Official August 2003 MCAT waiting for your scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmitrinyr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Much like many of you out there who have just taken the august mcat, I find myself very bored and out of touch with reality. I was so used to my studying schedule during the months leading up to the mcat that now that it's all over, I almost miss having something to do. For this past week, I have been busy filling out and sending out secondaries but it doesn't even compare to how busy I was when I was studying for the mcat. Now, I find myself in one of those 5-6 hour gaps in which I neither want to do anything nor have anything to do. Because my file at all of the schools will not be truly complete until they get my august mcat scores, I am not in a huge hurry to send out some of these secondaries, especially if they contain boring essays that I have to write. I have taken this test 3 times now and this part (the waiting) never gets any easier. For the first couple of days after the exam, eventhough I told myself not to do it, I was constantly thinking of questions on the mcat and the choices I "might have" put down as my answer. Notice how sometimes if you try to thing back to a question, you can't really remember which answer you actually put down seeing as two of them are almost identical. Of course, it didn't take me long to figure out a couple of stupid questions that I got wrong on this past test. Still, I try to put it all behind me and look towards forgetting I ever took this damn test until the middle of october or so when I will oh so rudely reminded of the fact that I took the test with my scores.

I hope all of you a having more fun than I am and I hope you all are putting the test behind you.

dmitri

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
Good to hear that I'm not alone in the post-MCAT slump. Since my research position ended a week prior to the MCAT, I've found myself with some free time and absolutely no motivation whatsoever. I'm rather enjoying it...but it does feel a bit awkward to not pour through the books until the wee hours of the morning. I'm hoping that this will go away before the semester begins!

im experiencing the exact opposite... Sat and Sunday i went to the movie theatres at night with my friends, Monday to flags, Tuesday to the beach, Wed shopping at Tanger mall, Thur Volunt, Fri Beach, 2night Giants Vs Jets game....i havent even thought about the Mcat...it kicked my ass but u have 2 have a short memory man....just cuz the test is a killer and designed to kick ur ass and have you thinking u suck, u shouldnt give iin...try ur best and move on...dont be greedy, be happy with anything u do in life, whataever path it may be..make the most of it, i know its hard but its worth it cuz in the end ull be a HAPPIER person

Demetri, how have u done on ur previous 2 MCATs ?
:p :p :p

First time I score a 23, but in my defense I should have never taken the test. I wasn't ready.

Then I studied my a$$ off and got a 24. Go figure. Still I know that I have the potential to score in the high 20's because I was scoring that in practice.

Now, I don't know what to think because I actually thought I did in the high 20's after my second time and that backfired on me.

Well, hope that answered your question.