Official August 14 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bonesaw45

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have seen posts on the 20th and the 16th but nothing for the 14th. I can't wait to get this over with, counting when my kaplan course started I will have been MCATting (not a word) since October and I can't take it anymore. Most frusturating part is that I didn't have that much time to restudy, but at least I got a seat. Anyway, who's ready to take it, I know facts cold but anytime I think about the test my left arm goes numb and my face droops a little. If only I didn't get that 7 in verbal on June 15th+pity+ (I apologize for abusing smiley faces in my posts there just so cool)

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you so much! I love posting on the MCAT forum, and I'm glad I can make it a friendly and encouraging place. :) I really appreciate all of the support! I'm so glad the MCAT's out of the way -- I can't wait to apply next year! :thumbup:

Great job! I ended up with a slightly lower score than you but I'm going to retake. I wish the best for you in the future, see you around.

ugh...I have a terrible score...definitely retaking but will go ahead and apply with what I have. I did worse in 2004 and received 2ndarys, so I pray that I will get them again this time. Last time I got them and literrally threw them all in the trash b/c I wasn't sure if I wanted to go this route. Definitely retaking in January.

Members don't see this ad :)
PS-08
VR-09
WR-P
BS-11
T-28P

Physical definitely killed me, and verbal obviously had a very harsh curve (considering it felt "easy") My last four Kaplan practice tests were 31, 31, 31, 35, so this is disappointing. I will apply with what I have, however, and retake if necessary. Glad to finally have a score in hand!

PS-08
VR-09
WR-P
BS-11
T-28P

Physical definitely killed me, and verbal obviously had a very harsh curve (considering it felt "easy") My last four Kaplan practice tests were 31, 31, 31, 35, so this is disappointing. I will apply with what I have, however, and retake if necessary. Glad to finally have a score in hand!

I'm with you on PS and VR. Oh well -- your scores are still pretty good! Good luck with your applications!

I dont understand. I completely bombed this test. I couldve gotten the same score without ever studying. It was sooo below practice range. I think this test felt extremely difficult and just threw me off. :scared:

Congrats to everyone who's happy with their scores, and even to those who aren't. You've still accomplished something great by making it through the beast, and now that you know what it's like you'll have an immediate advantage over your fellow test-takers next time! Good luck if you choose to retake! :luck:

37M

PS- 15
VS- 8
BS- 14

i don't know what to do because this score is so strange. Would any of you consider retaking this because of verbal, or am I just worrying too much?

Hey guys, I just wanted to register and report my scores for Aug. 14th for all the people I hung out with in MCAT Chat on Saturday. I had to go before I could report my scores!

VR: 10
PS: 11
BS: 11
WS: R

That's up 4 points from my first administration in May, where I scored VR 11, PS 7 (Crap!), BS 10, WS S. The nightmare is over!

And milad, don't you dare retake :p

August 2006-
PS- 11
VR- 6 :confused:
BS- 10
Writing- O

27O

August 14, 2007
PS- 12 - thought this was really easy, expected 13-14
VR- 10 - thought I got 8-9
BS- 13 - thought I got 10-11
W- Q - thought I'd get <O

35Q

I am so thrilled it's over with! I kept praying for a 32, but this is more than I thought I'd do in best-case scenario! I still keep checking it every hour, I can't believe it! After my first MCAT I had doubts about myself, but no more :)

My tips: I studied from late May til August, with no job or school. THe only thing I did besides studying 8 hrs a day was shadow 5 hrs a week. Also, I took at least 10 practice tests. It is important to not only go over the ones you missed, but the ones you got right because you may have gotten them right for the wrong reasons. practice tests is the KEY.

I don't know whether I should retake!!

PS-15
VR-8
BS-9
Writing-O

32O

Does anybody know if this is good enough for temple or penn state?

Members don't see this ad :)
well looks like im hard up on luck...im gonna have to retake this...UNLESS through some miracle i get accepted this year (im applying DO)

Verb - 8
Phys - 6
Bio - 8
Writing- R

how bad is that 6 going to hurt me???
I took my physics and gen chem classes 6 years ago, so thats how i plan on explaining that one away...well--"away" as it can go during the interview...pending that i get an interview :(

I dont understand. I completely bombed this test. I couldve gotten the same score without ever studying. It was sooo below practice range. I think this test felt extremely difficult and just threw me off. :scared:

I know how you feel. I bombed the test too. I did fine on the practice tests and felt fairly confident after the exam, but I did terrible. I already sent in my apps and everything, so I guess I will see if it pans out. Until then, I am buying some more study materials and will try again in January and reapply next year. It stinks because I am a nontraditional student who has had a biology degree for 2 years. Oh well! Hopefully we will do better next time.

