***Official ASDOH Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaay, that’s great! I also got accepted into NYU. It’s a great school! ASDOH as well.
Not to mention the rotations in the fourth year is one of the best

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Go with ASDOH! Smaller class size, cheaper cost of living and I think the facilities and more up to date!
Yes, this is definitely true!! I'm just conflicted since NYU has such a great reputation and is ranked very high, and is of course in NYC! But ASDOH is definitely great as well! Does anyone know which school is better for specializing?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, this is definitely true!! I'm just conflicted since NYU has such a great reputation and is ranked very high, and is of course in NYC! But ASDOH is definitely great as well! Does anyone know which school is better for specializing?

Yeah they both have their Pros & Cons.
Definitely NYU for specializing, ASDOH only has ortho specialty.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist?

I just got the call from Azra!!! I've been accepted to ASDOH!! I had basically given up all hope of getting accepted this cycle and I got in so don't give up hope guys!!

Reactions: 4 users
Can anyone give advice on the interview process? Level of stress? Weird questions? Anything? I Have mine coming up and am super nervous

Can anyone give advice on the interview process? Level of stress? Weird questions? Anything? I Have mine coming up and am super nervous

Usually super laid back, they have two 1-on-1 interviews with you and a faculty member (usually an instructor). They're usually pretty relaxing interviews where they just try to get to know you and see if there are any red flags from you. Just be confident, tell the truth and be yourself. I had 1 interview where the faculty didnt look at my info at all as they wanted to just get to know me and my desires before actually going over my application, and had another interview where the person basically had my application memorized to the letter and asked questions about my research, why i wanted to be in dentistry, and why this school etc (usual stuff you'd expect). So know your application well, be prepared to talk about anything positive and negative about it and be yourself.

The day is simple, they give you a small breakdown of info about the school, have you fill out a small hand-written hypothetical situation (likely to check if your writing styles match or for fun or something, mine was interesting and fun) Then you do a tour of the facility, They usually let you sit in and or observe in a procedure in the clinic or sit in on a lecture for a 1st or 2nd year class. You then have lunch with an upperclassman and they give you guys like 20 bucks to eat (i suggest the fried chicken sandwich at elephants or the black bean burger for vegetarians). Then you do the 2 interviews. Thats the day usually, or at least something similarly formatted depending on the schedule (maybe interviews earlier etc)

Hope that helps

So, I assume you're interviewing for the Class of 2023? I don't know when Endeross interviewed, but thats not quite the set up I had. I interviewed there towards the end of September (like maybe 3 weeks ago) and we had one interview with two faculty members and then 3 MMI's (which were 1 min to read a scenario, and then 5 min to walk in the room and act out your response to a "patient." Which was a paid actor) The one with faculty was completely dependent on who you had interviewing you. My interviewers had my application, I think it was half closed? Meaning they had my personal statement and experiences and things like that. Most of my questions came from that, and then there were just basic interview questions, and then they also asked spur of the moment questions that came up in our conversation. We did tour the school and clinic, but we didn't observe any procedures or sit in any lectures like mentioned above, and they don't have you do any hand written hypothetical situations. We had lunch with students but it was served from the cafe there on campus. We did do a group activity with about 4-5 other applicants where we had 10 minutes to prepare for a 2 minute presentation on a question like "What are the 5 most essential characteristics a Oral health professional should have?" or something similar. The school I personally thought was fantastic. It was pretty relaxed for most of the day and the faculty and students were super nice, down to earth, and very helpful. Like the advice given above, just be yourself. Be genuine and just try to show them who you really are in that short amount of time they get with you. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.