it to orlando this year either....

Maybe I'll see you folks at ASHP midyear. You can visit me at the residency showcase booth...if you mention you're from SDN, you might get a free pen! Or something. Maybe a pamphlet. And a business card.

FutureRxGal said:
Hmm, on the Rosen's website, it said the hotel was 5 minutes from CityWalk. :confused:

That would be driving, without any traffic on International Drive and making every signal. I've never accomplished that feat. My husband and I stay in that area every summer for a weekend vacation. It's always jam packed with cars.

bananaface said:
She said she wanted to go to the meetup! Networking! Everyone come meet Mags! Your school should be voting for her! (shameless plug) :laugh:

shush... hehe

well i have some mentor meeting to go to that nite (sat)
but i will MOST definitely be at the social,

cant wait to meet all the SDN kids!
dont miss out on your free stuff *winks @ anna*

whos going all out for the social? i bought a hawaiian sundress, leis, and my flipflops

We can see what is nearby then. If there is nothing good and nobody wants to drive, the hotel has a pizza parlor and a regular restauraunt. We'll work it out. :D

Where is there to meet up at the social? Mags, C-ject you went last year. We need to post a location before people (like me!) leave town!

bananaface said:
It has been proposed that we meet just outside of the ballroom doors on Friday. Why don't we do 9pm.

Friday at 9pm sounds good. By the way, if you go to the Rosen Plaza website, you can print out a buy one get one free dinner coupon. It's good up to $20.

Mags said:
whos going all out for the social? i bought a hawaiian sundress, leis, and my flipflops

Gee...wonder where you got the idea from?? I'm wearing a hawaiian shirt, khaki shorts, and sandles. ;)

What time is everyone meeting on friday? More than likely I won't be able to make it though. I have a test tomorrow from 3-5 (we're taking it in the Peabody) and then I'll be leaving not long after that. I have tons of lectures to catch up on and no other time this weekend. Sorry guys...also saturday is the Dean's dinner. I will be wandering around aimlessly throughout most the conference though :) If you see someone who looks completely lost then that's me!

dgroulx said:
Friday at 9pm sounds good. By the way, if you go to the Rosen Plaza website, you can print out a buy one get one free dinner coupon. It's good up to $20.

coupon

I'm out of here. The interstate is full of snowbirds going home, so I'll be taking back roads into Orlando. See everyone tonight. :)

darn you guys... I just got back from Orlando, all the time thinking, I wonder if SDN is meeting up? I TOTALLY MISSED THIS THREAD (for some reason???) and banananana's PM too... just got it now. :( It was my first time so I was really lost and I could have used a friendly SNDer or 5. I had a lot of fun though, so I'll be looking forward to next year's events. I'll be more diligent in reading the threads!

btw, I l\\really enjoyed Mags' speech... (my chapter voted for her too but alas...)

crying moo said:
darn you guys... I just got back from Orlando, all the time thinking, I wonder if SDN is meeting up? I TOTALLY MISSED THIS THREAD (for some reason???) and banananana's PM too... just got it now. :( It was my first time so I was really lost and I could have used a friendly SNDer or 5. I had a lot of fun though, so I'll be looking forward to next year's events. I'll be more diligent in reading the threads!

btw, I l\\really enjoyed Mags' speech... (my chapter voted for her too but alas...)
You're chapter also was the first one to get up and oppose my new business proposal +pissed+ +pissed+

It's all good! :)

Caverject said:
You're chapter also was the first one to get up and oppose my new business proposal +pissed+ +pissed+

It's all good! :)

I told them to. I was like SOUTH SUCKS! Anyway, your long-winded spiel gave me more time to play with the Advocate Rx Solutions puzzle I picked up at Expo, so yeah, it's all good! :) ...but I still haven't solved the puzzle.

crying moo said:
I told them to. I was like SOUTH SUCKS! Anyway, your long-winded spiel gave me more time to play with the Advocate Rx Solutions puzzle I picked up at Expo, so yeah, it's all good! :) ...but I still haven't solved the puzzle.
:eek: Long winded spiel??? :eek:

I was trying to make my case for it...it is something I feel strongly about hence the content. Oh well...can't win everyone over :(

Caverject said:
:eek: Long winded spiel??? :eek:

I was trying to make my case for it...it is something I feel strongly about hence the content. Oh well...can't win everyone over :(

Then again I take it for granted that EVERYONE knows about the 3rd class of drugs issue already. That's got to be one of the biggest opportunities coming up for us! I just found it amusing you spent a lot of passion in explaining all the details of "behind the counter" as if it was a novel idea. No explanation needed hun. Just action. We need to be very careful with it so we don't lose it!

and, RANT: I could not for the life of me get a decent glass of sweet tea! Is Florida a southern state? What am I going to do in SF next year... do they have tea?

crying moo said:
and, RANT: I could not for the life of me get a decent glass of sweet tea! Is Florida a southern state? What am I going to do in SF next year... do they have tea?

No, Florida is not a Southern state in the true sense of the term. ;) We do have sweet tea here, but I don't think every restaurant has it. And good luck in SF! I remember asking for sweet tea out there, and the waitress wrinkled her nose and then pointed at the Sweet N Low/Equal dispenser. I said, "No ma'am, like.. tea made with sugar when the tea is hot...," and she was all, "We have raspberry tea." :laugh: +pissed+

To sum it up, you'll more than likely have to settle for adding sweetener to cold tea, getting raspberry tea, or getting something else. :D

on the sweet tea issue...

i can't handle unsweet i have to get something else.

the best sweet tea ever is from a place called Milo's you can buy it by the gallons here in birmingham and i have heard that they make it with a little brown sugar in it

yummmmmm

Sorry I missed meeting up with you guys..
Next year when its in SF, I'll help organize a place and time for sure.
Make sure you guys look at our school's ASP website. We'll try to put a special link soon to fun stuff to do, places to visit, eat at and stay, as well as transportation and stuff.