I know how you feel. I bombed the test too. I did fine on the practice tests and felt fairly confident after the exam, but I did terrible. I already sent in my apps and everything, so I guess I will see if it pans out. Until then, I am buying some more study materials and will try again in January and reapply next year. It stinks because I am a nontraditional student who has had a biology degree for 2 years. Oh well! Hopefully we will do better next time.

here here!

37M

PS- 15
VS- 8
BS- 14

i don't know what to do because this score is so strange. Would any of you consider retaking this because of verbal, or am I just worrying too much?

Seriously, most people would kill for this score. It is over 95th percentile. But do what you want to do. However, I think it is fantastic.

Hi...looks like im retaking! if someone has not used their higher score guarantee for Kaplan, I'd like to buy access to the site!!
PM me..thanks!

man, worst day of my life yesterday.

i got 34, 35, 34, 35 on the last 4 aamc practice tests i took..

i ended up with a 8/10/8

im so frustrated. i might as well have not even studied....

man, worst day of my life yesterday.

i got 34, 35, 34, 35 on the last 4 aamc practice tests i took..

i ended up with a 8/10/8

im so frustrated. i might as well have not even studied....

i here u man, im in the same boat, 7 8 9, i might as well not have studied

Well for my second post I guess I'll report an ok
PS - 9
BS- 9
VR- 12
WT- P
total of 30 p :oops:
2 points better than my 28 P from last year. Studied my ass off this time thou and thought I would pull at least a 32. I take it though, this year I applied to 6 schools instead of last years one.
Good luck to everyone

The wait is finally over and the months of studying actually paid off. I was so worried that I would be disappointed.
35Q - 13PS/10VR/12BS
Now I just have to finish school this year and probably apply for 2009, taking a year off. I think I'm way too late in the cycle with way too few ECs to be competitive.

This thread is damn depressing. It seems like most people did worse than their practice scores.

a 37? and u want to CONSIDER retaking becos of an 8 in verbal......thats insane.....you better take the 37 and RUN with it..you might shoot yourself in the foot if you retake....common this is just pathetic....

37M

PS- 15
VS- 8
BS- 14

Do schools get your scores automatically when released or DO you have to release it to them?
I called all of my schools to make sure, but they do seem to get updated MCAT scores automatically as long as they are listed on your AMCAS application.

It seems like a lot of ppl who did bad arent posting. Only those who got 30 plus. This really sucks bc a lot of us deserved to do better. The scores dont represent what we've been getting on practice tests. I feel like thats what happened to the majority of test takers that day. Anyone else agree with me?

yeah. if you look at right after scores came out there are like 10 people who just say, retake, instead of posting their scores. The majority of posted scores are over 30.

Hi all,

I went out of town this past weekend and for whatever reason couldn't seem to get this site to pull up yesterday. I was right there with the nail-biters on Friday, though, so I wanted to post my results (and obsess a little :D).

Here's how it turned out:

VR 13
PS 8
BS 9
WS Q
Total: 30Q

I'm pretty disappointed (except for my verbal and writing scores . . . those I'll keep!!) Last time (May 25th), I got a 28M, so I improved overall and got myself into the 30s (and I think it helps just to pass that barrier) but my score only went up because my verbal was a 10 last time (ran out of time and had to guess on the whole last passage). My BS actually went down a point :( and my PS stayed the same, which is ridiculously disappointing, given how much more prepared I felt in the sciences. (and, given that I ran out of time during the May test in the PS section but finished this time, I really thought I would have at least done a point or two better just because I finished.) That PS was super hard . . . and I had to spend way too much time on some of the BS stuff . . . which made me have to guess on most of the last passage in BS. :( I'm so annoyed.

I'm thinking about studying my butt off from now until January and re-taking then, but that would be the third time. Is that frowned upon?? Or would it be seen as trying to correct things that are weak in my application? I KNOW I could do better with more time to really study and practice. I definitely didn't study as much as I should have for either the May or August tests.

I know 30Q is a decent score, but my grades aren't fantastic (roughly 3.41 science, 3.41 AO), I'm applying to allo schools, and I'm not even AMCAS verified yet (don't even say how bad that is because I am aware. It seems like the cardinal sin on SDN :)). What I have going for me is that I'm different (26rd old with an MA in art history) and I'll have some great LORs.

Comments would be appreciated!

Hey everyone! I am totally jealous of anyone that is not retaking...but I am sure each one of you completely deserves it, so congratulations! For those of you who studied all summer and got worse than what your practice tests indicated...I know how you feel. I was greatly surprised at my low score because I had done much better on the practices. But, what the hell, I will retake in the spring. I have 2 years of undergrad left, so I have time. Failure can only make us stronger right? Haha, I am living on that. Good luck everyone!!! Oh ya, PS sucked!!!! Ahhh.